Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difficult to Read the New Website

HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136
Light gray text on a medium gray background is very hard for some of us to read.  I did my best to get through that article today about New World, but I only managed to fully read bits and pieces, and then needed to walk away and rest my eyes for a while.  Please make it possible to see the website the old way, or at least change the background to black.  I don't want to have to find a different site!

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Have you tried switching to the light theme? Top right corner of the page on desktop and on the bottom of the hamburger menu (top right) on mobile.
  • seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    MikeB said:
    Have you tried switching to the light theme? Top right corner of the page on desktop and on the bottom of the hamburger menu (top right) on mobile.
    I'm trying on desktop and it isn't changing. 

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    edited February 2020
    MikeB said:
    I'm trying on desktop and it isn't changing. 

If you're trying on the forum, yes we disabled that right now due to some bugs we are fixing. But it should work fine on the home page. We're aiming to get theme switching working on the forums again ASAP. Hang tight!
  • HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136
    MikeB said:

I just looked for it, because of your direction: there is no chance at all I would have seen that if you hadn't said anything!

Switching to light gray text on a white background is not helpful.  It may have been worse.

Many eyes have problems with contrast distinction when young.  All eyes get worse at it as they get older.  People who stare at screens all the time accelerate the decline of their eyes (example: all of us).  You're throwing away part of the community with this change.  
  • corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    edited February 2020
    its not just you, this setup and layout is not pleasant to read, both light and dark setup
    LeFantome
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    MikeB said:

Have you tried to bring back the told MMORPG.COM. This one is really bad and nobody likes it.  Dont you know, if it ain't broke don't fix it. There are no positive thing to say about this crap.

• StephanyEricsonStephanyEricson Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2020
    Switch to the light theme. I also do not like dark theme. The setup and layout is not good. I have seen a website whose layout was very good. I loved visiting and reading that website. You can also check out carpet cleaner picks
    Post edited by StephanyEricson on