Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bounty Hunter's Kit and More In Latest Red Dead Online Update - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageBounty Hunter's Kit and More In Latest Red Dead Online Update - MMORPG.com

A free bounty hunter's kit, discounts, and more await in the latest update for Red Dead Online.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Haven't bought RDR2 yet because of the negative reviews for online play. Has it improved at all?
  • UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I loved the campaign, absolutely awesome. I did something similar I didn’t play online mode literally till a month ago. It’s packed full of content now! Story missions a plenty! They upped Enemies throughout the world, strongholds Respawn faster. Multiple pursuits 4 with the underground tavern, you want to live the cowboy or cowgirl life it’s a must play.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Are there a lot of cheaters? If so, any way to avoid them?
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Go into free aim mode, you get 20 bonus xp per kill, and no One can auto aim you, you do that by enabling free aim in controller settings, Even though u dont use controller, and 1 more place, once u set those to free aim, you shouldnt see a single cheater, and u only meet others with free aim too, so no aimbot and Stuff like that. Changed the game completely for me. Playing it everyday now lol.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    How's the performance lately? I haven't pulled the trigger and bought this because of the issues it's having.

Joined - July 2004

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    edited February 2020
    Personally, I loved the single player campaign.  But have found the online play  to be awful.  Sure, there are some quests you can do with others but that depends on matchmaking (which I have found to not team me up with anyone, thus leaving plenty of quests not being able to do). The other group free roam events that are attack-based are just spawn, die, spawn die.  

There is also an element of toxicity in the online play as it does have voice chat and most sessions I heard racist comments being tossed about.

TLDR; The online play for this game in its current state pales in comparison to the single player mode.  Replay the single player campaign or go for 100% completion instead.  Do not buy this game for the online play as you might be sorely disappointed as I am.