Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem worth a try at this price?

crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/anthem?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_2_layout_index_4_layout_type_twos_tile_index_2_c_anthem_storefront

On sale for $9 bucks on HB.  Worth a try at this price point or is it a total and utter dumpster fire not even worth this lowly price of admission?

Comments

• UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Actually I know Anthem got a lot of hate. As an action shooter adventure game. It’s awesome, beautiful world amazing flying and combat. Co op fun absolutely. As an continuing online shooter not so much due to lack of true endgame and no real ? to chase. But for $9 Even if you only play through the story. You’ll get 30-40 hours of non stop flying gunning and exploring. Anthem does have heart. But needs that extra life like FFIV and Destiny 1 got from there remake and Taken King. 
    Arglebargle
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    I've considered it at these sub-$10 sale prices, too, mainly because they say they are committed to redesigning the core gameplay loop and relaunching, and I wouldn't be surprised if they bump the price back up after that if the game shows signs of life again. 

I just bought The Division 2, which was on sale for $3 on all platforms. Once a game is down to the same price of a mid-day trip to the vending machines, there's not much reason to pass it up if it's even remotely close to something you want to try. 
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Nope it's EA

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Wait until it goes F2P next month.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    TEKK3N said:
    Not sure if your kidding or not but it could be a set up to milk an additional $10 before F2P...... I would love to see how this turns out.  It maybe the next new trick they pull on us.
  • Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452
    I never had any desire for playing Anthem in the first place. Jetpacks seems silly, no sci-fi and just some more fantasy bs. :| Also, a console port action game, not at all my favourite, or even close.

I like adventure games that are deep, but not shallow and gimmicky like Mass Effect was.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Anthem is a great Power Armor game.  Flight and Combat feels good.  Lore is interesting.  I got it at $20, and felt it was well worth the money. 

Overinflated hype and expectations caused the high dudgeon to flow, but going in with lower expectations, I was pleased with it.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    TEKK3N said:
    Not sure if your kidding or not but it could be a set up to milk an additional $10 before F2P...... I would love to see how this turns out.  It maybe the next new trick they pull on us.
    That’s real business.
    F2P is ALWAYS plan B, for every game.

And Anthem Plan A was doomed long time ago.
    So you do the mats.

Dude, Destiny, which is a far better game is F2P, so it’s Warframe.
    What makes you think that Anthem can command a subscription or a even a B2P?

They are just milking what they can before the inevitable announcement of F2P.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Just play Warframe or Destiny 2. Much better contributions to the genre with much better developers.
    TEKK3N