Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watch Almost 1 7 Minutes of Magic: Legends Beastcaller Gameplay

2»

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Yeh- This is a hard pass for me as well.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

Pre-alpha people.... pre-alpha.

It is so pre-alpha that it will be released this year

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited March 2020
    Gorwe said:
    Nyctelios said:
    They could made a game where the known planeswalkers could show up as NPCs or camoes, make you able to create your very own (City of heroes style) and yet it would still be cannon.

Yet... they took the lazy route.
    That's nothing new for Wizards though and sometimes I think it's better if they stick to the known ; otherwise 4th Edition happens. Because they really suck at the whole change thing.
    Nyctelios, I too was expecting something similar, after the very first announcement (which was about a MtG MMORPG by Cryptic), a usual Cryptic game with zones instead of a seamless open world, sticking to the lore, notable characters as NPCs, and an authentic MtG experience (since the foundations are already there, the DOff system is pretty much deck building and trading, Neverwinter had the Sword Coast minigame which was also a "card equivalent" collecting/building).

Gorwe, 4th ed. is actually a good example. That too was disliked by a lot of actual players, while on the other hand it paved the road to Neverwinter which is quite popular - among a different audience, since it aimed at the action MMORPG players.
    I doubt too many of them will ever try actual tabletop D&D... but they still make money for WotC.

Similarly, this Legends might reach the wallets of players, who (just look at the comments) have never played MtG, maybe even hate card games on general, but like diablo.
    And if the MtG fans will ignore it, or angry about it, so what? WotC know those players will still buy cards and play both digital and offline...
    It's a cynical approach, I don't like it, but it's kinda practical from their POV.

ed: at least they aren't the only one after money... Marvel, on PAX https://youtu.be/3woPXLn9obE 
    the revolution, the future! Can play hordes of Spider-men and Captains together like in Heroes, but now backed up with the story, yay.
    Fineprint: the revolution and future is on mobile.  Lol.
    Post edited by Po_gg on
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Nasa said:

Pre-alpha people.... pre-alpha.

It is so pre-alpha that it will be released this year

Does that make it any less pre-alpha? Are developers never wrong on their release date?

Like it or not, people are complaining about pre-alpha game footage. Wait until at least early beta tests before crying.