Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Character Models

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
Here are the new character models from Pantheon. What do you all think ?

Skar 

Dark Myr 

Archai 

Comments

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Look good except the female archai which I don't like
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Timukas said:
    Wish they'd concentrate more on content and get to the proper alpha stage already.
    Agreed. The character artist needs to start coding that stuff ASAP. 
    [Deleted User]Amathemoshrasvann
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    It never ceases to amuse me how lizard people, the females have boobs, but their species does not breast feed.

MendelAmatheSovrathsvann
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    My 8 year old granddaughter could draw just as good. 

Work on the game already.

Show us a town or a city, whats solo like, how do you move across zones to get with your group.  Infact how do like minded people get together to make up groups ?

Nothing at all against the OP, but it's sad when this type of crap is an update.
    [Deleted User]
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    DMKano said:

Show us a town or a city, whats solo like, how do you move across zones to get with your group.  Infact how do like minded people get together to make up groups ?

Nothing at all against the OP, but it's sad when this type of crap is an update.

Umm is it not possible for character artists to do art assets, while game designers are doing their job at the same time?

Do you think that only one team is allowed to work while all the other teams wait their turn... lol

Also your granddaughter sounds very talented.
    It seems one team is drawing pictures while another is doing nothing.
  • TanistTanist Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Well, it seems they have their priorities straight. /sarc
    DMKano said:

Umm is it not possible for character artists to do art assets, while game designers are doing their job at the same time?

Do you think that only one team is allowed to work while all the other teams wait their turn... lol

I think that when you have a limited budget, are a niche focused game, your time (money) is better spent on content and game play, I mean... especially considering the original premise of this game was "content is king".

I would rather have a game with solid game play and a larger amount of content at release than to have pretty visuals, but it appears VR thinks otherwise as they have spent an enormous amount of time on graphic development iterations.

Now your point is valid IF they release a game with a large amount of content and game play, feature complete. Somehow I doubt that will be the case as we will see it released with a small amount of content and still numerous game play elements lacking (ie pushed back for later release).

A company that puts graphics above their game play is not a company that I think has my best interest as a gamer.
    delete5230[Deleted User]
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

Town or city: they have revealed Thronefast in all its grey box glory

Solo: see half the time someone wanders into a pathing mob on stream.  2 min to group battle a trash mob means itll be unsoloable if you cant root and dot or snare and nuke. 

Travel between zones: Jopa can't  answer that...yet...but he will definately ham it up for the camera and wiggle his eyebrows at the question.

Find groups: they've said in a stream itll be spamming lfg in chat channels.

I want to have some shred of faith left in this game,  but I know that their lack of willingness to give concrete answers to the simplest questions will leave a lot of expectations unmet and most of the population will leave within 6 month of launch due to it not matching THEIR view on how it should have turned out. 

I dont think the devs have enough actual things planned out yet enough to know which way they're facing at this point and are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks...you know, the planning stage before fund raising most of the time.
    delete5230
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
    Timukas said:
    Timukas said:
    Wish they'd concentrate more on content and get to the proper alpha stage already.

I did not mean that he or they should start coding but was talking about resource management. Imho the visuals should be least of their concern currently. I'm not dissing this game or its development, on the contrary - Pantheon is the one and only mmorpg that I'm currently interested in. Entering alpha would most certainly generate some much needed cash flow and that helps to make this game happen.
    And what resources should the character artist be working on?
    [Deleted User]
    The number of people who think a character artist working on new models somehow takes away from the rest of the teams ability to build the game baffles me. 
    AmatheUngood
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited March 2020
    We are all agreed that this company has limited resources. To keep themselves relevant and to continue getting money for the game they have to put out information about the game. Granted it is not information you want but may be the stuff like combat , new areas or content is simply unavailable or in a state that will do more damage than good to release information on. So the art guys who cannot do the other stuff other people are doing have done their part and releasing their creations is what they have done.

You guys are on their heels like some dogs harrying their heels isn't going to make things come out faster and honestly what constructive input have you guys given. What do you expect a company on limited resources to do when all they have to show is this? Will you be happy when the developers decide to give up? Is this what all this constant criticism is encouraging them to do ? Haven't you got any patience instead of constantly belittling whatever work they have managed to do. 

If you are true fans of Everquest and want this game to succeed have some goddam patience and let them proceed at their own pace.
    AmatheKylerancheyane

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    There is such a  thing as constructive criticism and then there is badgering. 
    Amathe
    Chamber of Chains
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Ungood said:
    It never ceases to amuse me how lizard people, the females have boobs, but their species does not breast feed.

Female reptiles with boobs justifies the money spent on a boob slider.

The various forms look decent, but the skins all look they've been subjected to numerous tattoos already.  That's an aesthetic I don't like and don't want representing my character.

Ungood

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

edited March 2020
    DMKano said:
    Tanist said:
    DMKano said:

I think that when you have a limited budget, are a niche focused game, your time (money) is better spent on content and game play, I mean... especially considering the original premise of this game was "content is king".

I would rather have a game with solid game play and a larger amount of content at release than to have pretty visuals, but it appears VR thinks otherwise as they have spent an enormous amount of time on graphic development iterations.

Now your point is valid IF they release a game with a large amount of content and game play, feature complete. Somehow I doubt that will be the case as we will see it released with a small amount of content and still numerous game play elements lacking (ie pushed back for later release).

A company that puts graphics above their game play is not a company that I think has my best interest as a gamer.

You are concluding that showing new character models means they are putting graphics above gameplay.

The content creators and character graphics artists can work simultaneously - they are working on gameplay and content, art, zone builds etc... at the same time.

No, I am making my comments based on their design actions over the course of the years. They have spent an enormous amount of time doing numerous iterations on graphics while game play and content was lacking. Their lack of content isn't a secret, and their comments about some game play elements, classes, and content would not be released in the first release.

As the other poster mentioned, this is about resources and they have limited resources. The money they spend on talent for graphics, is money not spent on content and game play creation.

Like I said though, you may be correct, but this would mean they have all the funding to produce a large amount of content and game play design. If they release with this lacking, my point will stand.

I really think they are putting far too much attention into graphics. It isn't what this game was about.
    delete5230
  • DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Timukas said:
    Timukas said:

I did not mean that he or they should start coding but was talking about resource management. Imho the visuals should be least of their concern currently. I'm not dissing this game or its development, on the contrary - Pantheon is the one and only mmorpg that I'm currently interested in. Entering alpha would most certainly generate some much needed cash flow and that helps to make this game happen.

Oh yeah, because releasing content with shit visuals/placeholders like CoE has been doing works so much better to please the neverending whiny population of gamers that can't comprehend the first thing about game designing.
    moshraKyleran
    Tanist said:
    DMKano said:
    Tanist said:
    DMKano said:

You are concluding that showing new character models means they are putting graphics above gameplay.

The content creators and character graphics artists can work simultaneously - they are working on gameplay and content, art, zone builds etc... at the same time.

No, I am making my comments based on their design actions over the course of the years. They have spent an enormous amount of time doing numerous iterations on graphics while game play and content was lacking. Their lack of content isn't a secret, and their comments about some game play elements, classes, and content would not be released in the first release.

As the other poster mentioned, this is about resources and they have limited resources. The money they spend on talent for graphics, is money not spent on content and game play creation.

Like I said though, you may be correct, but this would mean they have all the funding to produce a large amount of content and game play design. If they release with this lacking, my point will stand.

I really think they are putting far too much attention into graphics. It isn't what this game was about.
    They could release with good graphics and poor game play. They could release with very little content. That does not translate in any way to "putting too much attention to graphics". This is the part you are not understanding. For some reason you think that because someone is working on improving the look of the game that it somehow interferes with everything else. That is not how things work.

Are you suggesting they fire their artist because they're churning out graphics too fast for the development of the game?
    edited March 2020
    Timukas said:
    Timukas said:

Oh yeah, because releasing content with shit visuals/placeholders like CoE has been doing works so much better to please the neverending whiny population of gamers that can't comprehend the first thing about game designing.

Which falls back to what I have been saying about Pantheon, is that it is now a "mainstream" game being designed for the mainstream crowd.

A good game with poor visuals is still a good game, but no amount of visuals will turn a garbage game into a good one.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Timukas said:
    I bet he's on Codemy right now trying to keep his job!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sadly they look to all be using the same mesh,same model.Maybe someone should ask them?

To above poster,i hear you for sure,shadows i often turn off for better performance but if frames are really good i'll keep them on.Fauna pretty much always looks fake anyhow but yeah it gives the world a bit of a realistic look,better than just rocks or sand.

My bigger peeve is lanes and why i can't stand dungeon gaming,i want to be in open areas.
    No question what so ever,i need a really good game,not same old not EQ2.5,i need Pantheon to stand on it's own two feet and immerse me long term.I am not like other superficial rpg players,i don't join to race through and say i beat end game and make speed run videos,i actually want to play the game and be immersed in the world.

That is one big mistake all these games do is make it a race to end game.MMORPG's should have sideways progression,give REASONS to level numbers,reason for being in the world other than to race through levels.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Character models look good to me. I'm glad they shared them.

It kills me that VR can show absolutely anything and some people will complain "Whaaaaaa. Work on the GAAAAAME."  
    dragonlee66Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2020
    Responding to a few other comments i read in here....

The entire team would be working in sync,they are not making textures and meshes just because they want to make something,look busy.They will have a map/zone/scene in mind and will be making assets for that area,as well music,sounds,lighting,triggers etc etc.

Every team will be working together to bring a scene to life,they are not all off on their own doing whatever they want to do.Even voice acting,they will be doing voice overs for a particular npc and not just doing voice overs because they think it is a cool thing to do lol.

Firing employees?lmao i don't know a single thing about any of their teams,i have no idea who is doing what,who is making initial decisions who decides what makes the cut and doesn't.I don't even see a game to properly critique yet,it is all guess work right now,same for everyone else making comments.

However just on a hunch,my gut is telling me that "Defend The Night" might  very well be a better successor to the old school than Pantheon will be.I hope  i am wrong,i hope i have choice,the dilemma of picking from 2-3 great games is a good problem to have.

My honest opinion,FFXI mobile will easily be better than either DFTN or Panth ,however both Nexon and being a mobile game will likely botch that up.SO my gut right now says that in a year or so i may be playing DFTN.Or....who knows maybe Lucimia ends up being my game,i wouldn't write that one off yet.For us  mmorpg gamers we have a few choices over the next few years and that is a bazillion times better than seeing even one more ARPG.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    DMKano said:
    Ungood said:

It's all done to please the target audience - dudes

I am shocked they dont put boobs on trees, flowers, rocks, horses etc...

As far as models go - I love the way Skar faces look - like a tribute to Oderus Urungus (RIP Dave Beckie)

All Hail GWAR! 

Anyway.. for Delete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYBSoxERksg
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.