Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolcen Patch 1.0.4.0 Live, Hopefully Along with Servers

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageWolcen Patch 1.0.4.0 Live, Hopefully Along with Servers

Patch 1.0.4.0 for Wolcen is out now, hopefully fixing the servers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    oh item dupe ....a classic :D
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Really enjoying this one, has some problems, but what new release doesn't.
    Life2vbamwallaGatsuZerkgastovski1
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    1.04 has made things much more stable.

I finally considered it stable enough to play online and got a spell slinger through the campaign and into end-game play with no hassles at all.
    Life2vkitaradStoneRoses
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    edited February 2020
    My only regret in 2020 is that i bought this game...
    Life2vkertinJeroKaneultimateduckTruvidiennhoenens1gastovski1

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Fun game. Has bugs. Can deal with it.
    StoneRosesgastovski1
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    playing have had no bugs yet only lvl 31, but fun seems to have just much content as D3 and a skill tree kinda like POE but needs to be refined a lot to make more sense what the stuff does.
    bentrim
  • GatsuZerkGatsuZerk Member UncommonPosts: 137
    edited February 2020
    It's sad when a game in this state is "released" and people accept it because "what new release doesn't?" That's the state of PC gaming, buggy releases and it's become so common place that people just accept it because OOhoHhh shiny graphics.
    bentrimGorweultimateduckLife2vPalebanegastovski1Tarkumi
  • BC_AnimusBC_Animus Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Completely changed from back when it was called Umbra. Kinda wish they had continued with that original line of developlment, and we had gotten what they originally promised, but folks seem to be enjoying the current version of the game, so... I don't know. I didn't think much of it the few times I had tried it during the various beta phases, but I'll give it another go at some stage.
    Radoo
  • velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Really enjoying this game, haven't experienced many bugs; so i guess i'm lucky!
    StoneRosesLife2v
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I am still playing this offline and have like 9 toons. Yeah the altitis is kicking in.
    StoneRosesTruvidiennPalebane

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    have they mentioned they will be wiping the characters bank balance or at least down to a certain number to deal with all the exploiters? Or I do wonder if they are not bold enough to do that and fear the backlash. It should be done regardless.
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    The game looks great, but there's far too many bugs and untested features. For example, there's summoner skills but no summoner gear in game, so you can't scale their damage or do any endgame content with them.

Archeage EU - Nui

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284

wyldmagik said:

have they mentioned they will be wiping the characters bank balance or at least down to a certain number to deal with all the exploiters? Or I do wonder if they are not bold enough to do that and fear the backlash. It should be done regardless.

What's the difference if people duped? There are no leaderboards or other ways that this will affect your gameplay in any way.

I don't even own the game in case you were ready to accuse me of doing it.
    StoneRosesPalebane
    kitarad said:
    I am still playing this offline and have like 9 toons. Yeah the altitis is kicking in.
    It has some nice features for us altoholics: Once you unlock the end game you can start alts there, do the story with them or even both - your choice. If you opt to start alts in the city building part, expeditions are scaled down to their level.

Also all the end-game city improvements that unlock certain crafting things and perks (like the extra skill slot, magic find, gold find, etc.) are global and apply to all characters.

The only things that should be global IMO, but aren't are gold and the other currency from selling Enteracs. 
    kitarad
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Gorwe said:
    It's such a shame that this beautiful game's broken like it is. It...it's ugh, really rough.
    Are you playing it? Yes there are many bugs but it isn't nearly as broken as the impression you'd get from just reading posts on reddit and steam. I've played and leveled several character offline and now also online and have had no crashes nor anything that permanently stopped my progress.

It's rough in places but very playable.
    ScorchienGorweStoneRosesLife2vsnoocky

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Kind of want to try it but not at this price or condition. Guess I will be waiting for a Summer/Winter Steam sale.
    Palebane
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Yes the game has bugs, nothing compares to say Anthem which was back with behemoth source of funding.
    I've yet to experience one that is such a deal breaker.

Amazing how overly sensitive folks get and make the game sound worse than it really is.
    Life2v
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I dont know why is that huge hype for. I mean thats not a bad game but just copied everything from same games acutally they have 0, I repeat zero idea what they made alone. The graphics for me is not bad but definetly not a next gen game and much worst than it was in earlier version. passive skill tree is absoludly a mess now, skills arent nice or look good for me tons of bugs its just a big disappoint after many many years of support from the players. This game is not deserved to be live longer then any other overhyped game on steam.
    Life2v
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    I'm going to let this one sit for a while before buying it. I have plenty to play right now, and a couple month's time will probably be plenty long enough for a slight discount and an end to the server issues.

At least it sounds like there might actually be something of value here, unlike certain other recent games of this genre.
    Palebane
    Aeander said:
    I'm going to let this one sit for a while before buying it. I have plenty to play right now, and a couple month's time will probably be plenty long enough for a slight discount and an end to the server issues.

At least it sounds like there might actually be something of value here, unlike certain other recent games of this genre.
    The servers are no longer really an issue. We've moved on to other bugs now :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

BC_Animus said:

Completely changed from back when it was called Umbra. Kinda wish they had continued with that original line of developlment, and we had gotten what they originally promised, but folks seem to be enjoying the current version of the game, so... I don't know. I didn't think much of it the few times I had tried it during the various beta phases, but I'll give it another go at some stage.

I remember the older versions and the art style had nothing to do with this newer release. Too bad.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Enjoying the heck out of it myself. There is nothing new here but it's all put together very well. The combat is quite enjoyable. I hear sales have been good so that is encouraging. If the company can stay at this it is promising indeed.
    Babuinix
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Didn't buy it and i never will. Saw end-game guy playing... spamming 1 and the same boring skill to kill everything he sees... wauw what an epic fun! #NOT!
    Kyleran
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Not saying you should buy the game now if you have some doubts but much of the complaints and gnashing of teeth is over issues that have largely been fixed. The game is constantly releasing patches and improving. Even without that the game is very interesting and fun for me. I have been trying out some builds and so far it has been a good experience. 
    ScorchienBabuinix
    Chamber of Chains
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Enjoying the game. Had been a player all the way back when the game was open world.

Only issue I have so far is really high ping. Makes the game unplayable at times. Hopefully that is fixed soon.