Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online Details Performance Update For February

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online Details Performance Update For February

As the dust settles from the new Harrowstorm update to The Elder Scrolls Online, the ZeniMax team has provided an update to the ongoing performance enhancements the team is making to its popular MMO.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    too bad performance updates wont fix your crappy mobile style combat system
    RadooAsmodeuXSlyLoKmmolou
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Did making people redownload the entire game again actually help?
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    I did test this as I still had the game on my HDD. Even though I had to endure the whole download all over again, bravely and patiently I waited for the update.
    My curiosity was soon satisfied after learning that not much changed in term of performance, at least not for my PC and location.

Until they move out of the Funcom era with that garbage combat system and delayed, crappy animations they can keep this game and their frequent updates to it.
    Hyperpsycrow
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I haven't re-DL'd the game and probably won't get around to it for a while but I have to wonder how much of any performance improvements people have noticed is just a function of having a new, clean install.

Good job on cutting down the installed size I guess, but their installation with double disk space requirement and no playability until the whole thing is done is still as primitive as they come. Its like they've never installed a Blizzard game or know nothing about DLing chunks, validating and processing them and then moving on to the next.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    Do i need to but Elswhere expansion and then also buy sub to play the whole game ?
    I only got the summerfest expansion..and soon th eharrow exp to ? so i need to buy for 3 things ?

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874

Do i need to but Elswhere expansion and then also buy sub to play the whole game ?

I only got the summerfest expansion..and soon th eharrow exp to ? so i need to buy for 3 things ?

No you don't have to buy the expansion to play and no you don't have to pay a sub to play if you have already bought the game. I have always bought the most recent expansions so I'm not sure how they lock things, but I do know everything you have bought is playable with no sub.
    I just did some research if you preorder the newest expansion it comes with all the previous ones
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited March 2020
    Abimor said:
    I just did some research if you preorder the newest expansion it comes with all the previous ones
    Does it come with the Necro too? When Morrowind was included with the following chapter they carved out the Warden and you had to buy that separately.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Abimor said:
    Does it come with the Necro too? When Morrowind was included with the following chapter they carved out the Warden and you had to buy that separately.
    That's a good question I'm guessing if you had to buy warden then you have to buy necro I honestly can't tell
    And the loading times are still crap I don't really have any lag but to log a toon out and in is slow when you have 9 guys
    edited March 2020
    In their forums a moderator says if you buy the expansion it comes with the previous chapters and everything they had so it includes the warden and necro mancer they have the most confusing B's who really knows I'm posting from my phone sorry about the crappy english
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Abimor said:

And the loading times are still crap I don't really have any lag but to log a toon out and in is slow when you have 9 guys

Still takes forever to get from the login screen to character select as well.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ragebulletragebullet Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Definitely decreased load screens in zone like from waypoint to waypoint for dolmans or w/e they are called, the initial load from char select is about the same imo. Also the floor actually loads more often than not now in those zones I mentioned previously. just hit lvl 50 and im enjoying my healer :)
    I'm not saying it's a bad game I like it and have fun playing they have some communication issues and there cash shop is crazy I pay a sub and have fun trying to get through summer set now
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    ITs relly too bad the combat is terrible in this game. The games world is vast and amazing the storylines are really good. The combat prevents this game from being #1