Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh SBS when will you learn

TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
So something has been happening for awhile, that no doubt anyone paying attention can see. SBS deletes any negative posts from discord. Normally following up with banning the user. While the forums weren't the best place to discuss anything, they have taken a much harder stance. Even the highest backers aren't safe anymore. With Serpentius flat out threatening to ban people. Then there was the last "official" place to discuss how shitty SBS is, reddit. But over the last few days, anything that even remotely calls out any BS SBS does. Removed. Normally they didn't take the same stance, unless the discussion when completely over the line. 

The point of this post? Well truthfully there isn't one. I don't expect SBS to ever change their ways. Everything over the last year has been slowly leading to this point. I am confused why they went this direction. Silencing people have never ended well. People generally go two ways. Complain somewhere else or give up all together. Since SBS clearly doesn't care about pissing off whole kingdoms. I wonder if they have an investor around or why piss off those that feed them? Maybe someone here can make sense of the whole thing for me.
Gdemami

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,542
    This is one of those rhetorical question right?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,926
    I'm convinced anyone still funding this thing enjoys been abused so good move on their part :)
    Kyleran
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Just after recent events. Sick that white knights still defend everything they do, while actively shutting down everyone. 
    Gdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,542
    Torrsk said:
    Just after recent events. Sick that white knights still defend everything they do, while actively shutting down everyone. 
    It's a Puritanical Cult that cannot but help to ultimately eat their own.
    Gdemami

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,926
    Torrsk said:
    And burn the witches too apparently.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Iselin said:
    Torrsk said:
    And burn the witches too apparently.
    Stay in the shadows!

(Radiohead's video inspired by the 1960's children’s TV series the Trumptonshire Trilogy and a homage to the 1973 horror film The Wicker Man.)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,016
    Torrsk said:
    Speaking of eating, apparently some very appreciative backers sent the SBS team large care packages of energy drinks and special treats.

First in months the SBS devs posted on their forums in months, even Caspian dropped in to say thanks. 

I had thought they lost the URL to their forums maybe.
    TorrskAnOldFart

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Kyleran said:
    Speaking of eating, apparently some very appreciative backers sent the SBS team large care packages of energy drinks and special treats.

First in months the SBS devs posted on their forums in months, even Caspian dropped in to say thanks. 

I had thought they lost the URL to their forums maybe.
    The funny thing about that. Someone sent them energy drinks, people commented that making a post thanking one guy in public. Then different devs jumping in, isn't the greatest thing. Caspian reply "thanks for that feedback". They then posted a different thread thanking another person. If that isn't a back hand slap, I don't know what is.
    Gdemami
  • DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Belittling the person, downplaying the complaint and just hand-waving the problem has been their go-to approach to address concerns. Which, of course, turns folks rather toxic. Then they get sanctioned for trolling. Conveniently makes the problem go away on is own two feet.
    Gdemami