Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update 108 Coming to Ultima Online in March - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageUpdate 108 Coming to Ultima Online in March - MMORPG.com

The Ultima Online team provided an update on Publish 108 in a newsletter, giving us new details.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    If I wanted to attempt to get into Ultima, are the retail servers still decently populated? I have attempted private shards in the past but I feel like those are extremely catered towards vets and had no idea what was going on.

Also do you have to buy the expansions still if you pay the monthly fee or is that included?
  • GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

If I wanted to attempt to get into Ultima, are the retail servers still decently populated? I have attempted private shards in the past but I feel like those are extremely catered towards vets and had no idea what was going on.

Also do you have to buy the expansions still if you pay the monthly fee or is that included?

On Atlantic United We Fight is a great guild, and there is free to play option with restrictions.
    https://uwf.rocks/

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's awesome this game still exists.
    ThupliValdheim

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• LenoxLenox Member UncommonPosts: 100
    why would anyone still pay for this game.... u can find a free to play private server to enjoy.. plenty of those around with good populations
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Lenox said:
    why would anyone still pay for this game.... u can find a free to play private server to enjoy.. plenty of those around with good populations
    Perhaps some folks understand it is dishonest to steal from the IP owners playing on unauthorized servers?

GamePlay4U

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Gidge13Gidge13 Member CommonPosts: 4
    When you purchase the game or download it for free, it comes with every expansion included except "the Lost Lands" and the mini-type expansions like High Seas and some deco pack type things. There is plenty of content without those to keep a new or returning player busy for quite some time. As far as population goes, there are certain shards that have players active at various times. Mostly due to their connectivity/closeness to the server. You can visit stratics.com and look at forum for UO there and get a little bit of pulse as to what is going on. Atlantic is definitely active. Others shards are as well. Lake Superior has a good number in their community. All shards are welcoming and helpful. Many go to other shards and farm items and bring them back to Atlantic. If you have never played before, there will be a huge "item curve" for you, but for pure enjoyment, it is not needed. For the returning player, the same dungeons exist that were there at the start, same town npc's. Same vendor items and prices. (with a few additions along the way for new content and expansions. If you are a POWER GAMER and have to have the beat all end all as quickly as you can, you may not be to happy, though you are welcome to try to achieve that goal. :D If you have played before, Luna Bank is the new West Britain Bank. Don't feel lost when you log in. You have the choice of 2 clients, the Classic Client or the Enhanced Client with is more in line with newer game gumps. I would like to see a more defined new player experience 'cause I don't want someone to miss out on the wonders of UO.
    Kyleran
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    problem is i never really found out what to do in UO... id love to try again, but there really isnt anything definitive on where to go and what you can/cannot kill.. i ended up just dying a lot with no understanding of my strength or a monsters strength...
  • MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,105

Lenox said:

Free Shards are a dime-a-dozen. Sure there comes a really nice one from time to time, but throughout my time with UO I've seen the best and the worst of the free shards come and go.

Official UO is still here.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds