Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

oh god...

ZeekPlayzZeekPlayz Member UncommonPosts: 27

Looks like Serp here decided tocheck who upvotes what and messaged mick about this.
I made a forum post asking about it and he (or a mod) decided to delete it.
interesting innit

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    They should forget about making a game and just sell the rights to all of the drama.
    ScotcheyaneOctagon7711[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Amathe said:
    They should forget about making a game and just sell the rights to all of the drama.
    Pure gold, would make a great reality show.
    AmathePalebane

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

ZeekPlayz said:

Looks like Serp here decided tocheck who upvotes what and messaged mick about this.
    I made a forum post asking about it and he (or a mod) decided to delete it.
    interesting innit
    Seems Serp has gone into full paranoid fortress mode, he's lost the ability to know who his friends are, perhaps the suggestion is hitting too close to reality?

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Wait, maybe the development of the game is the game.

AmatheKyleranPalebane
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited February 2020
    Well removing him as the Community Manager is kind of a no-brainer...
    and there is currently a job posting for the position...
    KyleranAnOldFartAmathe

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Well removing him as the Community Manager is kind of a no-brainer...
    and there is currently a job posting for the position...
    Correct, that said, Caspian confirmed that new position is to work with Serp and not to replace him...believe me i was thinking the same.
    Kyleran
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Where was this removal of Serp posted? Like I get what the context is about, something that broke out within the 10k area. But did I miss out liking him to get removed? This makes me sad.
    AnOldFart
    edited February 2020
    Torrsk said:
    Where was this removal of Serp posted? Like I get what the context is about, something that broke out within the 10k area. But did I miss out liking him to get removed? This makes me sad.
    Possibly on Discord as Serp rarely makes public appearances elsewhere and the COE forums are being heavily moderated the past week or so with all dissenting posts being not just locked but completely removed.

Kyleran said:
    Possibly on Discord as Serp rarely makes public appearances elsewhere and the COE forums are being heavily moderated the past week or so with all dissenting posts being not just locked but completely removed.
    Yeah seems the context is related to something that happened within 10k. Which then lead Serpentius to DM multi people with whatever you called this. Him having a good old fashion cry? It's somewhat amazing how this got out from NDA channels. Or maybe it doesn't even count as NDA anymore when the DMs started. This is all very confusing. Seeing that a low backer like Zeek even knows about it. Unless he only knows of the fallout, not what caused it.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    It's truly beyond embarrassing at this stage.
    Chamber of Chains
    Torrsk said:
    Kyleran said:
    Yeah seems the context is related to something that happened within 10k. Which then lead Serpentius to DM multi people with whatever you called this. Him having a good old fashion cry? It's somewhat amazing how this got out from NDA channels. Or maybe it doesn't even count as NDA anymore when the DMs started. This is all very confusing. Seeing that a low backer like Zeek even knows about it. Unless he only knows of the fallout, not what caused it.
    10k NDA? Come on. What little of value that’s in there is shared across various private forums as soon as it’s posted.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I asked if Serp could return to managing the community rather than just moderating it, as especially forums were just full of negative reinforcements from CSR. 

Raz asked if they think their community manager is doing a good job or if they are considering replacing him. 

No one demanded anything, but were just asking for a more positive community engagement. We certainly implied we weren’t happy with how things went down, tho.
    Gdemami
    Deveron said:
    I asked if Serp could return to managing the community rather than just moderating it, as especially forums were just full of negative reinforcements from CSR. 

Raz asked if they think their community manager is doing a good job or if they are considering replacing him. 

No one demanded anything, but were just asking for a more positive community engagement. We certainly implied we weren’t happy with how things went down, tho.
    Hey, I understand if Serp got frosty for people suggesting he be replaced, and even his decision to not help Mick going forward.

I've done similar to people in my career,  but I never directly communicated my displeasure to person who pissed me off.

Instead anything they ever asked for afterwards went to the bottom of my To Do list, just below learning another language and how to play the saxophone. 

Still working on those last two. 

;)

strawhat0981SpottyGekko

Slapshot1188 said:
    10k NDA? Come on. What little of value that’s in there is shared across various private forums as soon as it’s posted.
    Not saying anything special happens there, if anything it's the complete opposite. Nothing happens there. Yet there is the perception that heaps is talked/shown off. 
    If people think the weekly shiny is crap. The 10k videos is like watching the bold and the beautiful. You could listen to some video 3 years back, then listen to one today and nothing has changed. They still talk about the same crap. Which as you have pointed out many times, is their way with everything. 

They may as well just get rid of the 10k NDA and make monthly videos for everyone. 
    Slapshot1188Deveron
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I remember my last post was something about me having never seen such a sensitive individual of the same gender as I. Guess that aged pretty well.

I'm gonna be honest, if they slam the door to his face nothing of value will be lost. I could actually see their company's valuation increase by 10x if they got rid of this girl scout
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    I wouldn't put up with a bunch of incels bitching about me either.
    Palebane
    Hi Serp

• DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Kyleran said:
    Deveron said:

Hey, I understand if Serp got frosty for people suggesting he be replaced, and even his decision to not help Mick going forward.

I've done similar to people in my career,  but I never directly communicated my displeasure to person who pissed me off.

Instead anything they ever asked for afterwards went to the bottom of my To Do list, just below learning another language and how to play the saxophone. 

Still working on those last two. 

;)

Yeah, well, everyone’s free to cultivate their lack of character as they seem fit, I suppose. ;op

Not doing that publicly or in a manner that absolutely must end up in going public, surely is the smarter way of handling things, especially when your job’s meant to be about creating a pleasant public environment for everyone and folks were already questioning your success in that regard.

But, it isn’t just a jab at Serp personally. I get it, we’re all human and I certainly was an arse to quit a few people in my lifetime, even fucked up community management in a worse way than he’s doing it right now, but without an open discourse it’s kinda hard to get that warning through, that they’re on the wrong track.

It’s not just him either and I’m beginning to think that this indeed was a concerted effort to bait skeptics into fury in order to get rid off of them. And I’m not alone with that thought. Wether it is founded or unfounded doesn’t really matter, it’s harmful to the project if you let that run and don’t address it properly.

Just pushing folks off of your official venues doesn’t do much good, apparently. Well, depends on the nature of project of course, but I still like to think there’s at least a chance at a game here. 
    Kyleran
    adam_nox said:
    I wouldn't put up with a bunch of incels bitching about me either.
    If a bunch of randoms online, affect someone so much. That they then go and DM them all, that's just funny. Also how insecure is that person in the first place. "Oh no randoms said something mean about me, that is true. I will now prove them right by acting like a petty kid".
    GdemamiPalebane
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Oh man I'm so applying for that post.
    You think they will let me work from the UK?

I can be salty and a dick... 
    Slapshot1188Palebane
  • mickdudemickdude Member CommonPosts: 2
    I'm honored 
    mickdude said:
    I'm honored 
    Welcome back!  Staying this time or see you in 3 years?

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Hi Serp

SerpentiusToday at 12:28 AM

Again, as Focii said, this is not related to SoE specifically. As since we are airing our dirty laundry Bader, it is no secret how much Arkadia dislikes me and has for almost 3 years now. So let us just leave it at that, I apologized publicly, and move on. Thank you.

I really worry about the guy, if you check discord lately, he has not been himself, picking fights with a lot of people and just being paranoid. How can some one label a whole kingdom as being against him and for 3 years? Caspian really needs to have a talk with Serpentius...maybe have him take a step back and have other moderators pick up the slack. This will not end well for Serp.
    Hi Serp

SerpentiusToday at 12:28 AM

Again, as Focii said, this is not related to SoE specifically. As since we are airing our dirty laundry Bader, it is no secret how much Arkadia dislikes me and has for almost 3 years now. So let us just leave it at that, I apologized publicly, and move on. Thank you.

I really worry about the guy, if you check discord lately, he has not been himself, picking fights with a lot of people and just being paranoid. How can some one label a whole kingdom as being against him and for 3 years? Caspian really needs to have a talk with Serpentius...maybe have him take a step back and have other moderators pick up the slack. This will not end well for Serp.
    I'm actually taking a break from the silly CoE drama for a bit.   It's like a bad Groundhog Day movie where they do the same shit over and over and nobody remembers.

Enjoying Crowfall getting ready for the big patch and Conan Exiles.   When CoE actually has some news I'll peek in again.   I do not think I am alone in just being bored with their incompetence.

KyleranLackingMMO

As the 2nd month of 2020 comes to a close the level of their non accomplishment continues to astound really.

Never has so much been said or spent on so little progress.

Slapshot1188[Deleted User]