Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria: Wherefore Art Thou? - MMORPG.com

1235»

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    TimEisen said:

Also, go ahead and check the crowdfunding buttons on these project websites.  "Add to cart," and "Buy" are the words used.  Remind me again: is "buying" something viewed the same as "investing" in something?  Where else do you take an investment and "add to cart"?
    You mean like on CoE's store page?

They don't even make art for half of it! I mean...saving some cash I guess. Or do the finished items resemble silhouettes? 

Mendel said:
    I'm just waiting until Tim realizes that the COE poster basically plagiarized him.  It was a copy & paste of the entire article, instead of a link, with absolutely no credit to Tim (through 4 pages, anyway).  There are even several posters that seem to think the cut&paste member was the author of the original article.

Let's see how well SBS disciplines its membership in the face of a legal violation.  Heck, even MMORPG.com might have a valid complaint.

Man they didn't even link me? How do they know the poster didn't change my words? How do they know it even exists? I hope they had the insights to come here to confirm it was the legit version. 

What I fail to understand is, if the game is doing so well behind that $1,000 paywall why wouldn't they flaunt it? If its that far along it would only serve to get them more subscribers? At the least they could allow a legit MMO site to do a preview which again gets them more money by proxy.

I've backed enough of these to know the studios that have something decent behind that NDA flaunt it. They can barely contain themselves. They are proud, excited, and doing so makes them more fans and from those fans they get more dollars. The studios that don't give any insights, the ones that use the unknown as their crutch and hide behind the NDA do it for a reason. 
    I used to have access to the CoE locked forums before I sold my account last spring. I think there are (or at least were) two tiers of locked forums, which I had access to the lower priced one.

I can't say what goes on in the VIP locked forums, but the one for barons and counts was useless. It was pretty much just fellow players talking to each other. No secret reveals or even dev interaction. Maybe every other week a dev or moderator would post a comment in a thread, but nothing worth while happened in there. It was so dead I stopped checking it after a while. 

No one who paid to get in is going to admit that though. They just want you to think all this secret stuff is going on in there, so they don't feel foolish for buying in. 

Perhaps things changed since last year, but I honestly doubt it. 
    KyleranGdemamiMadFrenchieDakeruScottweedledumb99
    --------------------------------------------
  • SturVosSturVos Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Always valid to get frustrated over the development of a game and constant delays. I supported 7 days in the early days and progress is sometimes slow. However, CoE seems to be making progress, maybe not as fast as their optimistic estimates just starting out. Everyone wants to think that their revolutionary idea will succeed quickly and that often isn't the case as logistics and real life come into play.

That said. What these people are attempting is well worth supporting, especially if the features look appealing to you. Definitely not going to appeal to everyone but SoulBound has some of the most thoughtful design on mechanics I have ever seen and there are going to be bumps in the road but I am fully confident in their ability to get there.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    SturVos said:
    Always valid to get frustrated over the development of a game and constant delays. I supported 7 days in the early days and progress is sometimes slow. However, CoE seems to be making progress, maybe not as fast as their optimistic estimates just starting out. Everyone wants to think that their revolutionary idea will succeed quickly and that often isn't the case as logistics and real life come into play.

That said. What these people are attempting is well worth supporting, especially if the features look appealing to you. Definitely not going to appeal to everyone but SoulBound has some of the most thoughtful design on mechanics I have ever seen and there are going to be bumps in the road but I am fully confident in their ability to get there.
    Welcome to the forums.

Hopefully you'll consider visiting for some of the other content and just not in COE, as after all, looks like there's gonna be a bit of a wait.

;)

Slapshot1188MadFrenchie

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    Vaporware......

Of all the MMO's I've backed this one is the least likely to get off the ground and that includes a MMORTS that I'm pretty sure isn't even being developed anymore. At least that game doesn't keep selling more digital goods that will never pan out.