Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review Day at the studio

2»

Comments

• DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Talking about starved. It‘s just the maps again and the (soonish) continuation of a sales event. Indulge yourselves:

https://www.chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34689/settlers-of-elyria-update-2
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Look at that poor guy wasting his time taking notes...whatever is being used right now will be scrapped soon to start anew and save time anyway...
    Actually they zoomed in on it and apparently he was doodling/drawing through the whole thing.  Not joking.
    strawhat0981

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's Runescape agility training

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited February 2020
    I'll be honest....this just looks like someone screwing around on that old Everquest builder thing that Sony said would be used to make stuff for Everquest Next back when people had hopes and dreams. But hey, if some backers are happy with this level of "progress," more power to them.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Look at that poor guy wasting his time taking notes...whatever is being used right now will be scrapped soon to start anew and save time anyway...
    Actually they zoomed in on it and apparently he was doodling/drawing through the whole thing.  Not joking.
    Isn’t that their entire Modus Operandi?

His team does look pretty healthy considering the number of times they have been thrown in front of a bus.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Deveronanemo
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Albatroes said:
    I'll be honest....this just looks like someone screwing around on that old Everquest builder thing that Sony said would be used to make stuff for Everquest Next back when people had hopes and dreams. But hey, if some backers are happy with this level of "progress," more power to them.
    Unity probably.
    It’s free and you can make a working demo of a game in days.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Perhaps he's one of their artists? 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited February 2020
    lahnmir said:
    Isn’t that their entire Modus Operandi?

His team does look pretty healthy considering the number of times they have been thrown in front of a bus.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Speaking of the team, there's been some speculation around whether the most recent hires were to expand the size of it.

I'm starting to think they were replacements as during a Discord debate yesterday with a caustic backer Serpentus defended their "slow pace" by saying they've done the best they could for a team of less than 20.

Most believed the team was previously at this mark last year, but I had my doubts once speculating it might be under 15 based on how few ever made a public appearance, looks as if I was on the mark.

Especially if the team is still under 20 at this point unless Serpentus's comment was in the past tense, but I doubt it.

Those with long memories may recall the team stood at about 30 members near the end of 2017 when Caspian laid off a third of them (likely most of the artists) due to the shift away from the SpatialOS solution.

Since they continue to hire backend folks looks as if it will be awhile until they focus on graphic improvements. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Kyleran said:

Speaking of the team, there's been some speculation around whether the most recent hires were to expand the size of it.

I'm starting to think they were replacements as during a Discord debate yesterday with a caustic backer Serpentus defended their "slow pace" by saying they've done the best they could for a team of less than 20.

Most believed the team was previously at this mark last year, but I had my doubts once speculating it might be under 15 based on how few ever made a public appearance, looks as if I was on the mark.

Especially if the team is still under 20 at this point unless Serpentus's comment was in the past tense, but I doubt it.

Those with long memories may recall the team stood at about 30 members near the end of 2017 when Caspian laid off a third of them (likely most of the artists) due to the shift away from the SpatialOS solution.

Since they continue to hire backend folks looks as if it will be awhile until they focus on graphic improvements. 
    I find that interesting when reading it. I'm sure Caspian said somewhere they were closer to 30 people now. Under 20, how many walked away last year? Or got fired. 

Would make more sense to me and that they really have more money. Not that they are using the current sale to hire heaps more people. More they are using it to rehire people back up to 20
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Kyleran said:
    Perhaps he's one of their artists? 

Close up of the doodle.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018