Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of Elyria 2020 Preview:

2»

Comments

• DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Because the „systems” weren’t and aren’t up for testing. 

Otherwise, we’d have started testing a long time ago with the MUD or VoxElyria. Or now with the low poly client. It would have been the one thing that would instantly shut nearly all criticism down, but instead of that, we may get an instanced, offline locomotion demo, still lacking every other marketed feature.

You don’t do that and take the unavoidable hit, because you want to protect everything else you got. You’ll only do that if you must show something and that’s the only thing you’ve got slightly resembling one of the game’s mechanics. Not to forget that one ain’t out yet either and movement online will be an entirely different beast to boot, making this demo rather pointless from a testing perspective anyways.

But it may drive sales a bit. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,016
    Deveron said:

But it may drive sales a bit. 
    I suspect they are trying to ready this parkour test to coincide with the relaunch of the Settlers of Elyria which would very likely boost sales quite a bit.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon