Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

oh god...

2»

Comments

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Kyleran said:
    As the 2nd month of 2020 comes to a close the level of their non accomplishment continues to astound really.

Never has so much been said or spent on so little progress.

Their progress is absolutely fine, this is what 8M cash gets you..honestly nothing...moving forward i've said it before and i will say it again, CoE is a massive game in scope and will need a massive amount of funding to properly test it. At a damn minimum you are looking at 50M cash and like 50 employees...like i said this is a bare minimum, I would actually expect the figure being closer to 100M dollars. SbS is no where close to this mark, which is why i am very confident this project will eventually run out of money and fail. I do not see any path to release any game, I think they do release an early Alpha and never really establish the funding/ability necessary to bring the project forward. Shame on Caspian for this. This is what happens when you have a vision and zero business knowledge to bring it to fruition. This is a Revival Online on a bigger scale. People should learn from this.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    As the 2nd month of 2020 comes to a close the level of their non accomplishment continues to astound really.

Their progress is absolutely fine, this is what 8M cash gets you..honestly nothing...moving forward i've said it before and i will say it again, CoE is a massive game in scope and will need a massive amount of funding to properly test it. At a damn minimum you are looking at 50M cash and like 50 employees...like i said this is a bare minimum, I would actually expect the figure being closer to 100M dollars. SbS is no where close to this mark, which is why i am very confident this project will eventually run out of money and fail. I do not see any path to release any game, I think they do release an early Alpha and never really establish the funding/ability necessary to bring the project forward. Shame on Caspian for this. This is what happens when you have a vision and zero business knowledge to bring it to fruition. This is a Revival Online on a bigger scale. People should learn from this.
    Why should they learn when they didn't learn from Revival?  They literally hired the lead designer from Revival, a game that sold virtual land for big bucks and never completed development... like this is a shock that they are in this situation?

As I said in my last message:  It's like a bad Groundhog Day movie where they do the same shit over and over and nobody even seems to realize it.  The thread where it was discussed that Caspien's solution for replacing SpatialOS was not working (what a shock) and they were researching new options SHOULD have elicited a hair on fire type of response. Instead, you got a few people saying stuff like "Well maybe its not so bad if they just run a translation program and don't lose any of their work" as though it was that easy.  Then you have the truly devoted that take that message of "Maybe" and convert it into something like "This was a great thread and I am so relieved".

The level of self and group delusion they need to maintain is absolutely stunning.   IMHO it has achieved true cult status.  Right down to the whole giving funds for the cause.

But whatever...  there are other topics to focus on for a while.  When they finally make another announcement I'll look again.  Until then who cares?

AnOldFart

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Kyleran said:

Why should they learn when they didn't learn from Revival?  They literally hired the lead designer from Revival, a game that sold virtual land for big bucks and never completed development... like this is a shock that they are in this situation?

I seriously don’t understand how people is not bothered by this.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    The power of faith, and really having no other option except to hope for a positive outcome.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Now I can annoy him / it through upvoting and downvoting.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Akulas said:
    Now I can annoy him / it through upvoting and downvoting.
    ?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DiscordsOfElyriaDiscordsOfElyria Newbie CommonPosts: 8
    TEKK3N said:
    Kyleran said:

I seriously don’t understand how people is not bothered by this.
    Because roleplayers are...............................................
    Kyleran
    No, we are in pre-alpha right now. There is no release date for neither beta nor alpha. Given the track record of the studio, they can't help but being over optimistic on release dates... so I think it is the right move not to make their own estimate public.
  • BlackpippinBlackpippin Member CommonPosts: 4
    Is ridiculous thinking that all Arkadia hate him. Is full paranoia.  He is moderating us heavily and I am sure He is definitely doing a good Job to upsetting us all. 
  • SilverTonguedSilverTongued Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Love him or hate him, you gotta respect Serps mental fortitude and resilience having to constantly deal with folks like most of you in here. You guys wouldn’t be able to do it. You’d quit after 2 weeks of conversing with someone like yourself.
    Kyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Love him or hate him, you gotta respect Serps mental fortitude and resilience having to constantly deal with folks like most of you in here. You guys wouldn’t be able to do it. You’d quit after 2 weeks of conversing with someone like yourself.
    Umm no because i would likely build a game under secrecy.The simple reason is i want to build a game i would be proud of,a game I want to play and not be influenced by anyone.

It is also tough to really grasp what someone is saying on the internet,we don't have a microphone,we are not openly talking suggestions to the owner,we have to type some words in a chat box.

Also there are SEVERAL layers to a business and one was mentioned in a thread the other day>>>TRUST.

So we obviously have THE GAME,game ideas/systems,the pay/monetary systems,TRUST,overall quality of the game.

The biggest issue i had when i started to go south on this game was TRUST.I have completely lost trust in this business.You cannot sellout to cash shops and anyone handing over money,that is NOT how a game is to be presented to the consumer who merely wants a fun game to play.
    We as consumers do NOT want to be tied up in the funding or the p2w/cash shop.I want a game where EVERYTHING happens in the game world with ZERO outside interference.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SilverTonguedSilverTongued Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Jeez even Im not resilient enough to deal with this garbage as I already wanna leave this forum after that rant
    I have no sympathy for self-inflicted wounds.  Almost all of his are self-inflicted.

He is in the wrong line of work.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Hrmm, over 35K posts conversing here on this site with persons like myself.

Apparently I'm made of sterner stuff than most.

:D 
    Slapshot1188AnOldFart

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Hrmm, over 35K posts conversing here on this site with persons like myself.

Apparently I'm made of sterner stuff than most.

:D 
    I think we had decided that he was so over the top that he was an obvious false flag last time he dropped by to tell us how bad these forums were.

• DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Just take note of the date of reappearance. It’s quite obvious.