Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dss and Settlers of Elyria.

13»

Comments

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    edited March 2020
    There are so many different things that surprise me about this whole map crap. The point SBS said the sale would start at 3-4% off and it's started back at 0%. Yet seemly no one even cares to say anything. While many people have pointed out they can't release anything, without many delays. Even when no one in the community has really put pressure on them to release it now. They also promised to do testing and did zero testing. 

Then there is the main point. The map looks so god awful. Just.. wow. It's one blurry mess that I honestly can't tell what anything means now. SBS hasn't even described anywhere what it means either. I'm not sure if they are talking only on discord. But this shit is just not right. 

The only thing Serpentius said on the matter is this: 

"Answer: Mountains haven't moved. That said, one of the reasons we felt we needed to change the art style is the icons, while providing a good approximation that there were mountainous regions and elevation changes in the areas, were being interpreted too literally and not to scale. The change in art style was, in large part, to ensure you were getting as accurate of information as you could without impacting the value of explorers and cartographers."

So everyone picked with misled information, well isn't that just great. But it looks awesome at kingdom level. So if their highest backers are happy, it's all fine right?

Not that I'm really expecting much of anything from them. They are clearly idiots that have zero idea how to do anything. I be very surprised if they even released Pre-Elyria this year or ever.

Edit: As to why people are still giving them money. That answer is clear. Just look at the complete fuckwits that are buying enough toilet paper to last them 2 years, thinking it's somehow running out. There is a fuckwit born every minute.
    AnOldFart
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Torrsk said:
    There are so many different things that surprise me about this whole map crap. The point SBS said the sale would start at 3-4% off and it's started back at 0%. Yet seemly no one even cares to say anything. While many people have pointed out they can't release anything, without many delays. Even when no one in the community has really put pressure on them to release it now. They also promised to do testing and did zero testing. 

Then there is the main point. The map looks so god awful. Just.. wow. It's one blurry mess that I honestly can't tell what anything means now. SBS hasn't even described anywhere what it means either. I'm not sure if they are talking only on discord. But this shit is just not right. 

"Answer: Mountains haven't moved. That said, one of the reasons we felt we needed to change the art style is the icons, while providing a good approximation that there were mountainous regions and elevation changes in the areas, were being interpreted too literally and not to scale. The change in art style was, in large part, to ensure you were getting as accurate of information as you could without impacting the value of explorers and cartographers."

So everyone picked with misled information, well isn't that just great. But it looks awesome at kingdom level. So if their highest backers are happy, it's all fine right?

Not that I'm really expecting much of anything from them. They are clearly idiots that have zero idea how to do anything. I be very surprised if they even released Pre-Elyria this year or ever.

Edit: As to why people are still giving them money. That answer is clear. Just look at the complete fuckwits that are buying enough toilet paper to last them 2 years, thinking it's somehow running out. There is a fuckwit born every minute.
    Well, at least toilet paper is tangible and will eventually be used...

KyleranAnOldFart

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Torrsk said:

Yeah, there was one disappointed backer who picked his settlement based on the old map clearly showing "mountains " while in the new view it appears he may be at best up in some rolling hills.

I think the decrease in self sustainability is a greater concern if confirmed as actually true, or worse intentional and done after the fact.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Well, at least toilet paper is tangible and will eventually be used...

Funny enough TP is being sold on ebay for 1k+. Saw the highest cap out at 60k. So I suppose those people are laughing all the way to the bank. Now how can I even make my money back from this dumpster fire?

Kyleran said:
    Yeah, there was one disappointed backer who picked his settlement based on the old map clearly showing "mountains " while in the new view it appears he may be at best up in some rolling hills.

I think the decrease in self sustainability is a greater concern if confirmed as actually true, or worse intentional and done after the fact.

Yeah saw that one. While I'm within the Hrothi area, I didn't pick for the mountains myself. Many within my duchy did, many picked for the defensive layout of the map. Which has now gone to shit. I personally can't stand to look at that map. 

I agree there, SBS needs to comment if this sustainability is a bug or not. They have been very quiet on the whole thing. Which is very worrying.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Torrsk said:
    <snip>
    I agree there, SBS needs to comment if this sustainability is a bug or not. They have been very quiet on the whole thing. Which is very worrying.

At this point, is silence really more worrying than SBS saying something?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DiscordsOfElyriaDiscordsOfElyria Newbie CommonPosts: 8
    imaginary game is imaginary
    No, we are in pre-alpha right now. There is no release date for neither beta nor alpha. Given the track record of the studio, they can't help but being over optimistic on release dates... so I think it is the right move not to make their own estimate public.
    Mendel said:
    Torrsk said:
    <snip>

At this point, is silence really more worrying than SBS saying something?

Probably not. I doubt I would believe anything they say either. Yet they have said nothing anywhere on the matter. Unless it's only to the loyal discord followers.