Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation = Star Citizen 2.0

2»

Comments

• GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Arterius said:
    Gigabear said:

Who are you again?
    Just some random gamer who got really passionate about AoC, the creative director took a liking to me, and then when I complained about the BR I got "community banned." I then spent a year showing how futile that concept was. I'm discussed constantly on the official discord despite being banned from it for over a year. They think everyone new is me. Can't make up their mind whether I'm the Phoenix Initative member or the new paladin guy. Spoiler alert, I'm neither. 

TLDR, BR drama has created an interesting situation with me which is too complex to explain easily.
    This is the biggest lie I have ever read on the internet. Gigabear is one of the more famous AoC discord members because he was kind of a nutbag.
    The biggest lie ever? Are you sure? Cause I'm pretty confident I wasn't infamous until after the BR. You see, the post you quoted and your reply aren't in contradiction. Had the BR not happened, I'd be pretty much a nobody sitting here happily waiting for the MMORPG. But I guess it doesn't matter at this point, cause it did happen and I don't think anyone is happy with the results.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Gigabear said:
    Arterius said:
    Gigabear said:

Who are you again?
    Just some random gamer who got really passionate about AoC, the creative director took a liking to me, and then when I complained about the BR I got "community banned." I then spent a year showing how futile that concept was. I'm discussed constantly on the official discord despite being banned from it for over a year. They think everyone new is me. Can't make up their mind whether I'm the Phoenix Initative member or the new paladin guy. Spoiler alert, I'm neither. 

TLDR, BR drama has created an interesting situation with me which is too complex to explain easily.
    This is the biggest lie I have ever read on the internet. Gigabear is one of the more famous AoC discord members because he was kind of a nutbag.
    The biggest lie ever? Are you sure? Cause I'm pretty confident I wasn't infamous until after the BR. You see, the post you quoted and your reply aren't in contradiction. Had the BR not happened, I'd be pretty much a nobody sitting here happily waiting for the MMORPG. But I guess it doesn't matter at this point, cause it did happen and I don't think anyone is happy with the results.
    I mean, you are pretty much nobody, right?
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited December 2019
    Gigabear said:

Since you advise people to look up the definition of "libel while you're at it"; let me help clear up some of the things you got wrong with your own statements so you don't trip over your false statements.

Your first ban was on 27 October 2018. At this time the BR was still in closed stress testing.

Your second ban was on 15 November 2018.  At this time the BR was also still in closed stress testing.

I was traveling over the weekend around 27 October 2018 so I do not know with 100% certainty what your ban was over, to my knowledge it had nothing to do with the BR.

Your second ban was not due to anything BR related, but instead due to the fact that you threw a temper tantrum in the discord directed at the Creative Director because you were passed over for consideration as a moderator after Forcie and Cemmos were made mods.

Your Permaban which came around 25 November 2019. This was not due to the BR, it was due to your abuse of the ticket system. You had been banned from the community, continued to submit tickets about that ban even after you were told if you sent in any more tickets you would be perma banned, and then you were in fact subsequently permabanned.

The fact that you were vocal on social media was not the driving factor of your permaban, but your possible criminal activity was probably factored in. Since you like to throw around your $0.02 Cracker-Jack law advice, let me give you some. You have probably already violated California Penal Code 646.9 on two occasions.

I say probably because you have not been convicted of a crime, but I'm certain if Steven chose to pursue it, chances are you'd be found guilty.

You like to make grand statements like telling the discord they throw words like extortion around when not knowing what they really mean. Here's a news flash for you: some of the gamers who hang out in the Discord are actually attorneys. I know, shocking for you to try to comprehend.

If you really want to advocate, then advocate on the things that actually make sense. Every time you try to drag Intrepid's name through the mud, if you don't tell the truth and the whole story, people will fill in the blanks for you.

You are just bitter you got banned, but your ban was rightfully deserved. You want to speak out on the things that need to be addressed, then do so.

I pointed out a couple of things that need to be talked about. You want to take those topics and run with them...do it.
    Post edited by jahlon on
  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 63
    I'm just going to ignore the trolls.

So we had the stream today. The creative director's letter got delayed AGAIN into next year. Sieges will not be out this year. No dates on anything. The only MMORPG related video we got was a bunch of red UE4 mannequins running around.

In short, a total disappointment when we really needed good news. Calling AoC Star Citizen is honestly a bit insulting to SC, which at least has something playable related to the game they crowdfunded.
    So to correct the record since the guy above me is a troll who is permabanned from not only the Ashes of Creation community but also one of his two accounts is permabanned.  

The letter was not officially delayed into next year.  Steven will be working on the letter over the Christmas Break at the studio.  It was originally slated for a Christmas delivery, but that may get delayed.   

• Yes, this is a valid concern that they can't seem to manage to write a Creative Director's letter when all they have to do is put something on paper.  

Sieges will be in testing starting with the Phoenix Initiative Teasers today Thursday, 18 December 2019 at 1300 Pacific Time.

• While not the level of testing we were hoping for, it is progress.   

Gdemami
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    AoC becomes SC when they get 11 yrs in and still trying to get the whales to pay more for ships.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    the tea in this thread, tbh..
  • CacolacoCacolaco Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Iselin said:
    Xodic said:
    If they didn't take advantage of those people, someone else would.
    There are over 7 billion people on Earth, and we're all idiots. The only difference is that some people know it.
    Speak for yourself but 3.5 billion of those are below average intelligence... that's just math :)
    I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself, I had to comment. That's actually not how math works. Half the global population is not below average intelligence.
    CopperfieldIselinGdemami

I'm just waiting for a F2P overhyped sandbox WoW clone with full PVP, epic raid bosses, instanced group content, and Crysis-quality graphics to come out. That, or something fun.

• SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    jahlon said:
    Yes, Intrepid has shown that they are aggressively selling products that they do not have ready, the truth is players don't have to buy them.  

If you don't want to own the stuff, just don't buy it.   Its just that simple.

wow! just wow!  There is a whole psychology behind getting players into payers and it does not matter if it is cosmetic or pay to win. For someone who has played Archeage I would think you would know better. There are guilds in that game that expected you to swipe your credit card and there were guild leaders who treated their members like unpaid employees so the guild leader can have more to RMT. 

Even if it is just cosmetic items the game is selling, peer pressure makes people spend even if they don't really want to. In fortnight for example that only has cosmetic items, kids have been bullied for having the default skin.

and this

There are people who develop addictions to games and spend money they really don't have like this man

In the comments below that article there are people telling their personal stories about that. Let's not forget about this gem. The title of the video is "Let's go whaling: Tricks for monetizing mobile and free to play games"

or this one where the Jimquistion talks about a company that helps game companies turn players into payers

If you want to be a corporate shill then fine but for the love of all that is good, stop regurgitating that old corporate line "If you don't want to own the stuff, just don't buy it" for plenty of people out there, that isn't true.

IselinGdemami
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    I avoided AoC BECAUSE of Star Citizen, and boy am I glad I did. There is so much drama involved in both "games" that aren't even released yet, usually a warning sign to most...but like a lantern to moths to others...apparently. These will be the nigerian prince scams of gaming until they arent..wouldn't hold my breath.
    FrykkaNorseGod
  • RetriiRetrii Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited February 2020
    I saw this advertised years ago, and just saw it now why browsing down the game list to see if anything takes me fancy untill PSO2 or Blue protocal comes out, and i saw this bessy.

I clicked the website link, all i can do is register or browse the cash shop. No images of the game, no vids, nothing? Just a Website that is basically a cash shop selling stuff for a game that does not yet exist. I decided to register and login to see if that unlocks any kind of news, community hub, forums, world lore, ANYTHING.

Nope, They have a website, a login system and a cash shop?

WOW, what has the gaming industry come to, they really are taking the piss now, and people are still falling for this?

I followed Star citizen for 7 years, and recently (december during work leave) decided to buy the most basic $50 package and check it out, as its now apparently in a "decent playable state" according to tons of reviews.

Guess what, within 24 hours i requested a refund (couple hours play time), 2 weeks later and no respond from them, not even a recognition that i requested the refund. I Then threatening to get my bank involved and claim back the money and any intrest on the money at a compound rate set by a loan company for any time after the message, i get it refunded instantly, it was refunded within 2 hours of the message, they claimed some BS story how its a busy time of the year, over worked etc. The game was still in a unstable, unplayable buggy way. After visiting the forums, i got shot down by the fanboys. I Laughed and said ill see them in 8 more years, as im sure they will still be around as they wont want to loose hope on their £5000 worth of pixil ship investments, my posts/account was deleted, guess it was due to the refund?. Missions, quests, mining didnt work, pve combat was so hard it was unreal, events didnt trigger, endlessly falling through the enviroment and dying, opening doors and voids existing on the other side, ship's vanishing / being randomly destoyed to name a few in my hours of play.

So i guess this is another scam game just like star citizen. The worse thing is, even main stream AAA companys are becoming like this. Bethesda, Blizzard and more come to mind, releasing fully funded AAA games, in piss poor conditions, milking the gaming community for everything they can in pre-orders and cash shops, then falling way short.

PS: This is my first post on this account i recently made, however i have been using mmorpg for well over a decade now, maybe close to 15 years now and love it. Always come swinging by, i think its time i post more about my exieriences across all the games ive played and the tens of thousands of hours i have spent gaming.
    KyleranGdemami
    edited April 2020
    Retrii said:
    I saw this advertised years ago, and just saw it now why browsing down the game list to see if anything takes me fancy untill PSO2 or Blue protocal comes out, and i saw this bessy.

I clicked the website link, all i can do is register or browse the cash shop. No images of the game, no vids, nothing? Just a Website that is basically a cash shop selling stuff for a game that does not yet exist. I decided to register and login to see if that unlocks any kind of news, community hub, forums, world lore, ANYTHING.

Nope, They have a website, a login system and a cash shop?

WOW, what has the gaming industry come to, they really are taking the piss now, and people are still falling for this?

I followed Star citizen for 7 years, and recently (december during work leave) decided to buy the most basic $50 package and check it out, as its now apparently in a "decent playable state" according to tons of reviews.

Guess what, within 24 hours i requested a refund (couple hours play time), 2 weeks later and no respond from them, not even a recognition that i requested the refund. I Then threatening to get my bank involved and claim back the money and any intrest on the money at a compound rate set by a loan company for any time after the message, i get it refunded instantly, it was refunded within 2 hours of the message, they claimed some BS story how its a busy time of the year, over worked etc. The game was still in a unstable, unplayable buggy way. After visiting the forums, i got shot down by the fanboys. I Laughed and said ill see them in 8 more years, as im sure they will still be around as they wont want to loose hope on their £5000 worth of pixil ship investments, my posts/account was deleted, guess it was due to the refund?. Missions, quests, mining didnt work, pve combat was so hard it was unreal, events didnt trigger, endlessly falling through the enviroment and dying, opening doors and voids existing on the other side, ship's vanishing / being randomly destoyed to name a few in my hours of play.

So i guess this is another scam game just like star citizen. The worse thing is, even main stream AAA companys are becoming like this. Bethesda, Blizzard and more come to mind, releasing fully funded AAA games, in piss poor conditions, milking the gaming community for everything they can in pre-orders and cash shops, then falling way short.

PS: This is my first post on this account i recently made, however i have been using mmorpg for well over a decade now, maybe close to 15 years now and love it. Always come swinging by, i think its time i post more about my exieriences across all the games ive played and the tens of thousands of hours i have spent gaming.

No idea what you clicked, but when you go to ashesofcreation.com there is MMO and News at the top

Click on MMO and it takes you some information about the game
    Click on News and it takes you news, videos, images of the game.

You must have missed it

https://ashesofcreation.com/news