Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE Moderator Team.

Over the years I have been part of many Mmorpg projects, I have witnessed many different types of madorators team but the one in CoE is absolutely the worst. I am of the opinion that a moderator Manager like Serpentius should be like a impartial Judge that should help the Community to connect with the Devs.  Someone that will help you fit in and not feel excluded. Soneone that will relax atmosphere in the forum and discord.
Mr Serpentius is doing right the opposite. Is putting one entire kingdom under the spotlight with false and unjust accusations. Eraseing post that would show what he is doing to the Ceo Mr Walsh. All ygr rest of the CoE Team is doing the best as they can to build a everlasting Mmorpg or Meow and Mr Serpentius is doing the opposite create tension in both Forum and Discord. 

Comments

• DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    They know they’re at a point where they’re living on hope alone. Culling the herd from skeptics and non-believers, who just don’t deem it wise to spend money for wishful-thinking reasons and might even convince others to stop funding, does make sense from their perspective.

And that’s what’s Serp been doing rather successfully and if the rest of the team, especially Casp, wouldn’t be endorsing this perversion of community building, he would have lost his position a long time ago.  
  • ConcernedPledgerConcernedPledger Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Deveron said:
    They know they’re at a point where they’re living on hope alone. Culling the herd from skeptics and non-believers, who just don’t deem it wise to spend money for wishful-thinking reasons and might even convince others to stop funding, does make sense from their perspective.

And that’s what’s Serp been doing rather successfully and if the rest of the team, especially Casp, wouldn’t be endorsing this perversion of community building, he would have lost his position a long time ago.  
    Amen !

If Caspian and the team didn't know about how an awful CM he is, they would be considered completely retarded. And then the problem would be another one.

COE has posted nothing worth watching for the past 2 years. If ever... They must have a dog like him keeping anyone from expressing any logical thought such as: Why? When can we see progress? Why is the map still not working? Where is alpha? What the fuck are you guys doing all day? Why is there not even a video of programmers working? Is there anyone really working at SBS? Is SBS a real company?

The people who liked a post asking for why CM was doing such a bad job have all been banned and contacted personally by Serpentius. What a shame. 
    BlackpippinDeveron
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited February 2020
    I once had to play the "blocker" role, stalling customers, denying their requests, ignoring or delaying responses to their direct queries as the answers weren't ones which would make them happy. 

At the time higher priority work meant they were only going to get what was escalated above me, and very often not even then.

It was a shitty job and a no win position for me.  The stakeholders grew to hate me as I had gone from being an accommodating partner to becoming "Mr. No" and I wasn't permitted to truthfully tell them how bad the situation really was or how unlikely their request would be met.

Worse, every escalation around me was viewed as a failure on my part and held against me in my annual reviews despite the fact senior management frequently caved when facing the angry wrath of senior business Execs. 

Business partners of course slagged me in their "Satisfaction" surveys and it all lead to my actually having a stress related breakdown which took me over a year to (mostly) recover from.

So I don't envy Serps job at SBS, nor hold his actions really against him. He's battling to keep his job by working on the game while keeping the barbarians at the gate at bay, no small task I assure you.

Not everyone can handle the Kobayashi Maru scenario with the same grace and aplomb (or cleverness) as Captain James T. Kirk.

;)

BabuinixJensynbcbullyUngood[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Deveron said:

A cult always closes the compound and expels the disbelievers before they pass out the amazing, magical Kool-Aid.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    There's just not enough popcorn for the drama this game brings.
    AmatheUngoodanemo
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    OP you are talking about a developer whom from day 1 tried to lie,deceive us.

So why would anyone TRY to make sense of a moderator or anyone working for that dev team?

usually if common sense is shown,nobody questions it so yeah just forget this developer as a con artist.Why would anyone even be following this game or wannabe game anymore,go out and find a finished game,lot's to choose from,albeit not a lot of good ones but lot's nonetheless.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Must be depressing knowing your project is festering cancer disguised as a MMO

LOL
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    OrangeBoy said:

LOL
    Not really.
    His bank account is quite healthy.
    That’s all it counts.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    OrangeBoy said:

LOL
    I think it’s more depressing seeing people let him use the Jedi Mindtrick on them and make them forget every unfulfilled promise because he dangled a new carrot in front of them.  See every single State of Elyria post for examples.
    RenGinGin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Bit hard to report the trolls when the one you report the trolls to is the troll.
    Slapshot1188

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    OrangeBoy said:

LOL
    I think it’s more depressing seeing people let him use the Jedi Mindtrick on them and make them forget every unfulfilled promise because he dangled a new carrot in front of them.  See every single State of Elyria post for examples.
    Carrot in front of them? This is the tip of the Iceberg, CoE followers have seen nothing yet. Wait until the KSV comes along in a few months from now, filled with new stretch goals and items in the cash shop for the team to work on. Last year it was adventure islands and underground minerals, wonder what this year will be? Also lets wait until Caspian announces a publisher or partner and lets see what new game modes and additions will be added to this project. 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532

The people who liked a post asking for why CM was doing such a bad job have all been banned and contacted personally by Serpentius. What a shame. 
    I am sure Caspian not shedding any tears for the people that got banned for claiming that he sucks and is doing a bad job.

Just saying.
    Amathe
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Rhoklaw said:

The moment they told me that I need to sell the service plan, as in berate customers into buying it, I said my goodbyes. 
    You have my respect.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Maybe Casper and Serpentis are the same person?
    Perish the thought...
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    TEKK3N said:
    Maybe Casper and Serpentis are the same person?
    Perish the thought...
    No, that I can assure you. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Kyleran said:
    I once had to play the "blocker" role, stalling customers, denying their requests, ignoring or delaying responses to their direct queries as the answers weren't ones which would make them happy. 
    But were you rude to your customers? Or just lying to them?

Serpentius whole attitude seemed to have changed sometime last year. Before he was just about hunting the real trolls/overly toxic people. Now he mutes/bans anyone that dares say anything negative. While generally trolling the trolls and sometimes just trolling people that have honest concerns. Even seen him been rude to new people. He then holds a grudge and attacks anyone that has done him "wrong" before. The guy seems to be on a massive power trip and seems to be loving it. 
  • DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Germans have a word for it: Blockwartmentalität.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Torrsk said:
    Kyleran said:
    But were you rude to your customers? Or just lying to them?

Serpentius whole attitude seemed to have changed sometime last year. Before he was just about hunting the real trolls/overly toxic people. Now he mutes/bans anyone that dares say anything negative. While generally trolling the trolls and sometimes just trolling people that have honest concerns. Even seen him been rude to new people. He then holds a grudge and attacks anyone that has done him "wrong" before. The guy seems to be on a massive power trip and seems to be loving it. 
    Not rude, not really lying either, more like avoiding/ ignoring their questions when I had no definitive answer, stalling for time as it were.

As for Serps attitude I think I can see where the pressure is really getting to him but perhaps if they can start delivering he'll be able to relax some.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon