Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - End of the Beginning Part 7 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 - End of the Beginning Part 7 - MMORPG.com

It’s time once again to pick back up on my replay of the story of Guild Wars 2. Last time I had just finished with the first expansion Heart of Thorns story. Mordremoth had been vanquished but at the cost of also killing Trahearne to prevent the Elder Dragon from taking over his mind. Additionally, during the cutscene at the end of the HoT storyline, we also saw what looked like an explosion of ley magic come out of Mordremoth and spread out into many directions. One of these directions was right to Glint’s egg in Auric Basin.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128
    I love the storytelling in GW2...but I hate the puzzly type of content that they inflict on you as you play through story-mode, though. Very frustrating!
    [Deleted User]foxgirl
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Or the beginning of the end?
    UngoodPuReDusT
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I recently started playing gw2 on a brand new account with all of the content and expansions unlocked. I've been playing the story content again with two friends, doing dungeons, fractals, open world, spvp, and world vs world (only on the weekends) and i gotta say Ive been having tons of fun with it.

I feel like because I know where everything thing is and know how to do everything, I can just relax and enjoy the game at my own pace. Lots of the content we've been doing, i havent done it in years. Ive also been experiencing the so called "grind" of getting mastery levels.

Once you know where stuff is and the many multiple ways to acquire experience its not that bad. You just play the game normally and sometimes go off the beaten path to get a mastery point. And having a friend who plays mesmer and has portal is great!
    ArleeThupli

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    I thought the story went something like we were no longer fighting the dragons and we need them or something.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Anyway.. I think I might be passing on this one as well.. I stopped doing stories since HoT, and only did the "Entrance" story in PoF.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    just let the game end already!
    bcbully

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Tokken said:
    just let the game end already!
    Oh that won't happen any time soon.

I wager this will limp a long a bit longer as they seek to do all they can to reclaim their former glory and recover from their massive screw ups.

It's a crying Pity too, I mean, if they never went into the direction of trying to please the hardcore vocal minority, and kept their idyllically little casuals playground, they might have been one of the Top games on the market today. 

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I should redo the story. I loved HoT! PoF was good, but not as good as HoT or Icebrood Saga, imho.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Ungood said:
    I thought the story went something like we were no longer fighting the dragons and we need them or something.
    Well, this is something built up through background lore and foreshadowing for a while. 

The elder dragons are a dangerous existential threat, but they are also a necessary part of Tyria's magical cycle. When magic builds up to dangerous levels, the dragons awake to consume it. Then they fall asleep and slowly bleed magic back into the world. The consumption and hording of vast sums of magic is also what makes them so violent and insane in the first place, as we see in the Bloodstone Fen explosion where a sudden acute magic overexposure makes the mortals in the blast zone act in much the same way that the dragons do.

So Tyria is between a rock and a hard place. Kill the dragons and upset nature to the point of calamity or spare the dragons and face their wrath.

The solution is to replace them with suitable, more sympathetic beings like Aurene. (Of course, as per what we know of magic sickness, there is no logical reason why these replacements wouldn't also eventually go mad).