Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We've Been Training for This Our Whole Lives

maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
I understand fears are high. 

This thread isn't about that. 

We stand before a public that is used to leaving their homes. They are used to the greater comforts of life. Toiletries. Pants.

They are used to social gatherings, wearing monocles, and walking in sunlight. 

Now, as restaurants and grocery stores slowly decrease their hours, and the parties and festivals go dark, people will grow restless. 

They need heroes. We are those heroes! 

How do we get those quarantining at home to join our cause? What games shall be used to entice them? 

How can we teach them the intricacies of walking around without pants and the dozens of uses for the common sock?

How do we convey that the world outside isn't real, and that the real world lives in the computer? 

They need us to lead. OUR TIME HAS COME! 

But really though, some of us are going to be home for a long time, so, let's talk about some game recommendations. 

Asm0deusbcbully[Deleted User][Deleted User]ScotalkarionlogViper482PalebaneXarkoHatefulland 2 others.

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited March 2020
    Gonna suggest WoW Vanilla. The timing is just perfect for a whole new wave of gamers to get addicted to that game again.
    maskedweaselRexKushmanHatefull
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited March 2020
    Games to play:

FFXV
    MEA
    Wolcen
    GD
    Ori and the blind forest
    Ori and the will of the wisps
    Mirrors edge
    star wars KoToR
    The outer worlds
    Epitasis
    Half life alyx (available march 23)

Not out yet:
    cyberpunk2077
    horizon zero dawn complete edition
    baldurs gate 3
    Book of travels
    Doom Eternal

maskedweasel

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't want to entice anyone,they should know their interests and follow them.
    Everyone has some hobby or interest at home,likely movies,TV whatever.

My only care is seeing developers making great game instead of all the trash i see that anyone could make back in 1990.
    So we just spent the last 30 years getting nowhere,maybe we can entice Grandpa and Grandma to play some of these games.
    MendelNarug

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Ungood said:
    Gonna suggest WoW Vanilla. The timing is just perfect for a whole new wave of gamers to get addicted to that game again.
    Late Burning Crusade 

Wraith if the Lich King invasion event 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    The Division trained us for this.
    maskedweaselNarug
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    Play league of legend and meet the toxic playes :disappointed:

maskedweaselBlaze_Rocker

Play league of legend and meet the toxic playes :disappointed:

The goal is to make them enjoy and relax during their quarantine, not want to go outside and shoot people.

maskedweasel
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    This may sound weird, especially since I often recommend my main games in LFG threads, but I hope none of those games will face the quarantined masses...
    I'd rather point at "popular" games for them (which I don't play :) )

Minecraft, LoL, Fortnite, the new BR mode of CoD, etc.
    Or Wow, yep, I can totally side with that notion. They should go to Wow, even Mr. T and Chuck Norris recommended it back in the days...

However, I'm fairly certain most of the people on "house arrest" aren't gamers. Also, if anything they will pick up some mobile game instead of downloading a PC one.
    Scot
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited March 2020
    Didn't the last influx of Facebook non-gaming gamers bring us to our present state?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    DMKano said:
    I would say Ring Fit Adventure or any game where you get some exercise. Family games like the wii sports etc... 

I am assuming people are at home with their families.

Daily exercise is key to maintaining not only physical health but mental health in time of crisis, and with families stuck together for weeks - mental health is the biggest challenge - especially after several weeks.

Just my 2c

If you dont have easy access to parks (gyms are a no-no) - family exercise type games are the best now.
    Imagine not having a home gym lol
    AlBQuirky said:
    Didn't the last influx of Facebook non-gaming gamers bring us to our present state?
    I don't think so.. No.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited March 2020
    Maybe a little Minecraft, my boy has me playing this a little with him and I think we will be doing a once and done of the Borderlands series in coop.

Oh be sure the get Xaero's mini map and wold map mod for minecraft!

maskedweasel

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Utinni said:
    DMKano said:
    I would say Ring Fit Adventure or any game where you get some exercise. Family games like the wii sports etc... 

I am assuming people are at home with their families.

Daily exercise is key to maintaining not only physical health but mental health in time of crisis, and with families stuck together for weeks - mental health is the biggest challenge - especially after several weeks.

Just my 2c

If you dont have easy access to parks (gyms are a no-no) - family exercise type games are the best now.
    Imagine not having a home gym lol
    I do a day push-ups, next chin-ups and rest. Chin-ups might be tough unless you have a sturdy bar you can use, but push-ups, sit-ups and other workouts can be done easily with no equipment.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited March 2020
    We are seeing the future, more people working from home, less people on the street. Since TV began kids have found less reasons to be outside, but that process of having less reasons to go out is effecting us all now. Libraries and book shops have closed, online shopping is closing most types of shop. Only food and drink vendors along with entertainment establishments are unaffected by the internet age.

The world fifty years hence will have self driving cars taking people to the building hubs where we all are...I guess tourists will be the only people who walk anywhere, as they actually want to see the city you live in. :)
    AlBQuirkyBlaze_Rocker
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Well it's a sunny day here everyday now since the lockdown in Rome Italy and I want to go to the park. I used to go everyday with my cousin who plays too and is a member of this forum too. We go for about 2 and 1/2 hours and we miss it so much.

Cannot really enjoy all the game time when I cannot enjoy the blue skies and sunshine.
    UngoodmaskedweaselAlBQuirkycheyane

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited March 2020
    kitarad said:
    Well it's a sunny day here everyday now since the lockdown in Rome Italy and I want to go to the park. I used to go everyday with my cousin who plays too and is a member of this forum too. We go for about 2 and 1/2 hours and we miss it so much.

Cannot really enjoy all the game time when I cannot enjoy the blue skies and sunshine.
    My dad is having the feeling of being "cooped up", but living in London it is very hard to suggest what he can do. I came up with the idea that he goes for a walk between 7am and 7.30am as there is hardly anyone about then. Even that though only a couple of times a week; I think it is more the idea you are not allowed to go out than the actual effect on you of not going out that plays on the mind.
    AlBQuirky
    edited March 2020
    They'll catch and fine you if you go outside for a reason other than grocery or pharmacy. You also need to fill a form listing out the reasons for leaving your home. They are very serious in Italy as the situation here is pretty bad.
    ScotmaskedweaselAlBQuirky

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    No changes here , other than my 8 year old is home from school , everything is pretty normal
    RexKushman
    edited March 2020
    DMKano said:
    kitarad said:
    They'll catch and fine you if you go outside for a reason other than grocery or pharmacy. You also need to fill a form listing out the reasons for leaving your home. They are very serious in Italy as the situation here is pretty bad.

Hang in there, italy is in the worst part of it now, but it will start to get better and cases will go down.

Look at China now - their daily cases are in low double digits and most of them are infected people coming into China from abroad.

I'm alright I have hobbies. I pity folk who don't read or play games or exercise. I am really catching up on my reading and I keep myself occupied all the time. So I don't have time to feel sorry for myself.
    AlBQuirky

kitarad said:

Italy has been crazy, with a 5% fatality rate, where 1 out of every 20 people who got COVID-19 have died, that is the second highest fatality rate in the world (First being the Philippians).

I wager it's a nightmare over there. Stay safe! 

Just play Wolcen its the best game.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2020
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    No changes here , other than my 8 year old is home from school , everything is pretty normal

Looks at the market, looks at the portfolio....ehm

LOl i am playing with house money have for years matter little to me ...
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Social distancing.  Been doing that all my life.
    maskedweaselPalebaneKyleranBlaze_Rocker

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Why couldn't this happen back in the prime days of the MMORPG. Could you imagine being stuck home to play EQ, UO, Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, Daoc back in their prime?  
    PalebaneTheocritusAlBQuirky
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Viper482 said:
    Why couldn't this happen back in the prime days of the MMORPG. Could you imagine being stuck home to play EQ, UO, Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, Daoc back in their prime?  
    Every snow day or school holiday I ever had those games all had patch days or outages for some reason. Literal clockwork. I assume if they were in a similar state today they'd also be down.
    PalebaneViper482AlBQuirkyKyleranBlaze_Rockercameltosis