Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fresh new EverQuest being developed?

13»

Comments

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    I'd play it. 

I loved EQ1. Loved EQ2. Loved the idea of EQNext. 

Would certainly be interested in whatever comes next. 
    kitaradUngood
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Deyirn said:
    DBG doesn't have the resources to make a Q-tip, let alone a decent, new game.
    How do they even exist is my question? They screwed up everything they own and yet people pay them money...
    Messed up?

If you believe that "DBG" bought SoE to "nurture", "protect" and maybe even "grow" the games then - maybe - they have messed up.

Different perspective:

If, like me, you believe they simply bought them to run into the ground, make back what they paid and then turn a profit they probably haven't messed up.

Shedding staff and closing games as they become unprofitable is exactly what they would do if their intent was simply to turn a profit before the final curtain came down.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    What they should do is go the Runescape old skool route and put eq1 on mobile. If that's too hard maybe take assets from eq1 and make something either turn based game like Marvel strike force or a dungeon crawler loot game both with deep character progression. Remember when EA used WAR assets to make wrath of heroes or whatever it was called. Modern gamers are not willing to go deep into eq1 cause it's too complex for them but if you use what already exists in beloved eq1 and reforge it there may be something there cause the races, classes in eq1 taps into that certain type of fantasy realm like no other IMO.
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Well they have still managed to put out a couple of expansions. So at least someone can code.
    AlBQuirky
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.