Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent PvP Gameplay

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I've been gaming since Space Invaders. Crowfall is the worst I have ever seen. Reminds me of Asian Grinders mixed with Fortnite. Staying far away from this one.
    NorseGodUngoodwreatchJamesGoblinmeddyckHatefullultimateduckalkarionlog

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Avanah said:
    I've been gaming since Space Invaders. Crowfall is the worst I have ever seen. Reminds me of Asian Grinders mixed with Fortnite. Staying far away from this one.
    I can't disagree with this assessment.. 
    JamesGoblinalkarionlog
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• wreatchwreatch Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Wizardry said:
    "... but pvp in a mmorpg is just so out of touch."

Ummmm.  Really? NOT having PVP/Designing for/around player interactions in a mmorPG would be "so out of touch"  Hilarious

Seriously. 

This is the single worst thing i have read in years, not even going to touch what came after.  GG #itstheendasweknowit

Our generation is the last great generation for sure, god bless all those that follow, all downhill from here and its not even a question anymore. 

Do not go into the light

• wreatchwreatch Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Avanah said:
    Should this be the case, a hard look in the mirror is due, with subsequent hard pivot, hopefully to follow.

Do not go into the light

• TcoxsalTcoxsal Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I have been playing this for a little while and it does look promising.  Need to be in a guild to play this one, cannot solo this game effectively.  Yes, I know it is in alpha and they are implementing new things all the time, but right now it is a snooze fest.  PVP is hard to find and factions seem to be unbalanced.  
    JamesGoblinHatefullultimateduck
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Wizardry said:
    OP says not the same w/o a team or guild.Well yeah because it looks like pvp is all the game really has to offer.It might fit their budget but pvp in a mmorpg is just so out of touch.
    They will NEVER balance the pvp..never.

Why would anyone pick a genre like rpg for pvp anyhow,maps will mean virtually nothing and you don';t have time to do anything as a team once the mess starts.

Geesh i still play UT99 and when i hop into a server with even 6 players,i already hear TOO much noise and my system begins to get bogged down by so much going on the screen.There isn't even a lot of high poly stuff either,in these modern games with 10/20/50 players,it will be a shit show of lag and impossible to follow.

Part of great pvp is listening for sounds,using your map and understanding hot spots,safe spots,Z-axis spots,rpg';s can't do anything high level for pvp.
    In open world PvP the devs do not really "balance" the PvP as much as provide all the tools and counters for the players to balance vs certain builds as needed all on their own.   We make a series of vessels to meet the needs of different situations then we log into the toon that we need.   It requires players to adapt continuously to a changing meta and meet the tactics needed for the goal, be that harvesting, crafting, small scale PvP or sieges.   

JamesGoblinultimateduckHatefull
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Too much bloom, too zerg centric and CC heavy. I might regret buying this game. It still has years of development left imho.

MurderHerd

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    While I watched, I imagined that I was actually playing it, and started getting frustrated by lag and input delay. 
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited March 2019
    All this flashy crap (BIG pile of POO) is a side effect of asian games creeping into the western style game market.  Don't like to profile but eastern gamers/devs cant seem to get enough of that and huge swords and it is rediculous and distracting.  Yes, WOW overdid the huge swords thing too, but not to the extent of eastern games.

BDO flashiness is a prime example.  More than one or 2 players and you have nothing but a lightshow.  Replace the screen with a pic of a big gleaming swirly turd and it would be an improvement.
    alkarionlog
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Avanah said:
    Yeah way off, but that is cool that you want to stay away, I do recommend that
    JamesGoblinultimateduckHuntrezz

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• BladeburaibaBladeburaiba Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Well the developers are in a tough spot.  How do you make it so that it is at once noticed, but does not affect visual game play?

If you go subtle and sublime, someone's going to comment "you spent 100 million dollars and no one will notice!"  This generation of consumers don't like subtle anyway, no matter what they say.

Well the developers are in a tough spot.  How do you make it so that it is at once noticed, but does not affect visual game play?

If you go subtle and sublime, someone's going to comment "you spent 100 million dollars and no one will notice!"  This generation of consumers don't like subtle anyway, no matter what they say.

I don't see anything "over the top" in regards to effects, most of the people with complaints along those lines just enjoy complaining for the sake of complaining. The game is in Pre-alpha which means there will be many changes before it hits live.  
    JamesGoblinultimateduckFrykka

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2019

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited June 2019

Yeah, that was back in 2018, I play right now, again, pre Alpha (google what that means) so things are changing all the time.

So anyway, as I was saying even that clip has nothing crazy in it. Pretty standard. I would not expect someone only capable of posting outdated footage and irrelevant pictures to be able to understand that things change during game development.
    Post edited by Hatefull on
    JamesGoblin

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I like big spell effects. Nothing sucks more than blasting off a big, powerful fireball and having it look like a flaming meatball with a little extra marinara sauce on it. I want a f'n gnarly ass fireball with a big f'n explosion when it hits.

Hatefull
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    edited July 2019
    I like big spell effects. Nothing sucks more than blasting off a big, powerful fireball and having it look like a flaming meatball with a little extra marinara sauce on it. I want a f'n gnarly ass fireball with a big f'n explosion when it hits.

This is great in singleplayer games, and in MMO's where you've got a group of 4-9 players with a few spellcasters, fighting a group of 4-15 mobs.

When you've got a big PvP battle like Crowfall is planning, smaller more restrained spell effects give your game 2 crucial things:

- better performance
    - better combat readability (i.e. easier to know what the heck is going on around you)
    Slapshot1188HatefullHuntrezzKyleran

This is great in singleplayer games, and in MMO's where you've got a group of 4-9 players with a few spellcasters, fighting a group of 4-15 mobs.

When you've got a big PvP battle like Crowfall is planning, smaller more restrained spell effects give your game 2 crucial things:

- better performance
    - better combat readability (i.e. easier to know what the heck is going on around you)

I liked it with DAoC. A few void elds could blacken a huge area. I thought it was cool.

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Ugh, gross.  PvP in MMO's is all just faceroll the nearest enemy and scream for heals.
    Huntrezz
    Geeky said:
    Ugh, gross.  PvP in MMO's is all just faceroll the nearest enemy and scream for heals.
    Sounds like someone sucks at PvP. ;)
    HatefullHuntrezzJamesGoblin
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I can dig it. Looks cool to me.
    Hatefull
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    What's pvp game play likein this game? 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Couple different answers here.

1. There is small groups or soloists running around having small group fights. This is cool as resource gathering takes on a whole new flavor. This is also where assassins shine. They suck at:

2. Large group seige type battles which are very group-centric, but with all the aoe makes stealth classes (mainly assassin) largely useless. 

Both are fun in their own right. The TTK in this game I feel is spot on. Plate wearers taking longer to kill (all things being even) but even leather wearers can last long enough to survive a gank if you play really well. The point is: you will not be one-shot, or stun locked to death so I feel like I have a chance no matter the situation.

This patch brought back huge spell effects, so the original footage is relevant again, I like it but it needs to be toned down.

Right now, bows are broken, as a matter of fact, I guess that Ranger all around is doing way too much damage, I expect this will get sorted out shortly.

Bottom line is, the game needs a lot of polish, but each patch is bringing improvements. It is a slow but steady march forward. The fights are rewarding and even newer players can contribute and have fun. This is all, of course, just my opinion but I have heard it echoed in the chat quite a lot.

DMKano said:

literally shown in first post of this thread.

Dated footage. While not a whole lot has changed, it's still not wrong to ask for the current state of the systems. You, according to you, of all people should realize that games change over time especially in early development.

JamesGoblin

• Blazzen_LoDBlazzen_LoD Newbie CommonPosts: 5

FrykkaJamesGoblinHatefull
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited February 2020

That was from like 2 or more years ago fyi...   lots of changes since then.   I mean Sugoi and HoA playing together (before they started poaching our guys) against UDL, LotD, LOD.  We hope to ressurrect the fun factor soon.  Get your guilds ready.
    JamesGoblinHatefull
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    felt like i was at a rave with all the flashy everything going on everywhere.  you know what works better than having fire works go off every time you land something?

the crunching sound of bone or the sound of the player losing his breathe and just that feeling of impact on another player. like when i push to swing and i connect i want to hear the thud and have it feel like i just caved in his chest. not some fancy light show like i just hit a jackpot on a slot machine.

Kyleran