Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Shares Hour-Long Making Of Featurette

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imagePantheon: Rise of the Fallen Shares Hour-Long Making Of Featurette

A new hour-long Making-Of video for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen has arrived.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    30:50 looks amazing

Really hope this game comes out.
    MikehaSovrath[Deleted User]
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Is looking very good. They have some (a?) great environment artists. I dig the style and look and honestly don’t  understand anyone saying its graphics are dated. 
    SovrathAmathe
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Pantheon is my obiwan....my last hope

man u can climb ? thats cooooooool , i love plataform elements on mmorpgs

the upgrade system looks good , but in the end ppl will choose whats best ...hope u can change it at anytime for solo/ group / raiding ...
    Sovrath
  • PuReDusTPuReDusT Member UncommonPosts: 21
    seems good to me but combat is kinda meh :/
    MargraveSalemov
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Warlyx said:

man u can climb ? thats cooooooool , i love plataform elements on mmorpgs

the upgrade system looks good , but in the end ppl will choose whats best ...hope u can change it at anytime for solo/ group / raiding ...

Fortunately Kenobi will come out before Pantheon. You will have your Obi-Wan.
    marcjt20
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    DMKano said:
    Looking good - very encouraging.

My entire guild is looking forward to this 
    DMkano <Gamigo Forever>
    [Deleted User]
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664

DMKano said:

PuReDusT said:

The combat looks meh if you aren't used to EQ1 style combat that also looks meh, until you understand the slower pace more tactical approach to combat

Combat always looks meh from the outside on these type of games. Its when your in the moment that these "meh" combat seem very intense.
    AmatheSovrathZenJelly
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was grinding my teeth ,please STOP making meaningless videos.I keep saying they have NO CLUE on how to address the consumer,how to inform us with information that MATTERS,that SELLS the game.

I know how games are made,i get the idea of making a zone based off of some picture,yeah i get it,doesn't do a single thing for me,ALL games are built like this.

Yet again a video showing COHH playing,reading actual quest lines,this is NOT what i want to see.

WHY is he standing in the middle of a zone,why is he meeting this sight stone quest giver?Yeah it's a quest,i get it,i know what quests are and so does anyone else that has played a mmorpg.I know about flags and quest triggers,npc triggers,again this is NOT what i want to see,i already know game design.

If we are going to put some importance on these quests then WHY are we not hearing voice overs?Why are we reading from 1990's dialogue boxes?

I want to know WHY this game,show me something that matters.We already know of and have heard of perception systems,this is an aged design idea,sure it's good...ok,this is not a selling point.
    BalticthunderNarugMendelstrawhat0981[Deleted User]ZenJelly[Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I can tell that COHH starts off with the smiles but later he looks as bored as i was listening to this dude explain the boring ideas behind art designs.
    Balticthunder

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited February 2020
    Wizardry said:
    I was grinding my teeth ,please STOP making meaningless videos.I keep saying they have NO CLUE on how to address the consumer,how to inform us with information that MATTERS,that SELLS the game.

I know how games are made,i get the idea of making a zone based off of some picture,yeah i get it,doesn't do a single thing for me,ALL games are built like this.

Yet again a video showing COHH playing,reading actual quest lines,this is NOT what i want to see.

WHY is he standing in the middle of a zone,why is he meeting this sight stone quest giver?Yeah it's a quest,i get it,i know what quests are and so does anyone else that has played a mmorpg.I know about flags and quest triggers,npc triggers,again this is NOT what i want to see,i already know game design.

If we are going to put some importance on these quests then WHY are we not hearing voice overs?Why are we reading from 1990's dialogue boxes?

I want to know WHY this game,show me something that matters.We already know of and have heard of perception systems,this is an aged design idea,sure it's good...ok,this is not a selling point.

Who are you trying to fool ? The only thing you want to see is FFXI, the only game you've ever felt worthy of your oh so precious existence...because going to the dunes to kill crabs for hours, now that was a fucking delight of a game design worth pestering people online for 15 years past its prime.
    SavageHorizonRemaliultimateduckcloudacv[Deleted User]ZenJellyTacticalZombeh
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Wizardry said:

Who are you trying to fool ? The only thing you want to see is FFXI, the only game you've ever felt worthy of your oh so precious existence...because going to the dunes to kill crabs for hours, now that was a fucking delight of a game design worth pestering people online for 15 years past its prime.
    Most people don’t read past the first sentence of his posts. If that. 
    BeansnBreadPanzerbeorne39Babuinixbng28AmathecloudacvZenJellyTacticalZombeh
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    People can say what they want about how it currently looks....but look at how much actual playable stuff they are willing to show ::coughCoEcough:: ::coughAshescough:: Sorry, allergies.
    KumaponChildoftheShadowsKyleranbng28
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Wizardry said:

I agree, it's getting embarrassing just seeing his posts. It's like the wiz thinks they are making this game especially for little wizy.

Perhaps he needs to just go back and play his all time bestest ffxi and leave this game tf alone.
    ultimateduckcloudacvTacticalZombeh

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,511

Wizardry said:

Everytime there is a Pantheon update you sound like complet idiot. Why is that ?
    cloudacvZenJelly

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Warlyx said:
    Wouldnt that then be your Luke Skywalker ?

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited February 2020

Mensur said:

Wizardry said:

Everytime there is a Pantheon update you sound like complet idiot. Why is that ?

You've answered your own question lol, I agree with you.
    cloudacv

• BalticthunderBalticthunder Member UncommonPosts: 58

Wizardry said:

I agree! The video was boring, I skipped all long and winding explanations of how they make this or that, I really dont care, give me the game and then we will see. Though animations still looks bad.
    KyleranZenJelly
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Every time I see Pantheon videos I get the same impression:
    - ambitions doesn't match the budget
    - this looks way too much like EQ1 (which depending on the person is a good or bad thing)

I might try the game once it release, although I don't think I'm a target for it. I also wonder how they planned their after release business model as this will clearly be a very niche game.
    Mendel
  • AdreuAdreu Member UncommonPosts: 33
    It's looking great, can't wait to try it.
    ZenJelly
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    These videos aren't important to some, but for me this is one of those "oh, yeah... this game looks kinda cool" videos. For some reason it doesn't stay on my radar. Then a video comes out and I get a little excited for its progress and look forward to its release.
    ZenJelly
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Great video. The game looks so much better than I ever expected.
    SovrathZihlusZenJelly

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    WOW, those graphics ...to me.. look terrible!! (blurry, no distance detail). Once AGAIN a meaningless hour long vid. with nothing. No road map to release, and no real info on progress. Makes me realize more and more, that this game will NEVER release.
    marcjt20strawhat0981bng28[Deleted User]ZenJelly
  • marcjt20marcjt20 Member UncommonPosts: 106

DMKano said:

PuReDusT said:

The combat looks meh if you aren't used to EQ1 style combat that also looks meh, until you understand the slower pace more tactical approach to combat

Combat looks meh, because its trash. Tactical my ass. Shitty animations, overused crappy effects. FFXIV has an amazing combat system, that's both tactical and beautiful on the eyes. As well as engaging. This looks like a fucking keyboard roller.
    Sensai[Deleted User]
  • DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    marcjt20 said:

DMKano said:

PuReDusT said:

Combat looks meh, because its trash. Tactical my ass. Shitty animations, overused crappy effects. FFXIV has an amazing combat system, that's both tactical and beautiful on the eyes. As well as engaging. This looks like a fucking keyboard roller.

Good news is, you're probably gonna like Pantheon, because if you feel FFXIV's combat is amazing, tactical, beautiful on the eyes and engaging, then you're only proving you're satisfied with very little.  Although I'll give you beautiful on the eyes...although, it better fucking be, being backed up by SE's ridiculous amount of resources...
    QSatuazarhalSensai
  • NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756
    So Eq1 with survial mechanics, weather, slapped in.  Oh joy.

Guess you have to expand on die in the fire mechanics because mechanics are all games are about :*

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth