Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldur's Gate 3 Opening Cinematic

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageBaldur's Gate 3 Opening Cinematic

Larian Studios unveiled the opening cinematic for their forthcoming entry in the legendary Baldur's Gate series, Baldur's Gate 3.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Cool
    RelampagoTokken[Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    sweet!
    AsheramTacticalZombeh

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    It appears that this is an entirely new storyline? I guess they're calling it Baldur's Gate due to the location, not due to the story of BG I and II.

Still, cool trailer.
    KalafaxSinsai
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Shhiiieeeeeeettttt!!!!!!
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Awesome.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    divinity original sin 3, i dont see baldurs gate at all.
    Phixion13
  • GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Wow Stoked. Huge fan of all the old school D&D games. Glad it was Baldurs Gate out of all of them.
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    That was probably one of, or the best, cinematic trailer I've seen in recent memory. Very VERY cool & well done!
    Phixion13
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Holy Squid! I got goosebumps. Loved the cinematic. Was really well done.
    TacticalZombeh

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    lol at the "worst cgi of 2020" comment.

That's really the most exciting cgi I have seen in quite a while. If it was trying to get me pumped for BG3 it did it's job!

Icewind Dale 2 was my first PC game, then BG 2, and I love DOS2, so this looks amazing.
    [Deleted User]GroqstrongTacticalZombeh
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    This just reminded me that I haven't played Divinity OS 1 or 2 despite having both on steam. Tried to play the first one with me wife but we just play too differently. I'll be talking to every NPC in a building and she's off poking/prodding things and getting into trouble. My favorite moment was when we were in a house and we start getting attacked. I asked her "Wtf did you do?" to which she replied "It was just a fucking spoon!"

Good times, though I don't think we would ever get through the game together lol.
    marcjt20
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    edited March 2020
    Tuor7 said:
    It appears that this is an entirely new storyline? I guess they're calling it Baldur's Gate due to the location, not due to the story of BG I and II.

Still, cool trailer.
    WoTC concluded the Bhaalspawn saga by resurrecting Bhaal at the start of 5e via a tabletop campaign about 100 years after BGII ended and BG3 is set after that campaign. It is also set after the Baldur's Gate: Descent to Avernus campaign that released last year.
    The press kit for BG3 mention that the story involves the Dead Three (Bhaal, Myrkul and Bane) as well has a new cult (of the Absolute) and the Mind Flayers.
    Post edited by azarhal on
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Phixion13Ancient_Exile
  • XanzoXanzo Member UncommonPosts: 129

xD_Gaming said:

wasn't feeling it. As some people like myself don't understand the lore, that was a hot mess imho.

Some of the camera pans didn't match up as well. I would have to say this was one of the worst cgi's in 2020 so far.

Even if you knew nothing about BG, that was pretty cool. You have 8 months, make something better.
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    I love dragon fights. Who doesn’t? Cinematic is cool but that’s nothing like the game which is a far step back from modern gaming and technology. We’re looking at a table top D&D game in video game format with top down and click to move which is as backwards as it gets compared to VR and the future of immersive worlds and gaming coming alive
    Not every game needs to be a forward thinking "immersive world." And what does that actually mean since "immersion" means different things to different people?

This is a game. It's very much it's own thing taking some guidance from the original but then adding Larian's own touch.

Just because we are in 2020 doesn't mean that we can't have click to move, top down games. Or new board or card games for that matter.

And while I love the idea of Virtual Reality, I'm one of those people who sadly get nauseous after a bit. Since there are other people who experience the same thing It would probably not bode well for Baldur's Gate fans to go full VR, a niche product at the moment, and leave them behind.
    Ancient_Exile
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    Nyctelios said:
    The only issue that bothers me is they are not using BBA versus AC. Its % to hit or miss, like in Divinity OS.

I mean, the entire game evolves around d20 mechanics... why not use it in battle too?

How does the system determine a character's % chance to hit?
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I was never enough into D&D to know that Mind Flayers had something like space ships. I got a Dragon Riders or Pern meets Independence Day vibe :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED