Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A MMO for a student

wyyywyyy Member UncommonPosts: 10

I've been a member on MMORPG.com for more than 4 years but I've never been very active or posting anything around. I like reading others posts but not interfere. (and btw, sorry for my english).

This is my first forum post (or second) and I was interested if some of you could help me with a problem.

I am college student and I find really hard to find time for studying and playing MMOs. I've tried a lot of MMOs (client or browser type):  WoW (I played a very short time: one week and I didn't liked it), GW2 for about one year, browser games, etc.

I know some of you will tell me that I need to manage my time more effectively but I can't really find time to study and play. I wanted to know If you guys know any MMO's or Browser games that require a more .... passive activity: (such as Tanoth or BattleKnight). For those who never played you start a mission and it will finish in a specific amount of time (30 mins, 1 hour). In that time you can't do anything else in the game and you can use that time for something else.

If you know any game that "suits" my request, please answer :)

And btw,

HELLO!

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

http://www.theriansaga.com/ - light on time requirements but bloody deep

The secret world - good story not deep enough to suck up much time

Project Zomboid- not an mmo but good enough for bursts of gaming

War Thunder - not a mmo but really good for blasting anger out on people in aerial combat or (soon) ground combat.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    My son is a student and former avid. WOW player. He plays League of Legends almost exclusively because it's a quick in and out game with no sub, no pressure to keep up with anything.
    Amathe

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

If I remember correctly, Shakes & Fidget - The Game is also that kind of game: http://www.sfgame.co.uk/ I didn't play for long because personally I tought there was too little game or challenge and too much waiting.

How about one of the online strategy games like Evony? They have a lot of waiting for buildings to build and your troops to arrive to places: http://www.evony.com/

If that's too time consuming, you could also check out Progress Quest: http://progressquest.com/play/

• wyyywyyy Member UncommonPosts: 10

I want to thank all of you for your sugestions.

When I wasn't a student I could afford getting a new game, but now I can't really "pay to play".

TheRisingSaga looks interesting, I'm giving the game a try. I've also played SFGame. It's like Tanoth but with a couple of improvements.

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    For student ? Guilds Wars 2 for 20$ atm

l2p

• wyyywyyy Member UncommonPosts: 10

I bought GW2 when it lauched, played it but now I don't have anything interesting to do in the game.

I made World Completion, a Legendary Weapon, every dungeon, WvWvW, SPVP, all guild missions... all. I've followed the "Scarlet Story" till the end but I'm not really interested in every minor update they do to the game.

Unless they are going to make an expansion I'm not returning to GW2.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Take a look at Rift.

A good game and a decent FTP model.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Well technically not a true mmo, I love diving into Diablo 3 when I am bored and go on a massive killing spree and getting uber loot. I also Love WoW (I know you said you don't like it) but it is easy to level in, do short dungeon runs, or quest in different areas. I also loved TSW like others said, the setting is awesome and it is fun to quest in.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited February 2020
    Gokahare said:
    How do you combine school and game? I won't say for sure, but the fact that I just played for days on the fly was not very good for my productivity and I just got expelled.
    Consider a new career streaming games?

;)

Back in my day we could only play one game, Star Trek on a mainframe terminal in the computer lab, which closed by 9 PM.

So we managed to under perform or fail out by drinking too much and chasing tail.

Uphill in the snow, both ways of course.

:D 
    Mendel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    A 6 year necro...color me impressed.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Phantsy Star Online 2 is a free game you can get everything in game for free and it allows players that can only play a few hours to keep up with friends.