Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streaming Pantheon with cohhcarnage

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
cohhcarnage,
Like him or not, I follow his channel, I know his style.  He overly hypes everything he plays or does.  Yet he doesn't hype Pantheon.  He's trying to keep his reputation and will not endorse or deny this game. 

With an NDA in place, he's brought into the mix to hype.... yet nothing. 
Reason is simple..... "They log him into a strict demo testing area". 

Important:
He know theirs NOT A GAME behind what he is allowed to do.

It's only my opinion,
Based off his normal mannerisms, he doesn't seem to want to be there.  It seems like he's faking it out of respect of Everquest. 

Mannerisms are suggestive.  One can only speculate LIKE ALL OF US for this entire game.

The BIG LET DOWN boils down to this, 
Six years ago they refused to start development until they had a LOT of pledge money. 
This shaved off the first two or more years. 
WANT PROF ?.... look at where the game is now ! 

This game is not built with passion like many assumed. 
-The podcast are weak 
-The new letter is fluff and tells nothing of importance. 
-The game play videos are shallow (6 years).
-The game is not EQ 1.2 but no one knows what it is (6 years)
Post edited by delete5230 on
Tokken[Deleted User]jimmywolfbng28

Comments

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Whatever.

The game looks great, the gameplay is exactly what I wanted/expected, and the development is in a better shape than the majority of current MMOs in development.

VR is doing a great job.
    Tokken
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited March 2020
    TEKK3N said:
    Whatever.

The game looks great, the gameplay is exactly what I wanted/expected, and the development is in a better shape than the majority of current MMOs in development.

VR is doing a great job.
    Two accounts ?.... I was under the impression were only allowed one. 
    So you agree with yourself, How many others do that :)
    Don't worry I'll not say nothing. 

Game play ?...... You mean the testing demo areas they hack themselves and guest into.  I guess their in good shape. 

Important:

He never talks bad about games he endorses.  He just stops playing them.  If you look at his video play list, it's hard pressed to find anything Pantheon. 
    Post edited by delete5230 on
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Recent videos are showing what they are doing.  Would people like it to be further?  Sure.  It is a very small team, and people are probably working for very little and a lot on the side.  That is the nature of the way it is being made.  It is not a AAA studio, where they can throw money/people at things.  They have more or less been working on a lot of systems/design, and now it seems they are starting to work more on areas/quests.

Yes they lost time, that happens, when you don't have money.  You have to find good people that are willing to do things on the terms you can both agree to.

If that guy didn't want to do the streams, I am sure he wouldn't.  No one is putting a gun to his head.  You seem to scream fraudish accusations a lot, or that the sky is falling on everything.  If the state of the game making it to Alpha is the same, you probably have 6-12 months to wait (maybe longer).  They probably need to flesh out 3-4+ more zones, and work on quests.

I think they have been showing a lot of stuff that was not completed, until recently.  Be nice if they found someone willing to throw more money at development, maybe we could cut the rest of the time in half or more.
  • Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    edited March 2020
    cohhcarnage,
    Like him or not, I follow his channel, I know his style.  He overly hypes everything he plays or does.  Yet he doesn't hype Pantheon.  He's trying to keep his reputation and will not endorse or deny this game. 

Important:

It's only my opinion,
    Based off his normal mannerisms, he doesn't seem to want to be there.  It seems like he's faking it out of respect of Everquest. 

Mannerisms are suggestive.  One can only speculate LIKE ALL OF US for this entire game.

Six years ago they refused to start development until they had a LOT of pledge money. 

-The podcast are weak 

Yeah of course it should have been done in 5 years like WoW. It should have had 200+ people working on it and a 100 million+ budget. It didn't so guess we just have wait till it gets done or not done whatever.  If you can't do that then just move on to something else.
    Sovrath
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    edited March 2020
    Mylan12 said:

Yeah of course it should have been done in 5 years like WoW. It should have had 200+ people working on it and a 100 million+ budget. It didn't so guess we just have wait till it gets done or not done whatever.  If you can't do that then just move on to something else.

Try as you might he doesn't understand that. Also, it's bee pointed out many times that they have not been fully working on this, full staff, for 5 years.

Post edited by Sovrath on
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    TEKK3N said:
    Whatever.

VR is doing a great job.
    We don't know what game play is yet.I look for a deep game not just a superficial game with the same old I've played already.

Is this just going to be mostly an instance game where your group hangs out in an instance all day?Yes i know they are going to sort of fake the instance to make it look like open world but why are they constantly showing me dungeons?

I would rather not spend ANY time in a dungeon,i want an open world and i want combat to have several layers,classes to have several layers.
    The only thing i see for certain and thank god is this won't be yet another arpg type combat.I want crafting to be deep,i want mobs to have layers of complexity.

We don't know ANY of this yet so it is a waiting game.I have no problem waiting,i am in no rush to play any game because nothing looks like an edge of your seat anticipation type of game coming out of any studio.

I will say this,it is sad that Brad ended like this,he never got to finish his game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Sovrath said:
    Mylan12 said:
    cohhcarnage,

Important:

It's only my opinion,

-The podcast are weak 

Try as you might he doesn't understand that. Also, it's bee pointed out many times that they have not been fully working on this, full staff, for 5 years.

Yeah I know but I get bored sometimes and do one of these stupid posts.
    Wizardry said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Whatever.

VR is doing a great job.
    We don't know what game play is yet.I look for a deep game not just a superficial game with the same old I've played already.

Is this just going to be mostly an instance game where your group hangs out in an instance all day?Yes i know they are going to sort of fake the instance to make it look like open world but why are they constantly showing me dungeons?

I would rather not spend ANY time in a dungeon,i want an open world and i want combat to have several layers,classes to have several layers.
    The only thing i see for certain and thank god is this won't be yet another arpg type combat.I want crafting to be deep,i want mobs to have layers of complexity.

We don't know ANY of this yet so it is a waiting game.I have no problem waiting,i am in no rush to play any game because nothing looks like an edge of your seat anticipation type of game coming out of any studio.

I will say this,it is sad that Brad ended like this,he never got to finish his game.

You do know the difference between zones and instances right?  The game is going to have zones similar I assume to what EQ1 had. The only instances they mentioned were something to do with quests. I not seen them show any instances in the streams yet but maybe I missed that.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    edited March 2020
    He's one of the most consistent high sub count streamers on twitch for years. Him streaming their game is his endorsement, along with the fact that he's an investor in the game. If he didn't want to tarnish his reputation with this game he wouldn't be doing free streams for the past 2-3 years. He mentioned before the last dev stream that he's even in talks with the studio to have his own server when the game launches.

Calm down deletardry.