Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eden Falling is Back After Securing Over $1.3M in Funding - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageEden Falling is Back After Securing Over $1.3M in Funding - MMORPG.com

It looks like Eden Falling is back after securing over $1.3 million in funding.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    It's back? First I've heard of it. Looks like Fallen Earth.
    Albatroes
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Don't care anymore....when it releases call me. 
    alkarionlog[Deleted User]
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Oh man how big business the funding and kickstarter is. Dont even have to publish just get the money for some nice pics, video and promises.
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    lol pvp and permadeath... that'll be fun. /sarcasm
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited February 2020
    I have a feeling this team doesn't realize how little 1.3M when you're working on a game.....of course if its like 2d or for mobile or something....cause we all should have phones by now...
    Scotty787
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I didn't see enough in videos i watched to get any feel for the game at all.It looks likely a very small team of 1-5 people.
    If the time spent is legit,like a minimum of 3 solid years,a small team can build a decent game on a small budget.5 people is like 220k a year each,that is a lot of money,so we could equate that to another 2 years worth of work at 125 k each.
    if you ever seen the old video of Epic Citadel done by basically one person albeit with an already intact great mobile game engine you would see what is possible.So if there were 2-3 people building the maps and maybe an added helping with art assets,they could pull it off in 3 years albeit would have to be a smallish game.

The trouble is most kickstarters are not really there for the ride,they want money up front,they want backers to hand them money,they want to basically sell the game before it is a game.So we will NEVER know if the effort is long term,imo not likely because once a game is considered released "money taken"there is very little that follows.
    Steam pretty much nails it when they mention not to expect any further development.It is not because they CARE about consumers,more so to cover their ass for selling rubbish or unfinished games.
    This game is a prime example of a KS'r,they have VERY little to show us,everything is just a money push.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• maria852369maria852369 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited February 2020
    Eden Falling is Back After Securing Over $1.3M in Funding. It looks like Eden Falling is back after securing over $1.3 million in funding. The details come via a press release of sorts on the Razor Edge website. The funding appears to have been secured from the Arizona Commerce Department. dqfansurvey.com
    Post edited by maria852369 on
  • mackjonemackjone Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited September 2020
    Gracious man how huge business the subsidizing and kickstarter is. Dont even need to distribute simply get the cash for some pleasant pics, video and guarantees vpn black friday
    Post edited by mackjone on