Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile's Delirium Expansion Is Looking Incredible

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile's Delirium Expansion Is Looking Incredible

Last week, I had the opportunity to speak with Path of Exile Managing Director, Chris Wilson, for nearly an hour about their upcoming expansion, Delirium. Our conversation ranged from the ethos behind the expansion, to new mechanics, the passive tree, and much more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Man.....

Every Time they come around the Corner with new stuff, i shake my Head in a positive way.
    You know what Blizzard? Buy all these Guys/the Studio and let THEM make D4. Combined with your already existing Guys and knowledge, this could be another "WoW" for a Decade then if not even more/longer. Full of stuff we Gamer want from an ARPG and more.

I drag my Hat and /bow deeply in front of these Guys. They "Rock the Genre". Like it or not, but it's true.
    StoneRoses[Deleted User]FolmenkertinmomintimGatsuZerk
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Ilaya said:
    Man.....

Every Time they come around the Corner with new stuff, i shake my Head in a positive way.
    You know what Blizzard? Buy all these Guys/the Studio and let THEM make D4. Combined with your already existing Guys and knowledge, this could be another "WoW" for a Decade then if not even more/longer. Full of stuff we Gamer want from an ARPG and more.

I drag my Hat and /bow deeply in front of these Guys. They "Rock the Genre". Like it or not, but it's true.
    Why would you ruin a good thing with Blizzard? Worst suggestion ever. 
    TEKK3NCelciusTacticalZombehkertinGatsuZerkNyghthowler
  • NexeusSNexeusS Member UncommonPosts: 88
    edited February 2020

Ilaya said:

Man.....

Sorry, mate but the Blizzard we used to love and adore is long gone. The company is no more, just Activision playing as Blizzard. Every good soul that was working in Blizzard left the company mainly because they saw what's coming.

Mike Morhaime, nor Chris Metzen left the company due to "early retirement", and that was complete bullshit to cover their escape with many many others known and unknown souls who where making great games at Blizzard back in the days. The biggest mistake that Blizzard ever did is making contract with Vivendi back in 2008. Since then the company went down hill and as you can see now... they are still falling until absolutely nothing will be left from the company, but the logo.
    [Deleted User]CelciusTacticalZombehkertin
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Playing Grim Dawn right now.
    Great game, but after playing PoE, it looks too limited.
    PoE has so many features and things to do, any other Arpg feels like a step back.
    RukushinCelciusFolmenkertinGatsuZerk
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    To all the "Blizzard is now a F***" Explainers:

I'm an Old Fart and i know the "good times" back then and i know the now F**** Times as it is right now. What i wanted to say with my Post that with buying these guys, they might get back the Old Quality and "Taste" is that makes any Sense to you. Just dreaming here.

Actually i play Wolcen as i like it a Lot as it is, for me, half between PoE and others.
    So all these Studios combined.....Wolcen Guys, PoE Guys....Blizz....man...dreaming...u know?! ;)
    GatsuZerk
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    I love the idea of POE but every time I play it, I realize that I really hate the combat. I don't know if its the animations or what, but I just don't enjoy it. I like all of the skills and passives on paper, but actually playing it is not fun to me.
    [Deleted User]NephethFolmenmomintimGatsuZerkNyghthowler
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited February 2020
    Math of Exile. Imaginary numbers edition.
    Can't wait for it .. the more simplified PoE2. I mean I will still play this expansion and love it like crazy the first 3 weeks and then ragequit because it got too annoying because ... progression stops, one-shot increases to the point where you have negative xp gain, extreme grind starts, meta tradegame takes over, and you realize to take it further you have to reroll to one of the 5 meta builds for that particular league.
    bamwallaFolmenGatsuZerkUtinni
  • oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    edited February 2020
    I'm really looking forward to the reveal of the exclusive keystone passives.
    Also the endgame improvements to Conquerors of the Atlas are a blessing.
    Good stuff from GGG!

There's a reason I keep coming back every league and grind for 1-2 months straight.
    Chris and the entire team at GGG are such an inspiration.

Can't freakin' wait!!
    Rennisa
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Ilaya said:

Man.....

That would ruin PoE, not improve it. Why would you want a game that will likely be objectively superior in every way to D4 be basically shelved in favor of it. That makes no sense. If D4 is good; let it be good on it's own merits and we all benefit. Competition is important, especially in a genre that is still pretty small as ARPGs.
    FolmenIlayaTacticalZombehUtinni
  • StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110
    I think the only real issue with POE is that it's effectively monopolized the ARPG genre much like WOW did from 2004-2010.

Kind of like the slew of MMO's trying to emulate WOW's success, we're starting to see developers attempt the same with POE. Torchlight, Wolcen, D4, etc - the problem is that the bar is set too high. No one can realistically expect to compete with an ARPG that has had almost a decade of content and iteration.

Not GGG's fault by any means and they are by far my favorite studio (over 2k hours in POE), just makes it where there's really only one ARPG worth playing for the forseeable future.
  • RyuushimaRyuushima Member UncommonPosts: 63
    So many fun mechanics, so many good updates.
    The only problems I still have with PoE is that :
    1. The combat just does not feel up to par for me compared to some of the other ARPG's . It's ok but not the main selling point of PoE.

2. Starting over with the same exact story every single season, going through a bunch of acts before getting some variation. Diablo 3 had a lot of issues but Adventure mode was in my personal opinion something that made it so that I played D3 A LOT more than I would have without it.

PoE2 will at least give a 2nd storyline so we can choose but I hope eventually they figure out a better way than just playing the same thing every season.
    Folmenmomintim
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    edited February 2020
    Yea. Plus the fact that the game is not very good if you aren’t playing leagues. Most of my friends don’t reroll often, and frankly these aRPGs aren’t great single player games. I think Diablo is more friendly to people who don’t want to reroll constantly than Path of Exile. Respecting your character is a PITA. The “currency” system is abominable.

If I could at least respec easily, I may have given it more of a chance. But getting through quite a bit of the story only to realize you’re better off rerolling than farming the stuff you need to respec just means the game doesn’t respect my time investment.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited February 2020

Ilaya said:

Man.....

Blizzard is dead! They no longer exist. It's all ActiVision now! Why on earth would you want ActiVision gain control over Path of Exile? Are you crazy! They would instantly ruin the game with aggressive Micro transactions and what not.
  • GatsuZerkGatsuZerk Member UncommonPosts: 137
    More power creep to entertain the zoomers. The game is a cluster fuck these days, period. Used to be a great game, required you to think about your build. Now you can roll your face over the keyboard and be level 90+, one shotting screens.
  • ragebulletragebullet Member UncommonPosts: 55
    My only real gripe with this game...is nearly all the in-game non cosmetic gear is not visually appealing and then u look in the cash shop. It's like they purposely made the free gear look like shit to get people to pay tons of real money. It's not why I quit but did bug me after many leagues. TBH just lost interest of doing the story again.
  • DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212
    The camera is still garbage.