Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Has Hit Steam, Exclusive Developer Interview - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion
imageAstellia Has Hit Steam, Exclusive Developer Interview - MMORPG.com

Astellia Online's Steam launch has happened, bringing the Korean MMORPG to a new platform. We had the chance to ask the studio about the Steam launch, as well as some of their plans for 2020 and beyond.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Players report that you can't even refund this game because they sell it as DLC.
    chocolate42069SailorMomKyleranstrawhat0981gastovski1
  • KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Still no mention of male scholar, mage, or archer. I wonder if this will be like the Mystic in Bless Online where the game closes before something that was announced before launch ever gets released.
  • AcalexAcalex Member UncommonPosts: 72
    RIP
    McSleaz
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Are you really sure you want to launch on a platform with refunds? 
    McSleaz
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

Kataal said:

Still no mention of male scholar, mage, or archer. I wonder if this will be like the Mystic in Bless Online where the game closes before something that was announced before launch ever gets released.

Gender locked classes are a sign of a poor, lazy dev team.
    KataalHatefullMcSleazPalebane
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Aeander said:

This is why you cant play the game from their storepage. All it does is redirect you to their DLC pages and on Steam, this type of DLC is not refundable as it will add items outside of Valves reach.

So if people want to judge a game on its marketing.. this is one dead RIP game :D
    Hatefull
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    $80 on Steam...Umm....No!
    Hatefull

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm just waiting on a certain individual to educate us on all things Astellia.
    maskedweaselHatefullAsm0deus
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Avanah said:

$80 on Steam...Umm....No!

if you click the "read more" button you'll see a standard edition for $30. Sneaky way to get people to miss that one and pay $80 lol...
    Hatefull

• MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128
    edited January 2020
    OMG! So excited about this game, you guys!! I'm downloading it as we speak. Check my activity on my page...it's so close to what I've been longing for! This game will allow me to be the ringleader of a gang of lollies! Fragilae!! It's indescribably beautiful!

Update: They just launched the game in NA...and immediately went into a 6-hour maintenance! :D

Edit: Do not buy this game...the graphics are terrible. They are using Unreal Engine 3 and DirectX 9 for this POS. I'm in the process of getting my $30 dollars back.
    Post edited by Marid on
    McSleazDragonyckValdheimalkarionlogTacticalZombeh
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Wow selling it as DLC to avoid refunding is not great. 

I had fun with the game while I played, but I doubt it will gain any traction on steam, and if it does it will have a hard falloff like Bless. 
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838

Aeander said:

This is why you cant play the game from their storepage. All it does is redirect you to their DLC pages and on Steam, this type of DLC is not refundable as it will add items outside of Valves reach.

So if people want to judge a game on its marketing.. this is one dead RIP game :D
    That's actually evil.
    Hatefull
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    I'll wait for it to go f2p.
    Hatefullalkarionlog
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    People have been reporting they've received refunds so maybe they've fixed their problems.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Ginaz said:

People have been reporting they've received refunds so maybe they've fixed their problems.

Honestly, it might depend on who you talk to via steam. I've gotten refunds on stuff 10+ hours into a game by proving that the hours don't always calculate right on steam (had some games start the gameplay timer while I'm actually downloading the game due to external launchers).
    Hatefull
  • WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Shady a.f.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    steam graveyard award!
    [Deleted User]
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    They only "Fixed" that because they got called on it.
    Otherwise they'd of kept with the dlc stuff since they had to deliberately put it as DLC.

Someone thought it was a sneaky good idea. The community gave a big FK YOu and bam ooopsie poopsie it was a accident.

Lol.... I guess if that's what you want to call that an accident then it's an accident.

I still call shenanigans because we all know they clicked the "IS DLC" shit.
  • Jannine92Jannine92 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    I'll play it if they pay me the $30
    Palebane
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited January 2020
    Don't worry guys it launched on Steam as of right now has 58 players online Steam Charts says... Amazing launch. I can see why this died in Korea.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    DMKano said:
    yeh, and here I thought it's gonna be huge...
    Like seriously.... why would you think this?

Anyone who has played this can tell you that it's completely forgettable and below average.

like you need to play to know that
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Aeander said:

They've had a two-week refund policy for several months.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2020
    DMKano said:
    Jannine92 said:
    I wouldn't play this if they paid me $3,000.
    How long would we be required to play it? That money could be invested in some other game.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• LordRhysLordRhys Member UncommonPosts: 18
    It also has an issue where if you had a trial account for the original web site client you can't create a steam account without using a new email address, no way of linking accounts.
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    DMKano said:
    Jannine92 said:
    I wouldn't play this if they paid me $3,000.
    I would- Hell I'd play it for $50...