Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blue Protocol Trademark Registered by Bandai Namco for EU and NA - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlue Protocol Trademark Registered by Bandai Namco for EU and NA - MMORPG.com News

"Blue Protocol" has been trademarked by Bandai Namco in EU and NA according to a listing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Show your support for Blue Protocol.
    rojoArcueidalkarionlogLucixWhiteshade92FolmenjungmtsPuReDusTValdheim
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    I dunno about Blue Protocol, but I do like me some Bandai Namco. Been a casual fan of their Tales series for a long time.
    rojoArcueid
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    It looks interesting in the gameplay videos I saw. Gave off huge Tera vibes. Wouldn't mind trying it.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2020
    Aeander said:
    I dunno about Blue Protocol, but I do like me some Bandai Namco. Been a casual fan of their Tales series for a long time.

Sign me up as well. I just finished Tales of Xillia 1 and 2 recently and i'm tackling now Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and Tales of the Abyss.

Probably my favorite series within Bandai Namco. So far, Xillia 1 and 2 have hit me the hardest with a very emotional story. I think it became my favorite in the series and Berseria is a close second.

I hope this Blue Protocol is good.

Aeander said:

Sign me up as well. I just finished Tales of Xillia 1 and 2 recently and i'm tackling now Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and Tales of the Abyss.

Probably my favorite series within Bandai Namco. So far, Xillia 1 and 2 have hit me the hardest with a very emotional story. I think it became my favorite in the series and Berseria is a close second.

To me, the two best ones were Tales of Vesperia (still unrivaled) and Tales of Symphonia. I would say Tales of the Abyss, but those loading times were disgusting; it's a prime candidate for a Switch remaster.

I did not, however, enjoy Dawn of the New World of Tales of Zestiria one bit.
  • sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    i cant hold LL THIS HYPE
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    "Bandai Namco had stated that they had no plans to bring the game to the West"

Why??? So sad!!
    Folmen

• nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Knowing Bandai even if it does come to NA it won't be till next year.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    It looks good, but it's also heavily instanced; very optimized for consoles. You run across a zone and hit a load wall every few minutes.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Whiteshade92Whiteshade92 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Tiller said:

It looks good, but it's also heavily instanced; very optimized for consoles. You run across a zone and hit a load wall every few minutes.

So is this a bad thing? FFXIV is instanced too.

Tiller said:

IMO, not at all. I actually prefer fully instanced worlds, when properly executed, because they give the developer access to certain tools and challenge types that simply aren't possible in an open world.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168

Tiller said:

The ARR zones in FFXIV are small and broken up due to ps3 support being a thing in the past, it's more open later in the game. It never really bothered me in DQ10 either. This game though, some of the maps are very fragmented since it's a hub based instance grinder. If you like waiting for loads as you skip across a map, more power to ya.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Aeander said:

Aeander said:

To me, the two best ones were Tales of Vesperia (still unrivaled) and Tales of Symphonia. I would say Tales of the Abyss, but those loading times were disgusting; it's a prime candidate for a Switch remaster.

I loved the first Tales of Symphonia. Xillia has the same premise about 2 worlds but done very differently and also really good. I played the demo of Vesperia back in the XB360 but never bought the game so i just got it a few days ago on PS4. I heard Zestiria was the weakest in the entire series so i haven't played it. I still want to play it for the story because it's a sequel to Berseria, but i'm not thrilled about that one.

Tiller said:

Guild Wars 1 is also heavily instanced, with loads of loading times, and very optimized for PC.
    And i love it.

Aeander said:

Aeander said:

I loved the first Tales of Symphonia. Xillia has the same premise about 2 worlds but done very differently and also really good. I played the demo of Vesperia back in the XB360 but never bought the game so i just got it a few days ago on PS4. I heard Zestiria was the weakest in the entire series so i haven't played it. I still want to play it for the story because it's a sequel to Berseria, but i'm not thrilled about that one.
    My problems with Zestiria are as such:

* Bland cast. Rose is the only one adding any personality, IMO. And Sorey is a doofus - Lloyd 0.5.

* Wildly changed combat system, almost like it was ashamed to be a Tales game.

* Frequent, sudden, and absurd difficulty spikes.

* Overcomplicated combat mechanics. I was STILL regularly getting tutorialized on new niche mechanics 40 hours in, and I fucking hated it.

So at that 40 hour mark, I gave it away to my best friend, also a big Tales fan, and he also hated it.
    rojoArcueid
    Aeander said:

* Bland cast. Rose is the only one adding any personality, IMO. And Sorey is a doofus - Lloyd 0.5.

* Overcomplicated combat mechanics. I was STILL regularly getting tutorialized on new niche mechanics 40 hours in, and I fucking hated it.

So at that 40 hour mark, I gave it away to my best friend, also a big Tales fan, and he also hated it.
    That doesn't sound reassuring. I really hope Bandai doesn't screw up Tales of Arise.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Tiller said:

Tiller said:

The ARR zones in FFXIV are small and broken up due to ps3 support being a thing in the past, it's more open later in the game. It never really bothered me in DQ10 either. This game though, some of the maps are very fragmented since it's a hub based instance grinder. If you like waiting for loads as you skip across a map, more power to ya.

Rly like that Video. A LOT! I jump in/on the Train now :)
    Aeander said:

That doesn't sound reassuring. I really hope Bandai doesn't screw up Tales of Arise.

I think Tales of Berseria with its back-to-basics approach to combat was a reassurance and a promisary note that they would "keep it simple." It did release after Zestiria, after all.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried, but I'm excited for Arise, and I think it will be good.
    rojoArcueid
  • momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108

Aeander said:

Aeander said:

I would have to say Tales of Destiny and Tales of Destiny 2 were better but that's just my 2 cents.