Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Admiralty Bonus Event Announced for Star Trek Online

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageAdmiralty Bonus Event Announced for Star Trek Online

The Admiralty Bonus Event has been announced for Star Trek Online.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jmalminjmalmin Member UncommonPosts: 44
    A shame really. They just destroyed my only reason to get new ships in this game. I wont do Admiralty going forward because of the changes they have now made to tour rewards(30k dil rewards). They think they did something smart here. Instead I and allot of other people will take our time and move away from the game and play something else instead. normally I spend about 3 hours a day doing the Admiralty system on about 25 characters. Well I guess I should be grateful since I now get to spend these 3 hours in different games.
    foppotee
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 665
    I was looking at the klingon dilithium, it's now says FLEET dil, yikes.
    foppotee
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 386
    I like Cryptic's goal with the whole attempt at balancing the STO economy because it is hyper-inflated & getting worse which in the end Cryptic controls. Cryptic's approach has been, & is here too, it seems to handicap the casual masses with hope to punish the far fewer elite super-rich & farmers which will just absorb it.

The 30k Ferengi dilithium that you once got immediately after completing a tier 10 in the Admiralty is now a bonus pool voucher so you don't receive anything immediately but have to perform more tasks to gather what you earned (more work).

Even the front-article's quote is incorrect now it seems, the Klingon 50k dilithium fleet voucher has been reduced to 40k. This change isn't an option but a direct change to reduce allowing players to earn dilithium. If this had been introduced as an option that would've helped players in all circumstances.

STO over the last couple of years has had more & more options cancelled out in favor of gambling mechanics & microtransactions & this is just the latest squeeze.
    Zenislav