Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reminder, Star Wars: The Old Republic Pinnacles of Power Going Live February 11

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageReminder, Star Wars: The Old Republic Pinnacles of Power Going Live February 11

The Pinnacles of Power update for Star Wars: The Old Republic drops February 11. Here's what's in store.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    The post us messed up on mobile

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• Rich84Rich84 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    idk how this game is still going. I guess there's enough SW fans playing dressup jedi with store bought outfits for EA to keep it up.
    McSleazValentina[Deleted User]Agent_JosephAlomarLucixachesoma
  • BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 245

Rich84 said:

idk how this game is still going. I guess there's enough SW fans playing dressup jedi with store bought outfits for EA to keep it up.

Yeah, people enjoying themselves, ya just hate to see it.
    JHLotBVahidPalebaneValentinaAgent_JosephXarkoAlomar
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

Rich84 said:

Yeah, people enjoying themselves, ya just hate to see it.

It's definitely one of my favorites to catch up on a yearly basis.
    ValentinaTokkenXarkoAlomarSignex
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    It's not the best mmo but is a star wars one and a single player mmo lol
    Agent_Joseph

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Enjoying it as we speak. May not be much of an mmo, but it's still fun
    PalebaneTokkenAgent_JosephAlomar
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited February 2020

Gorwe said:

I just have next to no interest in their ongoing story. Some things should end and SWTOR should've ended on Ziost at the latest.

I honestly feel the same way about every single mmorpg I have ever played. I do enjoy the tidbits of lore mingled in with my own personal ongoing stories though.
    Gorwe

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    So when I last went back to play for a bit, there was this whole Revan storyline and the Empire/Sith were fighting with each other against the Emperor and his kids.

So, unless I'm missing something, different parts of the universe are forever stuck in different moments in time?

When you start the game, you're starting off in a Sith vs Empire storyline until you complete your personal story.  Then you go into this Sith and Empire area of the game where you're fighting the emperors army.  Then you go into the newest part of the story where the Empire and Sith are back at hating each other again?

But lets say you decide that you want to run back to Alderaan halfway through this conflict... you're now traveling back in time?

Maybe it's just me, but I find the whole thing weird.
    achesoma
  • Cosmojim89Cosmojim89 Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Rich84 said:

Can you imagine? Star wars, a popular game? How could that be! Star wars isn't popular anymore. There hasn't been a movie in YEARS.. so strange.. sigh..
    Tokken
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So many devs have ruined IP's and not delivered on games that should be great games.
    The Star Wars brand is an easy sell,they knew that,so they should have put a lot of effort into this game knowing they could easily recoup their money.
    IMO they had a deadline,a budget to not go over "200mil"and that was it,that is the game your getting.

The game fails in pretty much every single system in the game,a very generic boring type game.I think myself and likely most others lasted longer than we should have because we HOPED that just around the corner lurked something great.After awhile it became apparent there was no quality game to be found,cut my losses and never cared about this game again.

Then again i didn't find any of the SW games to be all that good,most just look like cash grabs to cash in on the SW brand.I have zero hope for even the next SW game,like no hope at all.
    Gdemami

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 532
    edited February 2020

Wizardry said:

So many devs have ruined IP's and not delivered on games that should be great games.

The Star Wars brand is an easy sell,they knew that,so they should have put a lot of effort into this game knowing they could easily recoup their money.

IMO they had a deadline,a budget to not go over "200mil"and that was it,that is the game your getting.

The game fails in pretty much every single system in the game,a very generic boring type game.I think myself and likely most others lasted longer than we should have because we HOPED that just around the corner lurked something great.After awhile it became apparent there was no quality game to be found,cut my losses and never cared about this game again.

Then again i didn't find any of the SW games to be all that good,most just look like cash grabs to cash in on the SW brand.I have zero hope for even the next SW game,like no hope at all.

You typed a lot for a post that very little people will care about. Good use of your life.
    Maurgrim
  • shinobi4444shinobi4444 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    this game died 7 yrs ago... and before the white knights come running. Hows your ONE server left?
    RoinAgent_JosephRich84
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited February 2020

Wizardry said:

You typed a lot for a post that very little people will care about. Good use of your life.
    Don't be mad at him, it's not his fault.

Xarko
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    i am back in to this game after 7 + years long break, It is not bad it is fun
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179
    edited February 2020
    Gorwe said:
    this game died 7 yrs ago... and before the white knights come running. Hows your ONE server left?
    That's factually not true. While SWTOR failed to live to its promises(let alone potential), not only is it doing more than fine, but it's also got multiple server types per region(again, far from what it should look like, but meh). Let's stick to facts and then conclude stuff.

Not to mention, I just logged off and there were ~150 on Tython even this late at night/early in the morning. And that's true just about everywhere I go, there's TONS of other players on and chat is lively.

Such a dead game. /s

AlomarGorwe
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    the problem with MMOs are that you have to grind through all the old crap to get to new content and the gameplay stays old as when they made the old MMO game!
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    Raquis said:
    the problem with MMOs are that you have to grind through all the old crap to get to new content and the gameplay stays old as when they made the old MMO game!

Old content are usually better than new content in most MMOs expect ESO, they know how to deliver content.
    GdemamiAlomar
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    I have been toying with the idea of going back to play but I wanted an assurance from those who still play. Have they kept the early game the one with the individual class stories completely  intact. I loved that part of the game but if they dumbed it down or changed things in the stories I will not play.
    Gdemami

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I return for a month every expansion just to play through the new story solo once. I wish it was a better game and an actual mmo that could hold me, but alas it is not.
    immoralthang
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • NukeDukemNukeDukem Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I've literally just started this game and am having fun soloing the stories a decade later. I'm definitely having fun with my Jedi and Sith until Cyberpunk drops. Not to mention it's a Star Wars IP. It could literally go on forever if it wanted to. In fact the ONLY thing I can see ending it would be the day the graphics get so left behind its laughable kind of like what happened to galaxies. Then They'll just drop a new SW MMO with a different name and better engine.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    kitarad said:
     Have they kept the early game the one with the individual class stories completely  intact. I loved that part of the game but if they dumbed it down or changed things in the stories I will not play.
    Yes, I don't think they've made any changes to that part of the game.  They put a lot of work into those stories and I doubt if they'd want to mess with them.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Nebless said:
    kitarad said:
     Have they kept the early game the one with the individual class stories completely  intact. I loved that part of the game but if they dumbed it down or changed things in the stories I will not play.
    Yes, I don't think they've made any changes to that part of the game.  They put a lot of work into those stories and I doubt if they'd want to mess with them.
    Good to know thanks

• AureltAurelt Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Trash at launch, trash right now, trash in the future. Just like the movies. BUT im glad people still playing it and find it interesting and fun. Loyalty is rare these days so big ups for everybody that kept supporting this game. Just like FF14 1.0 had some loyal group of players. Lineage2 still has some loyal fans, FF11. Lineage 1. Everquest 1 2. Keep the history going guys. salute.
  • Rich84Rich84 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Raquis said:

new content is not something you have to worry about with swtor.

every year or so they just up all old content to the new level cap, then add a hallway or 2 with some mobs in it and an ingame cutscene with terrible story or 2.
  • OzzY1988trOzzY1988tr Member UncommonPosts: 13
    "you’ll meat with Darth Rivix to help form The Hand." How can we meat someone? Dark side of the force is always a mystery... Aside from the teribble humour of mine, SWTOR never should have reduce the gigantic republic vs empire war to single sided internal family crisis. After the missions of uber force user teenage drama and family cringe fest, they couldn't pull the story. Now they are desperately trying to seperate sides again with new faces yet none of those faces are strong as their predecessors like Darth Marr, Satele Shan. Sith's become anger filled emo club, Jedi's become giant SJW party.