Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm the bad guy, but

2»

Comments

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Sovrath said:

An entire paragraph of guessing....... Isn't it amazing how we know nothing at all about this game. 

- a HUGE news letter
    - countless hours of video podcast
    - countless hours of video group play
    - 6 years of development
    - millions spent on donations
    - many groupies that watch and read everything that comes out of Visionary Realms 

Problem is potential customers are not allowed to sit in it, start it or look under the hood..... Infact customers have to stand twenty feet away and will only get the most basic questions answered.

Want to buy it ?

It's not a lobby game, they've already said that.
    Instances are, as far as we know, by group.

You can sit in it, if you wanted you could give a chunk of money and be a play tester. I wouldn't advise that unless you have money to burn.

Just pay attention to the monthly videos.

Here's one.

Ha..... think about what you typed:

First, It's not a lobby game, they already said that.
    Second, instances are, as far as we know, by group.

So you even stated it's NOT a lobby game, BUT IT'S A LOBBY GAME.

Explain what you just said because I cannot understand what the hell you are on about.

Do you know what is a lobby game?
    And if you do, would you mind explaining it to us, just so we know we are on the same page?
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    TEKK3N said:
    Sovrath said:

An entire paragraph of guessing....... Isn't it amazing how we know nothing at all about this game. 

- a HUGE news letter
    - 6 years of development
    - many groupies that watch and read everything that comes out of Visionary Realms 

Problem is potential customers are not allowed to sit in it, start it or look under the hood..... Infact customers have to stand twenty feet away and will only get the most basic questions answered.

Want to buy it ?

You can sit in it, if you wanted you could give a chunk of money and be a play tester. I wouldn't advise that unless you have money to burn.

Here's one.

Explain what you just said because I cannot understand what the hell you are on about.

And if you do, would you mind explaining it to us, just so we know we are on the same page?
    lob·by
    /ˈläbē/
    noun
    1. 1.
      a room providing a space out of which one or more other rooms or corridors lead, typically one near the entrance of a public building.

I assume there is a lobby somewhere in the game, he seems very convinced there is one. With the multiple cities i'd be willing to bet that some of the public buildings have lobbies. Will have to ask in the next Q&A.
    Sovrath
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    TEKK3N said:
    Sovrath said:

- a HUGE news letter
    - 6 years of development

Want to buy it ?

Here's one.

Well, I've always known lobby games as players logging into a screen, picking options from that screen and then joining together.

Not meeting in the world and then entering a dungeon that is instanced to them.

botrytis
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      TBO its fairly entertaining to watch the same people get trolled by the OP over and over again ..
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Scorchien said:
      TBO its fairly entertaining to watch the same people get trolled by the OP over and over again ..
    It is like trying to build a interpreter for your dog, or asking your house plant for answers. It isn't going to happen, or you will just get jibberish in return.  He is almost to the point that, you would have to think he is getting paid, otherwise who would waste the time on stuff they dislike.  I think he is now above that mmoexposed guy for me, as a waste to read their posts.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Sovrath said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Sovrath said:

- a HUGE news letter
    - 6 years of development

Want to buy it ?

Here's one.

Well, I've always known lobby games as players logging into a screen, picking options from that screen and then joining together.

Not meeting in the world and then entering a dungeon that is instanced to them.

Yes, like the first Diablo....Although porting dungeon/instance finders for most content kind of tries to make a game become that, still wouldn't call the game that, due to it being a option.
  • Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Scorchien said:

I just come by when I am bored and post something to see what kind of off the wall response I will get from him. I know he will never read the information available on the game or even just the FAQ on the web site.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    The FAQ on the official forums is literally too long to paste here. There's tons and tons of information in text and video form. I feel like I hardly have any questions left about the game except when can I play it?
    Kyleran
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    edited March 2020
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:

- a HUGE news letter
    - 6 years of development

Want to buy it ?

Here's one.

I'm actually going to watch this one. 

Edit: so I made about 3/4 of the way through before stopping.

I enjoyed the in game footage showing off a couple different areas, the Codex demo / explanation and seeing the four of them fighting together. 

I did not care for the in depth description of how their concept art was turned into the in game result but that's just me, I don't care to know how movies do their magic or how sausage is made.  :#

But the "idiot" in the knit hat, Cohh? I wanted to scream while he slowly read the quest text out loud.  Even the devs decided to shut him down when he continued to narrate the next quest line. 

Thanks for sharing, but their repeated qualifiers about the game being a pre alpha and in heavy development makes me think another 3 or more years until release might not be an unreasonable expectation.

Miles to go before they sleep. Cheers.

Initial snarky reply follows. 

Hopefully its going to be chock full with in game footage of the many great systems they've been talking about for so many years and not just a lot of "grup" blah speak.

I think the children in this clip well reflect how I feel about the nearly endless talking most of these indie ventures do instead of actually showing us their progress.

:D 
    Ahh Children in a SF series, always a good way of knowing that "something was wrong" in the society. Today though in ours that would be difficult for any interstellar visitors as ours are never seen outside. In my dads day when the population was smaller there were more kids on the street than in my "TV generation" day, today the internet generation has no use for being outside. :)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited March 2020
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:

Ahh Children in a SF series, always a good way of knowing that "something was wrong" in the society. Today though in ours that would be difficult for any interstellar visitors as ours are never seen outside. In my dads day when the population was smaller there were more kids on the street than in my "TV generation" day, today the internet generation has no use for being outside. :)
    Funny thing. People think because I have three children I must like children....not in my sci-fi.  :#

If I were in Kirk's shoes, those little bastards would have been left behind to burn.

Boxie and his stupid robot dog, Daget, handed over to the Cylons.

Will Robinson from the original Lost in Space, left behind on some remote planet, though Penny would have been a keeper.  :D I think Dr. Smith used Will as a human shield or sacrifice once or twice, smart moves in my book.

I don't mind the kid playing Will in the new series,  I think because they don't portray him as "cute" and he's a bit flawed at times.

In fact, I dislike "cute" in Sci Fi in general, probably one reason I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars because they always have to include the "cute factor."

"Baby "Yoda? Handed over to the former Empire Goons and long since dissected while I was busy target practicing with my new mini rockets on some of the local urchins roaming the streets.

Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BravnikBravnik Member UncommonPosts: 158
    edited March 2020
    Vaporware! Brad is at it again. After 6 years it's obvious that this game will NEVER see the light and if it does it will be a hot mess designed to get your money up front and then bail. Brad has a LOOOOONG history of screwing over his own people and the players both. He knows this is his last chance so he will milk it for all the cash he can and then run.....watch and see. It will NOT be released in 2020. You will be lucky to see it by 2025.

If this game makes the light of day and is actually good, I will be shocked. I will happily say I was wrong but I doubt that will ever happen.

Don't hold your breath, don't expect anything but failure, expect a broken game with no end game if it does make the light.

6 Years people. I have NO FAITH in Brad. None, nadda, zilch and anyone burned by him in the past does not as well.

Giving money to this game is like handing money to the meth head panhandling on the corner.
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Bravnik said:
    Vaporware! Brad is at it again.

Should I tell him?  Does someone else want to tell him?
    Kylerancheyanedelete5230Xthos
    moshra said:
    Bravnik said:

Oh I'm not up on the latest news with this. So by all means tell me.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I was thinking too he does not know.
    Chamber of Chains
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Bravnik said:
    moshra said:
    Bravnik said:

Oh, he dead.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited March 2020
    Bravnik said:
    moshra said:
    Bravnik said:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/11/everquest-lead-producer-and-designer-brad-mcquaid-has-passed-away/

I'm told the service was nice.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Might want to dial back your venom, Brad is no longer at the helm.
    Chamber of Chains
    moshra said:
    Bravnik said:
    moshra said:
    Bravnik said:

Oh, he dead.

Oh didn't realize that. Who is in charge now. Please don't tell me anyone associated with SOE currently or in the past?

TwoTubes
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Kyleran said:
    Just for you @delete5230, how I imagine your thinking in these threads.

Wait, I thought he didn't do anything wrong in that movie. *cough*
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Bravnik said:
    moshra said:
    Bravnik said:
    moshra said:
    Bravnik said:

Oh, he dead.

Oh didn't realize that. Who is in charge now. Please don't tell me anyone associated with SOE currently or in the past?

You’re safe, Smedley will do a good job. 
    NorseGodKyleran
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Kyleran said:

I think the children in this clip well reflect how I feel about the nearly endless talking most of these indie ventures do instead of actually showing us their progress.

:D 

I just realized the older kid is in the Movie Scrooged as a homeless person and he's also in the Rutger Hauer movie (not a great movie) Split Second!

I think with crowd funded games they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If this wasn't a crowd funded game they would just work on it and the hype it and release it.

But because they need to let people know their progress they need to talk about "something."

Yet, not every moment in a creative endeavor is exciting. Sometimes it's just trenches work.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo