Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post your favorite spell animations here.

ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
I don't care what type of game it is. MMO, RPG, ARPG. I love me some cool spell animations.

It will not come as a surprise, but my favorites were the DAoC wizard and Eldritch. Specifically the Void Eld, Fire and Ice Wizard and Thane

[disclaimer] not my videos. just some that I found online.

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    In general I loved the spell animations in Aion, and Lineage 2.
    ultimateduckPanther2103

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Age of Conan had some really nice ones. I remember there was one buff where a huge snake would coil around you. I cannot find it on youtube though.
    Octagon7711Po_ggultimateduck

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited February 2020

The guy talks quite a bit but just check the top ten Wizard 101 spells here .Time stamp 2.47 for number 10. I must say some are truly imaginative. This makes me want to go back and play this again.
    ultimateduck

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9cyLV05uHk

I will always have a love for the spell animations from Planescape Torment.  That obsessive amount of detail they had towards that game to make actual cutscenes for so many spells was just beautiful.  Especially the celestial host spell as well which the animation/cutscene was almost a minute and a half long (which is a fairly large amount of time for just one spell.
    ultimateduck
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited February 2020
    kitarad said:
    Age of Conan had some really nice ones. I remember there was one buff where a huge snake would coil around you. I cannot find it on youtube though.
    Maybe you mix it with Exiles? There was the god summoning spell with the serpent - at least in the trailer, I don't like Exiles so never summoned myself.

Nevertheless, AoC's spell weaving is really awesome. PoM is my favourite with the statues https://youtu.be/sOz51aQBIfc
    Or demo with, well, demons :) (and bonus lava from Hell) https://youtu.be/e_-eNn4D1MY

ed: not a spell by the letter, but D.R.A.G.O.N. in LotRO is really good https://youtu.be/wXpe4_i9Nc0
    ultimateduck
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    ultimateduckkatzklawGroqstrong
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    edited February 2020
    Asheron's Call... the shield animation was special. Fond memories.
    ultimateduck
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    katzklawultimateduckkitarad

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• katzklawkatzklaw Member UncommonPosts: 101
    now THAT is an EPIC wizard spell!

Amathe said:
    wooooooo OLD SCHOOL IS BEST SCHOOL
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    That mage went supernova, is this FFXIV?
    Amatheultimateduckkatzklaw
    That mage went supernova, is this FFXIV?

Yes, it's their Limit Break (party resource) spell for dungeons/raids.

Groqstrongultimateduckkitarad

ultimateduck
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Regeneration: Wizard101

ultimateduck

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR