Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok asking if this Motherboard will hold my CPU

Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251

But i need to know if my i5-3500 somthing like that will fit in this motherboard???

Anyone have any Info???

No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)

Comments

• XodicXodic Member EpicPosts: 1,138
    That motherboard has an 1151 socket, the i5-3500 is an 1155 socket.
    It will not work.
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Xodic said:
    It will not work.

You know a Mobo that will work for that certain CPU....Its and Old CPU for sure

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,127
    You would need a motherboard with an LGA 1155 socket, among other requirements.  For the most part, those are long discontinued and gone, though you can still find a handful of them around, especially if you're willing to buy used.

Though I must ask, why do you want a new motherboard for a CPU that is nearly eight years old?  If your old motherboard died, then it's probably better to get something newer than to pour a bunch of money into such an old machine.
  • XodicXodic Member EpicPosts: 1,138
    Xodic said:
    It will not work.

You know a Mobo that will work for that certain CPU....Its and Old CPU for sure

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-P8Z77-V-LX-Intel-Motherboard/dp/B007MKGF82/

I don't know if you can find an 1155 board that supports DDR4, USB 3.1, or pretty much any features of the board you originally linked. So without considering why you wanted that board specifically, the CPU will fit this one.
    Quizzical said:
    You would need a motherboard with an LGA 1155 socket, among other requirements.  For the most part, those are long discontinued and gone, though you can still find a handful of them around, especially if you're willing to buy used.

Though I must ask, why do you want a new motherboard for a CPU that is nearly eight years old?  If your old motherboard died, then it's probably better to get something newer than to pour a bunch of money into such an old machine.

Cause unfortunatlly i dont have the Funds to Upgrade them both.....I wish i could

Ok I was wrong...Its an Intel Core i5 3570K CPU not a 3500....

Will that fit in the Motherboard????
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,061
    Nope