Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NZXT C850 Modular 850w Power Supply Impressions

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited March 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageNZXT C850 Modular 850w Power Supply Impressions

For those that need ever-increasing supplies of power in their PC, 850 watts and above are the go-to. NZXT is rising to meet the needs with the new C850, a modular 850w PSU at a price point that’s hard to beat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 23,293
    And most importantly, it's actually made by Seasonic, and probably a rebranded Focus GX unit.

https://www.nzxt.com/news/145

Also, a typo: I think you mean +5V, not +6V.
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 644

Quizzical said:

And most importantly, it's actually made by Seasonic, and probably a rebranded Focus GX unit.

https://www.nzxt.com/news/145

Also, a typo: I think you mean +5V, not +6V.

Thanks for catching that! Fixed :-)
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I've been building PC's by hand since I was 13 years old and my father was a part time Gateway partner in the early 90's.

A couple of things I learned the hard way about building your own machines are:

1 - Never cheap out on the power supply.  

2 - Never cheap out on the motherboard.

That doesn't mean you have to spend thousands on either one, but I've also learned to steer far clear of the budget brands of either component.

A good power supply could last you more than a decade.  I know. I bought the re-branded 700 Watt Seasonic sitting in my machine right now back in 2010.  Literally every single component around the power supply has been changed out more than once, but that thing is still kicking and still tests out great.

Now a motherboard won't last you nearly as long because the douche canoe manufacturers of CPU's like to arbitrarily and randomly change the pin sets on their CPU's every couple of generations because the mobo manufacturers give them kickbacks to make sure that you have to buy a new mobo every time you upgrade your CPU.   

Buuuut, that being said, you still don't want to cheap out on the component that literally everything else in your computer attaches to.  I've seen a shitty motherboard fail and take out multiple other components with it on it's way down... with my own eyes.

Now back to the point.  A re-branded Seasonic, fully modular, 850 Watt PSU for $129?  Yeah, i'd put this PSU in my machine in a combat heartbeat.  No questions asked.
    Tuor7