Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grim Dawn?

2»

Comments

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    I find Grim Dawn to have smoother and funner gameplay than Path of Exile, but I enjoy Path of Exile's skill building system more (not that I find either bad in both categories).

In the end I stopped playing Grim Dawn though because it kinda just... ended for me, I guess.  Perfected the build I wanted to perfect, got the items I wanted to get, and all the new content updates only drop stuff for new alternate builds rather than anything my build can use.  Also, IIRC, the next big major content update is also stated to be the last (or am I misremembering things?)   Such is the life cycle of an offline ARPG I suppose, and to Grim Dawn's credit, that was a freakishly long lifespan for an offline ARPG.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    So far I'm really enjoying it. Only 2 character slots though?

No. It's unlimited character slots as far as I know. At least I've never run into a limit.

The character creation is a bit buggy for me though. Sometimes it doesn't "take" and the new character won't appear on the list so you have to do it twice. You may be seeing the same thing.

This guy is one of the few who does comprehensive 1-100 leveling guides and they're well written to boot. I'm currently checking out this pet-heavy Cabalist and it's very good at least in the mid  30s where I have it:

https://www.requnix.com/gaming/grim-dawn-builds/sir-crunchybones-skelemancer-cabalist

It's fun to do it yourself and all but Grim Dawn has an absolutely huge number of options with the skills, gear, gear enhancements and devotion. You'd be smart to follow a guide at first until you get the hang of it.
    ultimateduckjimmywolf
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    edited February 2020
    It starts with 2 open slots but allows you to go past that, which I didn't realize. I'm an altaholic.