Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon outlined player housing in New World earlier today in a lengthy news post over on the officia

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageAmazon outlined player housing in New World earlier today in a lengthy news post over on the official site.

Amazon outlined player housing in New World earlier today in a lengthy news post over on the official site.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GatsuZerkGatsuZerk Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Game looks great, damn shame they ruined PvP.
    [Deleted User]TokkenAlomarCaidenultimateduckbcbully[Deleted User]
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Is it PvP or PvE?
    Is it a MMO or a Multiplayer Survival like Ark?
    I still don’t get it.

ultimateduck
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    TEKK3N said:
    Is it PvP or PvE?
    I still don’t get it.

When they officially decide, they may let us know then. 
    infomatzMcSleazbcbully
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

TEKK3N said:

Is it PvP or PvE?
    I still don’t get it.

I don't know why the meme answer of "Yes" popped in my head when you asked all of that.
  • mandark91mandark91 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    These are all scheduled posts and videos. I highly doubt this is accurate information anymore.

We should probably just wait for the beta and see those with pre-orders post their reviews.
    ultimateduckPalebane
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited February 2020
    Why don't they show us the PvE systems they have for us and how they intend to convert this game from PvP to PvE? May be they don't have any details and are trying to distract us with this housing stuff. I do love housing but I need good PvE content to even consider buying let alone playing this.

Just because you pay lip service to PvE doesn't mean that we PvE players are going to be duped into buying this. 
    Mendel

• InternomadInternomad Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Why do PvP players assume that every MMO should be PvP only? There is plenty on consensual PvP in this game, I guess they are not happy that they can't PK low level players with no danger to themselves.

There are many of us who prefer PvE and we have every right to play this game without PvP if we choose to do so.
    SensaiMorbeousSlyLoKmandark91CaidenbcbullyErevus[Deleted User]Kimo
    Stabilis
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269

Nyctelios said:

Why do PvP players assume that every MMO should be PvP only? There is plenty on consensual PvP in this game, I guess they are not happy that they can't PK low level players with no danger to themselves.

There are many of us who prefer PvE and we have every right to play this game without PvP if we choose to do so.

Because that's how they marketed their game.

That's how they initially marketed their game that is still in development. As with many games in development, things change.

Of course, those who still want the trill of open world PvP are more than welcome to just keep their PvP flag on at all times.
    MagikarpsGhostMcSleazbcbullyErevus[Deleted User]
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    kitarad said:

Just because you pay lip service to PvE doesn't mean that we PvE players are going to be duped into buying this. 

Really?  Seems PVEers get duped into buying all sorts of shitty games every year.
    bcbullyPalebane
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

GatsuZerk said:

It has pvp they simply removed the forced p p with full body loot. Amazing how some ppl think it needs to be like that. Look at ever full loot pvp game you will see a trend of low pop. If you want pvp then turn it on, if you want a full pvp game go find one. Frankly pvpers tend to be some of the rudest players out there along with the endgame elitist pvers.
    darkhalf357xMcSleazultimateduckErevusVengerPalebaneTacticalZombeh

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

moshra said:

kitarad said:

Really?  Seems PVEers get duped into buying all sorts of shitty games every year.

By that logic so do pvpers. Sure it starts out mice but then they get tossed aside and neglected like a red headed step child.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545

Nyctelios said:

Because that's how they marketed their game.

That's how they initially marketed their game that is still in development. As with many games in development, things change.

Of course, those who still want the trill of open world PvP are more than welcome to just keep their PvP flag on at all times.
    The bigger problem is all signs are that's how they initially DEVELOPED their game too up until just a few months ago.  It'll be a miracle if they manage to convert a game developed as a PvP game into a good in-depth PvE game within the span of like, less than a year.

The fact that they aren't showing us any good PvE footage kinda implies they aren't succeeding at it.
    Mendel[Deleted User]
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499

DMKano said:

Tierless said:

GatsuZerk said:

Damn shame they did that, then tried to make remake it a generic theme park in 4 months.

It's not even a generic thempark as they have no NPCs at all.

Themeparks have NPCs galore to give you quests etc... new world has no towns or hubs with NPCs.. it has no NPCs period

Hmm you must not have played in a while, this is not true. I haven't played past the starter area and there are definitely quest giving npcs at the start at least.
    edited February 2020

there is no right to playing any game without pvp unless the devs decide they want you to be able to. If they don't, you have the right not to buy the game, and your rights end there.
    moshra
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    The problem with PvE is lore. PvE is filled with stories, quests, that have to be followed. You are going out to kill 10 boars because .... you need the meat to feed some starving children in an orphanage, or something.

The best PvE games have lore, like LoTRO, ESO, SWTOR, etc. There is a reason you are doing the quests.

PvP games don't need lore. You are defending a keep, or attacking it, or trying to take over some land, etc. Not because of a story. Building faction with one side or another isn't lore.

Taking a PvP game with no lore and trying to quickly turn it into a rich PvE game is going to take a long time.
    Frykka

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Dvora said:

there is no right to playing any game without pvp unless the devs decide they want you to be able to. If they don't, you have the right not to buy the game, and your rights end there.

PVE IS A HUMAN RIGHT, NOT A PRIVILEGE.
    Palebane
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I can’t wait to see the pve only guy backlash.

whats the over/under on the user metacritc score, 2?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Tiamat64 said:
    The bigger problem is all signs are that's how they initially DEVELOPED their game too up until just a few months ago.  It'll be a miracle if they manage to convert a game developed as a PvP game into a good in-depth PvE game within the span of like, less than a year.

The fact that they aren't showing us any good PvE footage kinda implies they aren't succeeding at it.
    Having open world PvP didn't suddenly make it a game that was developed for a specific purpose other than ganking noobs. It seems the game was actually developed to be a survival type MMO that you can now choose to add the element of hostile player interaction if you want.

Nyctelios said:
    There is a difference between making adjustments to your mechanics and adding scope keeping your focus in mind and .... changing your focus entirely (or in this case "kinda of").

Promoting something as a thing and then changing it in between without making the same marketing push they did for their first vision to me is nothing more than "bait and switch".

Edit to add: I was in for a fully PVP experience. Hell, everyone here knows I'm waiting for a new and batter Salem for years already - then this would be my jam... but the mixed signals they are tossing all around makes me feel they don't know what they want or they regret their previous focus.

But, to be honest, while they initial focus would make great headlines (and possibly awards) if they kept a high quality... "another survival mmo-lite" is not what the market need at the moment... We already have plenty of those.

Man, I really wish Salem took off and became a thing. If the devs had sold the game to someone bigger and removed the java from it, putt it on Steam... man, that could be big. Salem's mechanics are amazing. They are the foundation to all modern survival-craft games you see out there. Most of New World's housing/territory control are copy/past from Salem.

Kinda seems to be the scope remains the same. A sandbox survival MMO. The only change made was how PvP is being implemented. Always on compared to selected on/off.

I'm sure if enough people cry, which it seems at least some of you will cry incessantly, they will open a full open PvP server after release.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    bcbully said:

If there is no  PvE content that is worth playing then why would people play it. It has nothing to do with backlash if the game has good PvE content people will buy and play it. Right now the backlash was against the ganking that went on when they were testing which lead them to changing their design. If they do not serve up a good game it will fail regardless and it won't be because they made the PvP optional.
    TacticalZombehbcbullyPalebane

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    kitarad said:
    bcbully said:

If there is no  PvE content that is worth playing then why would people play it. It has nothing to do with backlash if the game has good PvE content people will buy and play it. Right now the backlash was against the ganking that went on when they were testing which lead them to changing their design. If they do not serve up a good game it will fail regardless and it won't be because they made the PvP optional.
    Strange logic there buddy lol 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Just Can't w8 to play this game.

Griefers are mourning already...... love it !!
    bcbullyultimateduckAlomar
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

Yep sadly this game is a disappointment coming from a company with pockets as deep as Amazon.
    TEKK3N said:
    Is it PvP or PvE?
    I still don’t get it.

When they officially decide, they may let us know then. 
    Right now its none of the above really.
  • VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

olepi said:

The problem with PvE is lore. PvE is filled with stories, quests, that have to be followed. You are going out to kill 10 boars because .... you need the meat to feed some starving children in an orphanage, or something.

The best PvE games have lore, like LoTRO, ESO, SWTOR, etc. There is a reason you are doing the quests.

I played UO as a pve player for like 7 years and had way more fun building characters vs the questing rails of (insert theme park game here).

Take a game like PoE which has a tremendous amount of character building. Now that would be a bit much for a mmorpg but if they focused more on character building with active combat and interesting world with interesting points of interest you wouldn't need the fetch quests that lead players by the nose.
  • LucixLucix Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited February 2020
    Didn't they say a maximum of 2k players per server? But probably even less per server? That's a whole lot more then the regular 100, but still much less then FFXIV (normal mmo). Where they have 10k people running around atleast. I hope this doesn't become like ARK.