Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grats to Saga of Lucimia

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
Currently ranked #1 on this website under "Top Voted Games." Our votes. Woot!

I mean, it's not an Oscar. But hey.

I really like this game, btw. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

[Deleted User]Panther2103Kyleran[Deleted User]RenfailMikeha[Deleted User]SlyLoKUngoodGhavriggand 2 others.

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    wow so only the 10 players who play teh game voted on it? never heard of it btw, even less when they made the votes
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    wow so only the 10 players who play teh game voted on it? never heard of it btw, even less when they made the votes
    One of the devs posts here quite often and there have been plenty of news articles on it. 
    MendelAmathe
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited February 2020
    One of the devs posts here quite often and there have been plenty of news articles on it. 
    Console playing casuals and BR lovers aren't very likely to follow this game, I'm sure for most their eyes glaze over when mention is made of the group centric, cooperative design.

Mentioning the word "challenge" is often a non starter as well.

;)
    MendelSovrathAmatheRenfailDibdabs[Deleted User]Slapshot1188GeekyLackingMMO

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Of all the other indie projects, this one seems to have far fewer issues and problems.  Tim seems to know enough to keep any dirty laundry, if it exists, out of the public's eye.  He and his team are to be commended for that, at the very least.

Not bad for armchair developers.  Goooooo!  Team SoL.  (Even though I'm not likely to make any long-term commitment to this game, an indie team that is actually doing things like keeping promises, proper IT development, and the like fills me with hope for the future of this genre).

AmatheRenfailKyleranbcbully

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    edited February 2020
    Amathe said:
    Currently ranked #1 on this website under "Top Voted Games." Our votes. Woot!

I mean, it's not an Oscar. But hey.

I really like this game, btw. 
    Cool beans :) 

And hey, the algorithm may change tomorrow, some trolls who have never played our game may go downvote us, who knows? 

But for now, it's a cool little "feather in the hat" to see us pop up in the #1 slot. 
    bcbullyAmatheRelampago
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
    Mendel said:
    Of all the other indie projects, this one seems to have far fewer issues and problems.  Tim seems to know enough to keep any dirty laundry, if it exists, out of the public's eye.  He and his team are to be commended for that, at the very least.

Not bad for armchair developers.  Goooooo!  Team SoL.  (Even though I'm not likely to make any long-term commitment to this game, an indie team that is actually doing things like keeping promises, proper IT development, and the like fills me with hope for the future of this genre).

We've had our fair share of missteps (curse of being newbies at all of this), but thankfully we've been able to learn from those mistakes and keep on plugging, despite a few scuffed hands and scraped knees :) 

We're not perfect, but it's been steady progress since we kicked things off in 2014, and investors + our community are happy with us, and that's all that matters to us at this stage of things. 

We'll be sharing a slew of new footage in March with the pre-order store re-opening, and folks can see what we've been working on. Still a lot of work left to do, but we take things one day at a time. 

Has served us well so far.
    edited February 2020
    Whole slew of new articles are about to start coming out in March as well :) We're already slated to appear on several streamer's Twitch/YouTube channels, we've got our own teaser streams starting later this month, a preview stream on March 18th on our Twitch channel scheduled to go live, and some media sites prepping Q/A sessions with us that will be going live in March + April. 

Stay tuned :) 

Also, it's expected that not everyone has heard of us. We don't have any celebrity attached to our names, we've never developed a title before, we've done zero press to-date (other than interviews as they have approached us and our own blog posts/social media) and we've been dark the last year in closed alpha working with investment money rather than hyping a pre-order store and hawking pledges to keep us in the public eye. 

Although, we're about to re-open that store in a couple of months, so =P Time to let those "greedy developer" accusations fly!~
    MikehaPanther2103Kyleran
    Kyleran said:
    Console playing casuals and BR lovers aren't very likely to follow this game, I'm sure for most their eyes glaze over when mention is made of the group centric, cooperative design.

;)
    Don't forget "subscription-based, buy-to-play". All trigger words for a select few =P

AmatheKyleran
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    There is also the book, Echos of the Past. Reading that is on my to do list. But I am waiting to read it until closer to release, so i don't forget everything.
    RenfailKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    There is also the book, Echos of the Past. Reading that is on my to do list. But I am waiting to read it until closer to release, so i don't forget everything.
    We've got one guy (and his brother) who are on their third read-through, if I'm not mistaken! They were pinging me over the holidays with notes and questions on timelines, locations, all these little things like "does it snow in X location" and "where is tavern Y in relation to location Z mentioned in this chapter". 

Some folks take their lore even more seriously than I do! :) 
    Amathe
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Congratz, I hope it turns out well.
    Pantheon and this game are on my radar, I hope to play one of the two soon.
    RenfailAmatheTokken
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    DMKano said:
    Renfail said:
    Kyleran said:

;)
    Don't forget "subscription-based, buy-to-play". All trigger words for a select few =P

Not anymore - b2p sub based is the standard again
    He forgot to mention there's no cash shop also. 
    RenfailKyleran
    TEKK3N said:
    Our whole team is on board for Pantheon. We can't wait to play!

Amathe
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited February 2020
    He has also volunteered to do an interview with the site if they reach out to him but as far as I know, they have not.  @ShankTheTank
    Renfail

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2020
    Not interested in some pro rated streamers hype up a game,matter of fact i am losing more interest by the day to streamers in general,they are all sell outs for money.

Hype,votes also do not matter to me,just show me the goods and explain why i might want to play it.Superficial ideas do NOT win me over.

I am also really not interested in interviews either,those are ALWAYS bull ,just more hype advertising.Make a video with valuable information and explained game design ideas that interest me,show it on your website.
    I lost track at how many games of recent i have bought that were extremely disappointing to the point they all look like super lazy cheap game designs.

I will be straight up frank,at this point in time,2020,i EXPECT at the very least a FFXI 2.0,better yet if a 3.0.I have zero use for Wow clones or any kind of waste my time doing meaningless quests then end game for gear grinding.I want a breathing world,various npc scripts to bring towns to life.I want eco systems,weather,building,water zones,basically give me Atlas +FFXI and or better.
    Dibdabs

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Wizardry said:

I will be straight up frank,at this point in time,2020,i EXPECT at the very least a FFXI 2.0,better yet if a 3.0
    HE SAID THE THINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited February 2020
    He has also volunteered to do an interview with the site if they reach out to him but as far as I know, they have not.  @ShankTheTank
    Nope, they have not. 

Meanwhile, Bree over at Massively OP already has a Q/A in the works with us for March, we've got multiple streamer interviews going on in late March, and some other websites as well. 

Our door is always open, but it requires game journalists to do their job and actually interview/do the research/put in the time, not just retweet. 
    Slapshot1188KyleranAmathe
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Renfail said:
    Nope, they have not. 

Meanwhile, Bree over at Massively OP already has a Q/A in the works with us for March, we've got multiple streamer interviews going on in late March, and some other websites as well. 

Our door is always open, but it requires game journalists to do their job and actually interview/do the research/put in the time, not just retweet. 
    Perhaps if you re-branded as a singleplayer console game it might help?

RenfailKyleranAmatheThupli

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited February 2020
    DMKano said:
    Renfail said:
    TEKK3N said:

Preach it brother!

My fear is they run out of cash and never finish.
    I believe Pantheon has the lowest budget of all Indie MMO in development, bar SoL maybe.
    But for what I can see from the streaming, the game seems quite playable already, though with very little content.

If they can finish Project Farthtail (or whatever is called), they will finish the rest of the game, no matter what, as it will be only a matter of world building and content creation after that.

Plus having a small sample of the full game will bring on board more investors and more crowdfunded money.

But yes, right now, money is an issue.

edited February 2020
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    Renfail said:
    TEKK3N said:

Preach it brother!

My fear is they run out of cash and never finish.
    I believe Pantheon has the lowest budget of all Indie MMO in development, bar SoL maybe.
    But for what I can see from the streaming, the game seems quite playable already, though with very little content.

If they can finish Project Farthtail (or whatever is called), they will finish the rest of the game, no matter what, as it will be only a matter of world building and content creation after that.

That's every game, by the way. 

They start with a vertical slice/beautiful corner, get all the game features in, and then just start plugging additional zones/dungeons/etc. into that. 

And they certainly have had more money to work with than us. Brad brought a certain amount of celebrity to the equation.

That, and they never shut their pre-order store off. Ours has been off for an entire year, which is "money thrown away" in the grand scheme of things. 

Coming Soon: The Saga of Lucimia ARPG, for PS4/Xbox. Season passes, cosmetic shop, you name it!
    Kyleran
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    When is projected release date for this?
    edited February 2020
    Wizardry said:
    Not interested in some pro rated streamers hype up a game,matter of fact i am losing more interest by the day to streamers in general,they are all sell outs for money.

Hype,votes also do not matter to me,just show me the goods and explain why i might want to play it.Superficial ideas do NOT win me over.

I am also really not interested in interviews either,those are ALWAYS bull ,just more hype advertising.Make a video with valuable information and explained game design ideas that interest me,show it on your website.
    I lost track at how many games of recent i have bought that were extremely disappointing to the point they all look like super lazy cheap game designs.

I will be straight up frank,at this point in time,2020,i EXPECT at the very least a FFXI 2.0,better yet if a 3.0.I have zero use for Wow clones or any kind of waste my time doing meaningless quests then end game for gear grinding.I want a breathing world,various npc scripts to bring towns to life.I want eco systems,weather,building,water zones,basically give me Atlas +FFXI and or better.
    While it may not be your cup of tea, streamers/content creators/influencers are an extremely valuable tool in the marketing toolbox of industries around the world, not just gaming. 

You are exactly right in that hype votes don't mean a lot. It's still kind of fun. 

We've produced 5+ years of YouTube videos (more than 500 of them), more than 500 newsletters, and dozens of blog posts showing both game design ideas and information about our title. If that's not enough to convince you, I'm not sure what will. 

Obviously not another interview. 

Best of luck finding your perfect game! Sounds like it could happen from a team with a 250+ million dollar budget and 300+ person team!
    AmatheThupli
    When is projected release date for this?
    https://sagaoflucimia.com/closed-alpha-stage-three

https://sagaoflucimia.com/game/faq

TL:DR version: Q4 2021
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Renfail said:

Coming Soon: The Saga of Lucimia ARPG, for PS4/Xbox. Season passes, cosmetic shop, you name it!
    Oh no you didn't go there....

;)
    RenfailThupli

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon