Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CU Changing Route, New Game? AOC Method?

1235»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Kyleran said:
    Just tonight Mark said the only people ineligible for a refund are the IT pledge tier, and he's offered to upgrade them for free to a higher tier so they can be sold to other players.

Be very interested to know if anyone who has struggled to get a refund is in any other tier beside IT.

If so and if true I will raise it up to him.
    I disagree with his rationale regarding IT testers.  The Kickstarter did not say you could never get a refund.  It said that if you broke NDA(or didn’t sign one) or were not actually testing, that they could downgrade your account with no refund.   That is not applicable here as far as I can tell.
    My thinking exactly, in fact he goes so far as to tell the poster who raised this complaint they were the ones acting in "bad faith" because they broke their "promise" to voluntarily test by asking for a refund.

I tossed it back saying it was him who broke the faith first by failing to deliver the game in a reasonable time frame.

No way should anyone be expected to have to continue testing after 6 years on a game promised to deliver in two.

Mark also said the IT tier was small, so the number of refund requests should be small as well. IMO he would have been better served to just give persons $180 back than try to twist this "proviso" as he's done here. 
    gervaise1Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Just tonight Mark said the only people ineligible for a refund are the IT pledge tier, and he's offered to upgrade them for free to a higher tier so they can be sold to other players.

Be very interested to know if anyone who has struggled to get a refund is in any other tier beside IT.

You need to put in quotes there, I assume that's Mark doing the raising not you? Later in a forum concerned with pedantry I will be doing a lecture entitled The "Death Of Punctuation". :)
    Easier I think if I rephrase my last sentence. 

If so (and if true) I will rub Mark's face in it over on MOP.

Better?

;)
    Scotgervaise1

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

I disagree with his rationale regarding IT testers.  The Kickstarter did not say you could never get a refund.  It said that if you broke NDA(or didn’t sign one) or were not actually testing, that they could downgrade your account with no refund.   That is not applicable here as far as I can tell.
    My thinking exactly, in fact he goes so far as to tell the poster who raised this complaint they were the ones acting in "bad faith" because they broke their "promise" to voluntarily test by asking for a refund.

I tossed it back saying it was him who broke the faith first by failing to deliver the game in a reasonable time frame.

No way should anyone be expected to have to continue testing after 6 years on a game promised to deliver in two.

Mark also said the IT tier was small, so the number of refund requests should be small as well. IMO he would have been better served to just give persons $180 back than try to twist this "proviso" as he's done here. 
    Bree has weighed in on the Refund side.  We will see if Mark responds.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited February 2020
    Did you guys see the footage of Colossal ?

25 minutes in
    gervaise1
    Chamber of Chains
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    cheyane said:
    Did you guys see the footage of Colossal ?

<snip>
    25 minutes in
    To me it just looks "meh". 
    Axxar
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Do you people realize what Chris Robert's was originally pandering to the public,makes Mark's longevity seem like a stroll in the park.
    Yet here we are and Chris is rolling in dough and dumbasses keep giving him money ,OR they put some ridiculous value in PIXEL ships and keep buying lot's of them.

It really doesn't matter what studio we look at,ALL of them are doing something sketchy or simply not delivering or delivering half assed full of bugs,lacking effort etc etc.
    I surely hope people have not been blind to the tactics of gaming that went full throttle about 10 years ago>>>>MARKETING>quality of product.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SylvinstarSylvinstar Member UncommonPosts: 158
    edited February 2020
    Wizardry said:
    Do you people realize what Chris Robert's was originally pandering to the public,makes Mark's longevity seem like a stroll in the park.
    Yet here we are and Chris is rolling in dough and dumbasses keep giving him money ,OR they put some ridiculous value in PIXEL ships and keep buying lot's of them.

It really doesn't matter what studio we look at,ALL of them are doing something sketchy or simply not delivering or delivering half assed full of bugs,lacking effort etc etc.
    I surely hope people have not been blind to the tactics of gaming that went full throttle about 10 years ago>>>>MARKETING>quality of product.

For those of us old enough to remember the video game industry crash of the 80's: Major Contributing factor - market saturation with crap games. This is where we are now. There will be a contraction in the industry sometime in the next few years I'd bet - just my wild speculation.

On an unrelated note..what's up with the direction at Blizzard?  It almost looks as if they are purposely screwing up to devalue the company... ;)
    Gdemami
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Wizardry said:

For those of us old enough to remember the video game industry crash of the 80's: Major Contributing factor - market saturation with crap games. This is where we are now. There will be a contraction in the industry sometime in the next few years I'd bet - just my wild speculation.

On an unrelated note..what's up with the direction at Blizzard?  It almost looks as if they are purposely screwing up to devalue the company... ;)
    The crash of the MMO industry already happened.  Most investors figured out that it was dead years ago.  We just tried to keep it on life support through the wonder of crowdfunding.
    Gdemami
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I bet New world and Amazon are like “thank god!”  :D
    meddyckKyleran
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    If Colossus gets finished and actually releases, which is no guarantee. Imagine it doesn’t sell well. Many games don’t. That might end CU.
    Kyleran