Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Dev Diary Episode 3 Looks at Real-Time Combat

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew World Dev Diary Episode 3 Looks at Real-Time Combat

The latest dev diary from the New World team takes a look at real-time action combat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,052
    Meh, give me old school tab-target combat any day.
    shinobi4444VorthanionAlomarqoma
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Combat looks cool and all, but an MMO is more than that. Refunded it after they revealed that they carebeared the game, and after the leaks saying that there's currently very little actual content in the game. It's as if completely changing the direction of an MMO one year before the release is a bad idea.

Oh well. Back to Albion Online.
    RaapnaapbobbymcswansonNorseGod
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708
    Need to see more PvE content before deciding on this... Played the Alpha and was disappointed to say the least.... Far too little in the world. Everything felt empty. I hope it has changed.
    infomatz
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    I see then talking and little on combat, I could say I saw this on every MMO it exist.

also lag fest looks like will be big
    Alomar
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Inb4 all the animation cancelling QQ :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WrekktWrekkt Member UncommonPosts: 29

I see then talking and little on combat, I could say I saw this on every MMO it exist.

also lag fest looks like will be big

Could only hope they're region lock. I can already see the Chinese seeing the $$$.
    McSleaz
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Okay, good. I like what I'm seeing and hearing. What about PvE content?
    Isaiah 41:10
    Nyctelios said:
    Lack of direction destroyed many big studios recently... I wonder if there is the reason behind the sudden change in focus of this project,
    Well I know nothing about their leadership group and if there has been turnover at the top. Different developers also have their own ideas about what makes a good game just like we do. 

It's on my cautious wait for NDA drop list. I will definitely not be pre-ordering except maybe at the last minute if I see enough footage from that beta month that appeals to me.

I have nothing against event driven PvE - loved that part of Rift as a matter of fact, but I'm skeptical about their PvP system. I like 24/7 RvR zones separate from PvE zones not this flagging anywhere thing they're going with.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• qtaqqtaq Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Looks good to me for ALPHA, peoples negativity is amazing, tab target needs to die most boring combat system on the face of the earth. Amazing how people treat alpha as a finished product everything is not suppose to be in the game yet but go ahead with your stupid ass negativity I for one am looking forward for this title and this alpha looks better than all the mmo crap out there now.
    Vorthanionalkarionlog
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2020
    I can't wait to hear the cries......ranged needs to be nerfed,magic is too powerful,yada yada.

The best items are awarded to pvp players the list of complaints will mount quickly.

Fighting with a sword is lol .

If i was standing there in game and saw a 50-50 battle and saw 20+ players all doing somersaults,i would delete the game off my HD sooo fast,i'd make Usain Bolt look slow.
    I do not EVER want to play a game where it looks like gymnastics class in now in session.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    edited March 2020

qtaq said:

Looks good to me for ALPHA, peoples negativity is amazing, tab target needs to die most boring combat system on the face of the earth. Amazing how people treat alpha as a finished product everything is not suppose to be in the game yet but go ahead with your stupid ass negativity I for one am looking forward for this title and this alpha looks better than all the mmo crap out there now.

This 'alpha' is two months away from releasing with just a single content patch left to be applied to it during this time. What you're looking at right now, IS their release product, minus a few small bits.

The negativity is well-grounded. It stems from realistic concerns about the state of the game - concerns very well verified by current alpha testers - regarding how this game is currently doing.

All of this originates from the fact that half a year ago, AGS decided to take a PvP open world MMO and turn it into a WoW-clone. They can try to claim otherwise, but this is what they attempted to do. I say attempted, because in just half a year, all they managed to do was gut the original game and systems, and replaced it with instanced battle grounds and kill 20 wolves quests.

Buyer beware, do not pre-order this dumpster fire.
    Alomar
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,115
    This looks pretty impressive. From combat, to animations to skills and yes, graphics too.

This gave me a bit of GW2 vibes which is good. I hope there will be grind in this game where items matter, unlike in GW2!

Kinda..hyped about this one. Not much but .. a bit, since ...1-2 months ago I was like "meh" about New World.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,266
    Looks good, graphically. It will be interesting to see if a player based content is viable or if they will implement some generic PvE system.
    alkarionlog
    Looks good, graphically. It will be interesting to see if a player based content is viable or if they will implement some generic PvE system.
    From what I understand the PvE is more "event" based. I'm thinking Rift invasions hopefully taken up a notch or 2. I'd be good with that.
    [Deleted User]ultimateduck

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    At 3:07 I saw a bunny guy?

ultimateduck

• JonnyEgoJonnyEgo Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Personally im excited for the release of this game, regardless of the state/content when released. I think its awesome that we will have another option in the mmorpg genere.
    ultimateduckPirraya