Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk dungeon-crawler, Conglomerate 451, Leaves Early Access

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageCyberpunk dungeon-crawler, Conglomerate 451, Leaves Early Access

Conglomerate 451, a self-described cyberpunk dungeon-crawler, has left Early Access. Here are the details.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    I was interested but then saw the permadeath thing. Nah, I'll pass.
    [Deleted User]Harikengastovski1McSleazNyghthowler
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Samhael said:
    I was interested but then saw the permadeath thing. Nah, I'll pass.
    Yeah count me in too no permadeath for me either. Hope it is an option .
    [Deleted User]Harikengastovski1Nyghthowler

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    Cyberpu...wait...permadeath? No thanks.
    [Deleted User]Harikengastovski1Nyghthowler
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    its a single player roguelike, of course it will have perma death
    Scorchiennewbismx
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    So funny how they have been trying to sell Perma death for years.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Looks great ,, Its a Rogue-Like , its supposed to have perma death ...

Lots of people like it and play them .. For years now

Ill pick it up right away , really enjoy Rogue-lIkes
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Was kinda fun, but I didn't like the hacking minigames at all.  It appears to gate content too, so back it goes.....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited February 2020
    It's like no one has ever played hardcore mode in Diablo 3 lol.

I've had more permadeaths in that than I can count - more each season - but I still do it. At most you lose a few hours of progress. It's really no big deal.

In a game where it would take me weeks or months to get back to where I was would be a hard pass for me but this ain't that kind of game.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Permadeath is usually intricale to rouge-likes- Its not a long "RPG" you play once and finish but rather one that is usually played across hundreds of sessions (with new toons each time) in which the game changes each time.

I hate perma-death as well- Except in rouge-likes. Thats kind of a staplke of the genre and the games are designed around it.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Will never play an RPG, MMO or any other type of progression game that has permadeath. It's the one word that stops me from reading everything else about the game. 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Iselin said:

I've had more permadeaths in that than I can count - more each season - but I still do it. At most you lose a few hours of progress. It's really no big deal.

In a game where it would take me weeks or months to get back to where I was would be a hard pass for me but this ain't that kind of game.
    I can't count how many times I have died because of someone else's stupidity. That's only ok in games like Halo. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:

I can't count how many times I have died because of someone else's stupidity. That's only ok in games like Halo. 
    I play D3 almost 100% solo. The only exception is split bounties because they're just a drag to grind solo.

All of my deaths in HC mode were my own fault, usually because I get greedy for better drops and crank up the difficulty too much and too soon.

I expect deaths in HC and like I said, they're no big deal. All you lose is whatever you had equipped. I keep an alt waiting in the wings with hand-me-down gear ready to go if he needs to.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Iselin said:

In Diablo there is a choice. You can choose not to play that mode. Is there one in this game?  That would I think make the number of people inclined to play less don't you think?
    jimmywolf

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Permadeath as a choice is fine. I have below zero interest in a game that forces me to recreate and start over every time I die.