Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What’s Your Biggest MMO Shame?

13»

Comments

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    I purchased and played The Sims Online...
    ultimateduckUngood
  • nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

xD_Gaming said:

I botted and bought gold in Lineage 2 :( I was working 12 hour nights at the time and was losing valuable game time <.< for that , I have Shame :| </div>

Look at all of your dishonor.....SHAME!!!!
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Enjoying Aika Online back in the day. It's a game that pretty much defies all of my MMO opinions and hits all of my pet peeves.

Pay to win. Very.

Grindy. Very.

Immersion breaking jailbait Korean artstyle? Yep.

Open world PvP? Oh yeah.

But my god, the Realm vs Realm and guild politics were good back then.
    sunnyortego
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I mis Legend of Mir 2! - left it for Lineage 1- and for that I am sorry.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• eaggieaggi Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I bought Matrix Online.

Keep it simple.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

I play project entropia. 

I made $1300 playing Entropia off and on over 3 years. When it started I bought like $200 worth of stuff. Played it here and there over 3 years then decided I was not playing so sold all my stuff and cashed out. My $200 investment sold for $1500. Was shocked and thought I would never see that money. Three days later the money was in my bank account.
    Aeander
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Telling 3 goonsquad folks several years ago in Eve, after they killed my miner in high security zone that they were nothing more then pimple faced 13 year olds who could not get dates. They hounded me for a month till I finally quit Eve for good.
    Ridelynn
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    " Invested " $500 in The Repopulation Kickstarter
    " Invested " $1000 in Star Citizen Kickstarter

• DivionDivion Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Heh... this topic will hurt me,

I have a long list of games stretching back to the 90s that i'm sure i can find fault but my biggest is more recent.

My biggest shame was BDO. I started it in Alpha, created a very successful guild, become something of a pillar of my self-founded community, and couldn't keep my real life out of it. I ended up involved in some drama that often spilled into real life. I ended up banging one of my guildies (she was pretty hot though ;) -- I dropped over 3,000$ in the cash shop; the game's RNG made it so, no matter how much effort or time i put into it i never had more than "meh" gear. I don't think i ever really did enjoy it, but for 4 years i pretended to enjoy it for the sake of the community that brought me nothing but drama, hurt feelings, and when i finally realized that i deleted it. All of it, the guild, the discord which was 4 years old with hundreds of members, etc. All gone after a couple clicks. It was the right call, i felt liberated, now i have a GF, a real social life, i feel healthier but when i look back at these last 4 years i'm full of shame that i didn't punch out earlier when it started becoming too personal, and for what? A shitty game designed to play like a vegas slot machine. A strange life lesson.
    Ungood

• sunnyortegosunnyortego Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited March 2020
    Aeander said:
    Enjoying Aika Online back in the day. It's a game that pretty much defies all of my MMO opinions and hits all of my pet peeves.

Pay to win. Very.

Grindy. Very.

Open world PvP? Oh yeah.

I still have the gm signed poster from a trivia contest during that game on my wall..it was fun at release.

Ungood
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Aeander said:

Pay to win. Very.

Grindy. Very.

Open world PvP? Oh yeah.

I still have the gm signed poster from a trivia contest during that game on my wall..it was fun at release.

It was the first major update (the one that added advanced classes) that made me stop playing. The ridiculous xp gap from 50 to 51 (promotion level) with no quests just killed it for me.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    lotrlore said:
    Utinni said:

Amathe said:

He dropped a piece of his shell that you turned in with gold to an otter person for a back piece. GET IT RIGHT NERD
    All this is missing is the requisite, "Um, actually - "

Ungood
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Cant say I feel shame about anything in my MMORPG history to be honest.

I have plenty of regrets, but not shame. The main thing I regret is not keeping in touch with my guild mates after I stopped playing MMOs. After being guild leader for many years, I had developed some really close friends and I loved gaming with them. Also used to meet up yearly for a boozey night. But, when I left MMOs, that lack of daily contact meant we drifted apart pretty quickly.
    Ungood