Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warcraft Reforged Offering Automated Refunds, Blizzard Still Silent Amidst Backlash

2»

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Kyleran said:

Gdemami said:

Ungood said:

I applaud Blizzard.

They gave people back their money with no fuss and let them piss off, realizing that nothing is gained by engaging the angry minority.

Which is in reality, the most professional way to handle a situation like this, let the haters blow out their butthurt into a void, and just move on to dealing with the people that like your game.

If anything, I think the many small companies that have been dealing with crowdfunding, have shown us, nothing to be gained by trying to talk back to be people that just want to be angry.

...kind of agree but the problem is the size itself.

For Blizzard, thousand lost customers is not such a big deal but for a studio making a game for already small audience, such number of customers is important, even if they are hard to please, self-entitled morons...

Such a weird world you two live in, where customers asking for a refund on an arguably bad game are angry, butthurt, self-entitled morons.

I guess neither of you have ever refunded a purchase? 

its gdemami, you just ignore and move on nothing he says is worthy a look

I still have my old cds from WC3, so I guess I have gold stored here
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    Ungood said:
    I applaud Blizzard.

They gave people back their money with no fuss and let them piss off, realizing that nothing is gained by engaging the angry minority.

Which is in reality, the most professional way to handle a situation like this, let the haters blow out their butthurt into a void, and just move on to dealing with the people that like your game.

If anything, I think the many small companies that have been dealing with crowdfunding, have shown us, nothing to be gained by trying to talk back to be people that just want to be angry.

For Blizzard, thousand lost customers is not such a big deal but for a studio making a game for already small audience, such number of customers is important, even if they are hard to please, self-entitled morons...

Such a weird world you two live in, where customers asking for a refund on an arguably bad game are angry, butthurt, self-entitled morons.

Having to give a refund is a good way to force some form of quality control.

The vibe I get by the attitude and the business model being pushed by the video gaming industry is that a good chunk of the industry really does look at their customers as a bunch of morons.

As far as Blizzard goes I think it’s pretty clear now why Morhaime and Metzen left when they did.
    Gdemami

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    Ungood said:
    I applaud Blizzard.

Of course I have. I also did not lose my shit at the person behind the counter giving me back my money, expecting them to grovel for my forgiveness, because I didn't like the product for whatever reason.

I am actually far more upset at games that started good where I enjoyed them and thus put many hours and much money into them, and then they go and fuck things over, where I cannot be refunded for my now lost time.

Sovrath
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    This company lost its way when it was bought out by activision, same as what happened with BioWare and EA. The only people who are happy are the people who don’t know any better, the people who are content with WoW content and gameplay. I was a fan since the original diablo and Warcraft games, played just about everything they’ve ever done, have sunk thousands and thousands of dollars on skins and what have you... so if I’m considered a minority then idk what to say here, but it is clear as day that the decision makers behind this company don’t know what they’re doing.
    Gdemami

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• BladeburaibaBladeburaiba Member UncommonPosts: 132
    One would think that if offered an automatic refund, people who were offended by the game would be a little mollified.

On the other hand, some people are going through a breakup with Blizzard, so it is hardly surprising they are broadcasting those feelings to others, even if Blizzard returned their stuff.

Blizzard and their supporters would rather not get the bad press, but in life sometimes there are consequences that you have to deal with even if you do a "take back."

And the people that are angry at the "angry, butthurt, self-entitled morons" are really just angry because they have to live with this dumb situation created by those same "angry, butthurt, self-entitled morons."
    Ungood
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Nyctelios said:
    To me one of the weirdest things (nobody seems to be talking about) is they kep the low frame rate animations for the units. 

It's an eyesore.

I can't look at it.
    yeah i notice that and looks so bad 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    This release is so weird to me. They kept it on the original engine, so engine related issues are still present. They removed ladders so anyone interested in continuing ladders until the new system is implemented cannot even do that (I had friends refund due to this). They have insanely bad performance issues (more of my friends refunded due to this). The weird framerate problems.

What I don't really get the backlash for is the EULA thing with custom maps. Why is this a problem? You are creating something within their game, wouldn't it be a common thing to have it be their property? Or is custom content within games usually the users property?
  • MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128
    DMKano said:
    Still unreal how far Blizzard has fallen

Every time I see a once great company sinking lower and lower, I go and watch this again.

• Riqqy82Riqqy82 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    I think original blizzard checked out after WoTLK tbh, i believe it was their intentions since TBC started coming to an end, and i aslo think that activisions buy in was planned so they could check out. The company just isnt the same anymore, perhaps they had no one to take the reigns...But they are in a state of damned if they do damned if they dont now and probably will be forever, when the RPG world cannot be imagined by a developer and the developer turns to its clientele for suggestions its doomed to fail, they listened on pvp suggestions it ruined the pve aspect of the game in late classic with the introduction of resilience and pvp equivalent gear, they tried multiple different additions and modifications and even worse new class design to try and spark somethign, but it always falls short, mostly due to them building off statistics and not imagination. So many things they did add and could have leaped mountains they failed to improve on and just leave them mediocre, like m+ and raids. They torched the diablo series, the starcraft series, they pretty much killed everything off over the coarse of 8 years, brilliant i say. Classic wow has even lost its drive because they chose to bring back the bullshit that made the game horrid along with the stuff that made it good, a decision like this is why the company fails, they could have easily re-released classic wow with improvements like graphics, spell batching, you know the stuff that made the game reactionary and fun. anyhow well played blizzard