Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile getting DDOS

bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
The current conspiracy is that its blizzard or diablo 3s team to be more exact is behind it, of course realistically its most likely d3/blizz fanbois.

Comments

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by bbbb42
    The current conspiracy is that its blizzard or diablo 3s team to be more exact is behind it, of course realistically its most likely d3/blizz fanbois.

Sorry if I sound dumb here,but what is DDOS?

Edit nvm looked it up and yea that suck's.Someone afraid of this game?

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

Most likely Blizzard or blizzard fanboys.

Blizzard are a bunch of kids anyway.

• lufiazlufiaz Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Yea, that really sucks, especially when you're choosing your next skill gem from quest rewards.
  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by Slappy1

You overload the servers with information. Try open 10 games at the same time, your harddrive will be slow and your computer will then shut down. Sometimes the harddrive can overheat, in this case the servers.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Well that's just plain mean.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

DDOS - distributed denial of service.

It's a type of internet attack where the server is overloaded with requests by the attacking computers that it is no longer able to function at performing it's tasks.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Really? It's Blizzard or their fans? That seems like jumping the gun a bit, especially without any real evidence. Couldn't it just be a fan turned malicious?

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    lol oh noes my game is getting ddos'ed or mayb servers are shit, lets blame some other games fans that makes complete sense X)
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I think of DDOS like someone throwing a baseball for another person to catch.

Normally it's fine and easy.

The DDOS is like if tens of thousands of baseballs were thrown to the person catching at the same time as the real one.  Then he can't catch it.

Just another way to think of it.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by eyelolled

DDOS - distributed denial of service.

It's a type of internet attack where the server is overloaded with requests by the attacking computers that it is no longer able to function at performing it's tasks.

Thank's.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Makes more sense that PoE can't handle the strain, so they are sending out their rabid fanboys out to spread disinformation in order to deflect the blame.
  • DeathreatDeathreat Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Damn fanboys. This company deserves all the attention its getting for making a great game, and people need to go and mess it up for them is just plain pathetic.
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by saintriku92
    lol oh noes my game is getting ddos'ed or mayb servers are shit, lets blame some other games fans that makes complete sense X)

~.~  They had info about it on the front page while the servers were down, btw my expirence has been lag free the only issue i had was when the servers got slammed when open beta started.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    bbbb42 said:
    sorry, but the normal blizz casual doesn't even know how to ddos propperly ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    So when Blizzard gets DDOS'd it is PoE fans?
    jimmywolf
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    necro