Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2: Warlords of New York Impressions - Video - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Division 2: Warlords of New York Impressions - Video - MMORPG.com

Steven had the chance to go hands on at Ubisoft's The Division 2: Warlords of New York expansion recently. Here are his thoughts on the expansion as it's shaping up right now.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    lmao, well asking gamers to throw more money at a train wreck, really, Div 2 failed as Div 1 offers the same taste but it has more dlc and div 1 has been cannibalising on Div 2, which begs the question does ubisoft has a clue what they are doing? as Div 2 could had easily be another DLC therefore adding both player based from Div 1 and Div 2 together. Just stay clear and in 6 months time, this dlc will be heavily discounted to try and entice more players which happened to Div 1.... another ubisoft failed!!!
    Groqstrong[Deleted User]KnightESTinfomatzQuicksand
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Elminzter said:
    lmao, well asking gamers to throw more money at a train wreck, really, Div 2 failed as Div 1 offers the same taste but it has more dlc and div 1 has been cannibalising on Div 2, which begs the question does ubisoft has a clue what they are doing? as Div 2 could had easily be another DLC therefore adding both player based from Div 1 and Div 2 together. Just stay clear and in 6 months time, this dlc will be heavily discounted to try and entice more players which happened to Div 1.... another ubisoft failed!!!
    Eh, the expansion hasn't even released yet, but there's been queues to get into the game recently. I had to wait as much as 10 minutes to get into a game at times. Doesn't seem like a failure to me. 
    Groqstrongklash2definfomatz

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

Elminzter said:

Can you explain how it was a train wreck? Other than gearing at end game and some bugs, the gameplay, gunplay, grouping, dark zone, visuals, music is on point.
    TenohirainfomatzHatefullQuicksand
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I still enjoy Division 1 more then D2 but D2 isn't that bad. The combat for me is awesome and there's enough variety that I can pick which levels I went to focus on during my game play. Devs make some strange decisions like putting a timer on a sniper rifle and no cross hairs on the flame thrower but nothing game stopping for me.

Don't feel moved to get the expansion yet, may just wait for reviews after launch and/or a sale.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    Div 2 right now is only $2.99. Its got tons of content already for new players and a great coop game with some pvp. Personally, I think Div 2 pve is better then Div 1, but I think Div 1 had better pvp.

The game in its current state is definitely worth the money.
    strawhat0981KnightESTGroqstrongScotty787Tenohiraklash2definfomatzTacticalZombehrojoArcueid

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Elminzter said:

I wouldn’t say Div 2 is a complete failure.

It was super fun for about 95% but then you get to the end and it has no decent endgame. The raid was garbage too. And build variety was nonexistent as DPS builds shit on skill builds.

I got 450 hours out of my $60 so was very happy. Story was ok, combat was fun, group content was ok. Plenty of collectibles. Awesome.

And then they fucked up the endgame loop. Oh well.

I’ll be happy to buy this AFTER it’s been out for a few months and they prove they’ve fixed the issues. If they can.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949

The Division 2 is an awesome and fun game. I don't get hate it receives. I think it is a live service game done right. 

As a side note the game is $2.99 USD right now on all platforms, including PC  

A lot of the hate is from people who haven't even played it. The game right now is absolutely worth the full retail price. Anytime its on sale it's a steal IMO.
    maskedweaselinfomatzHatefullOctagon7711ZenJelly
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    The Division 2 is an awesome and fun game. I don't get hate it receives. I think it is a live service game done right. 

It's 9.99 euro close to 10 euros now. Bah no 3 bucks . Bloody tax.

• Deadman_JackDeadman_Jack Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited February 2020

Elminzter said:

lmao, well asking gamers to throw more money at a train wreck, ... another ubisoft failed!!!

I have to disagree. Very solid game and I've had lots of fun in it. I do need to go back and check out Div 1 though (Since they seemed to have fixed it some time ago) as I quit playing soon after release .

Edit: word order
    maskedweasel
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    kitarad said:

It's 9.99 euro close to 10 euros now. Bah no 3 bucks . Bloody tax.
    I wonder if you could find it somewhere cheaper, I don't think it's region locked.. but I'm not sure.

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    I played on launch for the first few months. Felt like I easily got my monies worth and enjoyed playing it. Eventually hit a wall at end game and got bored. I think I may hop back in and look around not that its been some time.