Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nothing on Wolcen Launch?

MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
ARPG guys, its good, tons of fun, check it out, get in game, support the devs they are great

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Wait a few days/weeks for the bugs to be ironed out, especially with online play.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Utinni said:
    Wait a few days/weeks for the bugs to be ironed out, especially with online play.
    I have been playing about a year, so not worried about it, playing solo to get my 3 guys leveled up I plan

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    been playing in offline mode, seems fun so far. I really like the art design.
    Iselin
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I already have 3 Diablo-based games.  Why would I need this one?
    Mikeha
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Dibdabs said:
    I already have 3 Diablo-based games.  Why would I need this one?
    For the same reason(s) you bought 3 other diablo based games?
    maskedweaselIselinIceAgeJayFiveAliveMikehaCryomatrix
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Each time I try to play I keep getting connectivity issues with playing online. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited February 2020
    They went from having not quite 2,000 concurrent players online before launch to a peak of 69,000. Steamcharts also showed yesterday over 200,000 so that's about 2/3 playing offline... and it's the weekend so the numbers will go up.

If you actually manage to play online consider yourself lucky.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Maybe they haven't put anything up because they can't actually play the game atm between server issues and apparent game breaking progress bugs?
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Does it have a summoner class yet and is such a class any good?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Does it have a summoner class yet and is such a class any good?
    It's hit and miss at the moment. The golem tank summon is very good gets aggro and holds it, can take a beating and has a taunt shout on command, etc. The melee and zombie summons are pretty bad: low health and low DPS.

But it does have an awesome skill called Parasite. You channel a damage beam that leeches health back to you and if you kill the mob with it, it regenerates to full health and becomes your pet until it gets killed. It can be used multiple times for several extra summons - not sure if it has a limit.

Linif
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I had a thread on it on stuff I read about on the steam forums before the launch. A few hours before. 

I too am playing offline. My god so many players. No wonder it is hard to play online. I never make it on any charts anyway so playing offline is no bother  to me.
    Chamber of Chains
    edited February 2020
    Iselin said:
    They went from having not quite 2,000 concurrent players online before launch to a peak of 69,000. Steamcharts also showed yesterday over 200,000 so that's about 2/3 playing offline... and it's the weekend so the numbers will go up.

If you actually manage to play online consider yourself lucky.
    Peak was 95,720 just checked. Way more playing offline. Amazing what a runaway success. I hope the summoner class the one I play will get improved soon. Meanwhile playing offline.

https://steamcharts.com/app/424370
    Chamber of Chains
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    One of the best ARPG's for class hybridization i've played. Playing a melee mage summoner thingy. Seems a good solid base to expand upon.
  • Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Mykell said:
    One of the best ARPG's for class hybridization i've played. Playing a melee mage summoner thingy. Seems a good solid base to expand upon.
    Thats one thing I really like too. In POE you can play a melee or archer that does elemental damage, but you're still a melee/archer. In Wolcen you can do a true melee and spell, since casting spells increases your melee resource and visa versa. The infinity blades skill especially is very fun on a melee as a way to generate more rage.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Running with a turret/poison/dualwield guns thingie, I’ll just make my own steampunk class  B)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     I put near 4 years into testing and bug squashing into Wolcen /Umbra , the devs did a remarkable job of listening to feedback on these builds to get them to where they are today , They have a very creative team there and Wolcens future is bright ... You guys are gonna really like the beautiful housing system they have also .. really well done
    Myrdynn
    Scorchien said:
     I put near 4 years into testing and bug squashing into Wolcen /Umbra , the devs did a remarkable job of listening to feedback on these builds to get them to where they are today , They have a very creative team there and Wolcens future is bright ... You guys are gonna really like the beautiful housing system they have also .. really well done
    I love housing cannot wait. I also decorated my place in Path of Exile it lagged like hell because of the stuff I had.
    Scorchien
    Chamber of Chains
  • DivyneDivyne Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Im loving this game. I too have played pretty much every ARPG that I could get my hands on. Some I loved, some not so much. This one checks all the boxes for me so far. 

The environments are beautifully done. I have read that some say it causes their PC's to run hot, I havent had this problem, so I cant really speak on it. 

The combat feels weighty, it just feels good, not too flashy..just *chef's kiss*. The "talent" tree for each skill and the huge general skill tree makes me excited for all the builds that are possible. 

I havent made it too far in to the story, but so far it has me intrigued. 

It has the random "mini" dungeons ( think cellars from D3 )  throughout the maps.  Which to me always makes me happy, extra chance at loot and different environment to help break up the map you are doing. 

So far, so good. 

There are bad things, dont get me wrong, the character creator is kind of crap. The women are really disproportionate. Obviously if you read the reviews, there are some bugs ( again I havent experienced any yet ). You cant play Online right now. There is no way to see your buffs/debuffs ( you can see debuffs that mobs put on you, just not the ones YOU put on the mobs or buffs that are on you ). 

Overall, I find the game very enjoyable, the end game sounds like it will be interesting, we shall see. I think if you are really on the fence about the game, just wait a week or so and see what they get fixed. At this point, I think this game has amazing potential, its just a matter of how fast the devs can get some of these issues taken care of. 

Servers been down for 12+ hours as of writing this. Good thing theres offline mode.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    They definitely were not ready for the amount of people that want to play it. Servers haven't been working properly since launch, hopefully this downtime fixes it. Really cool so far. 
    Playing a plaguebringer. Loving it.
    Myrdynn
    Chamber of Chains
    They definitely were not ready for the amount of people that want to play it. Servers haven't been working properly since launch, hopefully this downtime fixes it. Really cool so far. 
    Hopefully they add grouping with this downtime. Co-op was why I bought the game. 
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    this game, when it works, is decent but it's nowhere near release ready at all.
    it's in a beta state right now and the release should have been pushed back for at least another few months to iron out the gamebreaking bugs and the minor bugs.
    i don't know what they expected tbh.
    all it takes is a simple playthrough, you don't even need a QA team for that. just play through your damn game and if you really think the state of the game is fine for release, get a job in politics not in game dev. that way you can sell lies and get away with it.