Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Online 2 Closed Beta is now live!

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited February 2020 in General Gaming
Post edited by Mikeha on
maskedweasel

Comments

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Arterius said:
    I am enjoying it immensly

Same here. ;)
    cheeba
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    just 10 years old
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Confused. Is it for PC? Seems like it's only for Xbox.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Arterius said:
    mcrippins said:
    Confused. Is it for PC? Seems like it's only for Xbox.
    Beta only for xbox. PC release is coming but not sure if same day or after xbox release @mcrippins ;
    Not sure either, but it's cross platform, and you might be able to use your XB char on your PC... which is what I'm hoping for. 

It's been hit and miss.. I love PSO, and PSO2 hasn't disappointed in the fun category.  I don't like some other things about it, but for the most part, I had a lot of fun. 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I played on the Japanese servers and if not for the strange problem of getting frozen every now and then I would have continued. It was probably lag that caused it but I'm unsure. I went to a lot of trouble too creating that account since the captcha was in Japanese.

Looking forward to playing this when it comes on the PC.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Does this have trinity?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Free to play,no way can that be good.Action combat,now i know it can't be good.I never liked arcade gaming style,it is like feeding someone massive adrenaline for 50 seconds then fall asleep.So much adrenaline there is no thinking,just mindless spammy combat.
    How they plan to incorporate f2p doesn't matter,i am not supporting cash shop gaming.

BEST JPN online game ever..lol ummm i might argue that and big time,like not even close.
    So watching actual gameplay,it looks terrible,take away the Phantasy Star name and nobody would care about this game.
    The voice overs are laughable,the  npc mouth keeps moving after it is done talking.Animations laughable,sound effects are sad.
    The photo real world textures look good...of course.Foes look ok but the pet is attached like a leash stuck to the camera,moves as your camera does,looks very unrealistic.
    Without playing it myself it  makes me think the movement and combat would feel like Sword Art where i wanted to uninstall in the first minute.I can tell because i can see the player moving and spinning around unintentionally trying to get back on track with the targeting.

It looks so bad seeing the photo real world textures then seeing the 1990's textures on the ship and characters.IMO it looks like a real cheaply built game.

maskedweasel

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It is like moving in and out of RFO "Rising force online" and a Sword Art online game,the worst of both.
    maskedweasel

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Well, I for one enjoyed myself yesterday, I haven't played PSO since the Dreamcast days, and it brought back a lot of good memories. Will be playing this for sure.
    maskedweasel
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Wizardry said:
    Free to play,no way can that be good.Action combat,now i know it can't be good.I never liked arcade gaming style,it is like feeding someone massive adrenaline for 50 seconds then fall asleep.So much adrenaline there is no thinking,just mindless spammy combat.
    How they plan to incorporate f2p doesn't matter,i am not supporting cash shop gaming.

BEST JPN online game ever..lol ummm i might argue that and big time,like not even close.
    So watching actual gameplay,it looks terrible,take away the Phantasy Star name and nobody would care about this game.
    The voice overs are laughable,the  npc mouth keeps moving after it is done talking.Animations laughable,sound effects are sad.
    The photo real world textures look good...of course.Foes look ok but the pet is attached like a leash stuck to the camera,moves as your camera does,looks very unrealistic.
    Without playing it myself it  makes me think the movement and combat would feel like Sword Art where i wanted to uninstall in the first minute.I can tell because i can see the player moving and spinning around unintentionally trying to get back on track with the targeting.

It looks so bad seeing the photo real world textures then seeing the 1990's textures on the ship and characters.IMO it looks like a real cheaply built game.

Exactly this. Every free to play game is bad. 
    maskedweasel
    What is max LvL in this Game? I ask cause i've seen LvL 88 Chars in Streams and wonder if that LvL'ing is so fast and what's the End of it? And furthermore what to do then? Dailies and what else?  Any Info on that would be cool :smiley:
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited February 2020
    Added preview video and the in game concert.  :)
  • IRobertusIRobertus Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Had a great time playing this weekend and hit level 30. Really looking forward to the final release! Also honestly in a world where WoW Classic is one of the top 3 MMO's out I am sure we can make room for  another 10 year old classic.
    Mikehamaskedweasel
    Ilaya said:
    What is max LvL in this Game? I ask cause i've seen LvL 88 Chars in Streams and wonder if that LvL'ing is so fast and what's the End of it? And furthermore what to do then? Dailies and what else?  Any Info on that would be cool :smiley:
    Max level is 95.. might be 100.. .

The game is a mix of several games. It's like Monster Hunter and Diablo, Guild Wars 1, but it is Phantasy Star which is its own thing. 

You find abilities to level up, you can swap classes and level different skill trees as you go, you can train MAGs which are kind of like pets that evolve as you feed them (MAG levels are 200 max, and you have to feed them gear), there are loot explosions just like in ARPG games, and tons and tons of loot and gear with varying stats. Gear upgrades, some of which that can be very costly. You can also level summoners where you have to take care of and train your pets, which are different than MAGs, and you can create your own NPCs that you can add to your party if you don't want to play with friends.

Max level isn't the end of progression, you still have a ways to go. You also have special event quests that are on a sliding scale of difficulty, and you can choose your difficulty accordingly. 

Plus there's tons of content already, I mean.. 10 years worth of content.

The combat hasn't changed too much from the other PSO games, but there are a lot of abilities for my Force character that I'm really digging. So many different weapon palettes to use, it's really a ton of fun. 
    Ilaya

DMKano said:
    I found it incredibly boring- its not for me, but glad for those that like it.

Just still dont understand what the appeal is here, as the combat is dull and I am not a pso fan, so yeah.

Just not my cup of tea
    It probably won't be everyones cup of tea. If you like games like Monster Hunter and Dauntless, you could probably find a lot to love here.  The combat in those games isn't exactly stellar there, and between Monster Hunter and PSO2 I'd give the nod to PSO2 for better combat. 

I also have to say, the questing system at first is VERY boring.  The story quests, should be skipped for those that don't want to sit through long cutscenes, and there are very few actual missions where you'll battle anything via the story.  

Some missions are just tough to understand, even in english, they don't really explain the objectives in a simple way, which could lead to frustration getting started and doing things quickly. 

After you get into the swing of things, and start hitting harder difficulties and finding larger groups, it gets insanely fun.  But still, I understand it isn't for everyone.
    Ilaya

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    I found it incredibly boring- its not for me, but glad for those that like it.

Just still dont understand what the appeal is here, as the combat is dull and I am not a pso fan, so yeah.

Just not my cup of tea
    It probably won't be everyones cup of tea. If you like games like Monster Hunter and Dauntless, you could probably find a lot to love here.  The combat in those games isn't exactly stellar there, and between Monster Hunter and PSO2 I'd give the nod to PSO2 for better combat. 

I also have to say, the questing system at first is VERY boring.  The story quests, should be skipped for those that don't want to sit through long cutscenes, and there are very few actual missions where you'll battle anything via the story.  

Some missions are just tough to understand, even in english, they don't really explain the objectives in a simple way, which could lead to frustration getting started and doing things quickly. 

After you get into the swing of things, and start hitting harder difficulties and finding larger groups, it gets insanely fun.  But still, I understand it isn't for everyone.

I greatly dislike monster hunter and dauntless- that's exactly the issue - I am not a fan of that style of game at all.
    @DMKano what's the combat like?  Action?
    edited February 2020
    @maskedweasel Thx a Ton for explaining! I like (and hate cause i cant get use to the Menues/UI) MHW and liked Dauntless a Lot. Now waiting for PC EU Release then :)