Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crow Appreciation Rewards Come to Crowfall - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrow Appreciation Rewards Come to Crowfall - MMORPG.com

Crowfall has announced Crow Appreciation Rewards.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fuzzi1983fuzzi1983 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    I tried to play crowfall but never understood how to play. The "in game" community are no help, but the support team is quick and helpful. Until they have how to videos or better way to teach people how to play I will pass on this....
    foppotee
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    It is nice to be appreciated after this long wait I guess.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Appreciate me.   Launch the game.
    Amathe

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Keeping us posted on when backers are getting stuff.....okay then. I'd like to hear more about how close this thing is to being released to the general public but that's just me.
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Another party trying to keep balling on that first line., but party gonna end soon and then it’s reality time and disappointments with a massive comedown: another Kickstarter to not end so well. Class lock, gender locks 0 customization,, no meaningful challenging pve to sustain pvp.
    Frykka
    Wizbuiz said:
    Another party trying to keep balling on that first line., but party gonna end soon and then it’s reality time and disappointments with a massive comedown: another Kickstarter to not end so well. Class lock, gender locks 0 customization,, no meaningful challenging pve to sustain pvp.
    I like the Class and Gender locks.  I think they have gobs of customization.  You can literally build the body that you inhabit...

And the biggest argument on the forums is now that there is TOO MUCH PvE.

We will see what the "big patch" brings.

Frykka

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Wizbuiz said:
    I like the Class and Gender locks.  I think they have gobs of customization.  You can literally build the body that you inhabit...

Not sure about Crowfall, as I never played it, but I am increasingly getting annoyed by the definition of PvE in FFA games.

Any PvE activity where you can get killed by another player is still PvP in my view, and doesn’t attract PvX players at all, if that’s the reason why developers implement PvE in the first place.

PvE dungeons in FFA games are basically PvP hotspots.
    Not sure it’s proper to classify it as PvE content.
    biaxil
    As the tag line for Crowfall is “Play 2 Crush” I’m pretty sure anyone playing it will be looking for PvP.
    Games cannot try to be all things for all people. When they try is when they fail. The game is built around PvP territory conquest and all the PvE, harvesting and crafting is to give some flavor to that.
    Frykka

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    So, backers can expect 18 monthly rewards, yes?

;)
    Slapshot1188

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    TEKK3N said:
    Wizbuiz said:

Not sure about Crowfall, as I never played it, but I am increasingly getting annoyed by the definition of PvE in FFA games.

Any PvE activity where you can get killed by another player is still PvP in my view, and doesn’t attract PvX players at all, if that’s the reason why developers implement PvE in the first place.

PvE = Player versus Enviroment

This is why people consider killing NPC monsters for xp/loot PvE, as you are fighting the game and not other players (PvP).
    biaxil
    Utinni said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Wizbuiz said:

This is why people consider killing NPC monsters for xp/loot PvE, as you are fighting the game and not other players (PvP).
    Yes, I know that technically is PvE, but when the PvE is there to just create a PvP hotspot where PvP becomes the main activity, I am not sure it can be considered PvE.

My point was that developers often implement PvE in FFA games to attract the big PvE/PVX crowd, but I don’t think they want to play that kind of PvE.

I think that’s a waste of resources, better just implement more PvP features, so at least PvP players can enjoy the game more.
    TEKK3N said:
    Utinni said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Wizbuiz said:

Yes, I know that technically is PvE, but when the PvE is there to just create a PvP hotspot where PvP becomes the main activity, I am not sure it can be considered PvE.

My point was that developers often implement PvE in FFA games to attract the big PvE/PVX crowd, but I don’t think they want to play that kind of PvE.

I think that’s a waste of resources, better just implement more PvP features, so at least PvP players can enjoy the game more.
    Which FFA PvP games added PvE with intent to attract PvE players? I haven't seen meaningful PvE in any PvP game.
    Albion, Aria, Darkfall, EVE, for example.
    Also new games like New World and I think Crowfall plan to do the same.
    TEKK3N said:
    Albion, Aria, Darkfall, EVE, for example.
    Also new games like New World and I think Crowfall plan to do the same.
    Whats the PvE in those games that would be aimed at PvE players though? Harvesting? I don't remember raids etc in any of those games. 
    edited February 2020
    They have/had dungeons, while EvE has Missions where you can be podded by gankers.

edited February 2020
    TEKK3N said:
    Utinni said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Wizbuiz said:

I have no desire to play a game that is simply a battle arena.  I enjoy having some PvE content in PvP games.  Just as long as it's understood to support the greater PvP game.  DAoC is the greatest example of the type of game I enjoy.  There were bunches of PvE but it was all built to support the PvP game.

Edit to add:  Now that does not mean that a PvE focused game should have PvP in it.  I can enjoy a good, deep PvE only game as well.  They usually get off the rails when they start to add "optional PvP" with flags or battlegrounds.
    Utinni

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538

TEKK3N said:

Utinni said:

TEKK3N said:

Wizbuiz said:

You completely contradict yourself here. You start by saying that "the PvE is there to just create a PvP hotspot where PvP becomes the main activity". Then you go on to say that "developers often implement PvE in FFA games to attract the big PvE/PVX crowd".

So which is it?

As someone who has actually played Crowfall for the past 4 1/2 years, I can tell you it's not the latter. The PvE is nowhere near robust enough to satisfy PvE gamers. There are no raids or dungeons. There are no quests, either. Not in the traditional sense. The Divine Favor system they are adding in the next patch is meant to give players alternate ways (via crafting, harvesting and combat) to contribute to the war effort. The only thing that might appeal to PvE gamers is the crafting, but it's going to be hard to be successful as a crafter without risking PvP on occasion.
    edited February 2020
    Arkade99 said:

TEKK3N said:

Utinni said:

TEKK3N said:

Wizbuiz said:

You completely contradict yourself here. You start by saying that "the PvE is there to just create a PvP hotspot where PvP becomes the main activity". Then you go on to say that "developers often implement PvE in FFA games to attract the big PvE/PVX crowd".

So which is it?

There is no contradiction.
    It’s the classic getting two birds with one stone.

On one hand you get more PvE/PvX who try the game thinking there is some meaningful PVE, and who never had bothered otherwise.
    On the other hand PvP players have more people to kill.
    It’s a win win situation for the developers.

My issue is that when developers advertise a game as having PvE, it’s a bit deceiving those PvE/PvX players who think that this PvE doesn’t involve PvP, when in fact the main reason for it is for PvP players to have more easy ‘preys’ to kill.

TEKK3N said:
    Utinni said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Wizbuiz said:

I have no desire to play a game that is simply a battle arena.  I enjoy having some PvE content in PvP games.  Just as long as it's understood to support the greater PvP game.  DAoC is the greatest example of the type of game I enjoy.  There were bunches of PvE but it was all built to support the PvP game.

Edit to add:  Now that does not mean that a PvE focused game should have PvP in it.  I can enjoy a good, deep PvE only game as well.  They usually get off the rails when they start to add "optional PvP" with flags or battlegrounds.
    I agree.
    You can have FFA games without having ‘meaningful ‘ PvE.
    That’s why I don’t like developers tricking PvE/PvX players into thinking the game offers content for them.

Didn’t you notice recent FFA games flip flopping on whether they have PvE content or not?
    Why even mention there is PvE in it and confuse everybody?

Just say this is a FFA PvP game and that’s all there is, if you are confident your game is a good PvP game,  don’t mention PvE (even if there is a functional PvE).
    Why?
    FFA PvP players don’t care about PvE content at all.

The only reason developers do it is to attract PvE/PvX players which they never had bothered trying the game otherwise.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Setting aside the issue of whether giving out these rewards is a good or bad thing (because I'm still on my second cup of coffee and in no mood), the rewards themselves are pretty nice. I love the "Crowfall Hero Name and Sigil." Wish I had something like that in every game. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154

Wizbuiz said:

Bullsheet… and more bullsheet... It isn't a PvE game at all and was never advertised as one. Massive customization of powers and promotion class, this poster has zero clue about the game whatsoever.
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited February 2020

"The only reason developers do it is to attract PvE/PvX players which they never had bothered trying the game otherwise."

The actual reason you add PvE to PvP games is not to exclusively create hot spots, in this case it is more to give a new player experience and familiarize the new player with combat mechanics, skills, and character powers in various builds before sending them out into the danger zone. It also adds another level and intricacy to the crafting system adding complexity in obtaining crafting components through certain mob drops. This also creates a more robust economic and political loop. If you can control certain mob drops within your territory you can also corner and attempt to control the market for those rare commodities and resources.
    Post edited by Frykka on