Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Final Fantasy VII Trailer Drops - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Final Fantasy VII Trailer Drops - MMORPG.com News

The new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake has dropped.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Wow that was as bad as a modern day movie trailer with the reveals. It's only 3.5 minutes of 40+ hours but damn. But it still made me hyped up for the game.
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Loved original. Hope this one captures feels
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited January 2020
    hype over 90000 still no gameplay of turn based gameplay :(
    infomatz
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

Arterius said:

As someone who has never played the original I should not have watched this trailer. However, it looks cool. I had no idea there was a talking dog thing either.

Going to be picking this up when I get my PS5 me thinks.

nanaki rules!!!
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited January 2020
    The original was the first JRPG I played. I am so HYPED!!

It is turn based right ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

cheyane said:

It is turn based right ?

from what I saw, no
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

cheyane said:

It is turn based right ?

You'll have the option to play in an action combat style akin to FF15 or to play in the original ATB version which will be the turn based version you're looking for.
    infomatz

Tsumoro said:

cheyane said:

It is turn based right ?

You'll have the option to play in an action combat style akin to FF15 or to play in the original ATB version which will be the turn based version you're looking for.
    SUPER
    Chamber of Chains
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

cheyane said:

Tsumoro said:

cheyane said:

It is turn based right ?

SUPER

This was asked and demonstrated at TGS. I was very happy to see both options available.
    infomatz
  • DeathboDeathbo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Have they said how many games the remake will be spread across ?
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Deathbo said:
    Have they said how many games the remake will be spread across ?
    3 with each being 40ish hours each
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Its great that they are only releasing it on the PS4. Gives me time to play they heck out of Mount and Blade II before it comes out on a real system.
  • Awo303Awo303 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited February 2020
    Its both turn based and not, you can play it as either. Dont recall where I seen the vid but I for sure seen it some place.
    I am glad that it is coming out on PS4 that is the only console I have now.
    Chamber of Chains
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited February 2020
    Garick said:
    Another game with Gender swapping, cross dressing and all that other LGBTPoop stain on its curtains. Gross.

You don’t really have a clue what you are talking about right? Or play FF7 at all.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Celciusetlarinfomatz
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited February 2020

lahnmir said:

Garick said:

Another game with Gender swapping, cross dressing and all that other LGBTPoop stain on its curtains. Gross.

You don’t really have a clue what you are talking about right? Or play FF7 at all.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Looks like just another outrage troll that made it's way here. Better to just ignore it.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Tiller said:

lahnmir said:

Garick said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Looks like just another outrage troll that made it's way here. Better to just ignore it.

This is likely true. The guy seems a little too ignorant to be real.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was never a FF7 fan and i own the old and newer version on Steam.However this actually looks pretty cool,at least the video looks cool.It looks like they changed a LOT from the original to the point this looks like a brand new game.
    I haven't enjoyed a FF game since ff 10 and 11 but good chance i pick this up.
    [Deleted User]CelciusTacticalZombeh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Great graphics, realistic animations, good storytelling...what's not to like about the FF franchise?
    infomatz
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Marid said:
    Great graphics, realistic animations, good storytelling...what's not to like about the FF franchise?
    The only thing I never really liked about it was the stupid clothing a lot of characters have had in the series. 
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Tsumoro said:

cheyane said:

It is turn based right ?

the combat is diffreant from ff15 plays diffreant
  • atonicoatonico Member UncommonPosts: 15
    lahnmir said:
    Garick said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I think he was joking about Cloud's dress swapping (hopefully)

So hyped !!!
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168

Marid said:

Not all have had good stories. A lot nonsense or repetitive. 7 I liked due to its Akira like theme.
    8 felt samish, and ending was comical bad. 9 protagonist ruined it for me. Etc. They often introduce several women type: the dominate female, the girly, and the mystical one. You usually always have to go for the mystical one. I wish you could pick. What's funny in, 7 you have dialog choices, I always tried turning the forced "love interest" down but to no prevail. Game set on rails. Same goes for 8.
    Maybe they will finally work on story and social aspects in stead of cars and top ramen.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited February 2020
    Nanbino said:

Marid said:

Not all have had good stories. A lot nonsense or repetitive. 7 I liked due to its Akira like theme.
    8 felt samish, and ending was comical bad. 9 protagonist ruined it for me. Etc. They often introduce several women type: the dominate female, the girly, and the mystical one. You usually always have to go for the mystical one. I wish you could pick. What's funny in, 7 you have dialog choices, I always tried turning the forced "love interest" down but to no prevail. Game set on rails. Same goes for 8.
    Maybe they will finally work on story and social aspects in stead of cars and top ramen.
    Actually, in the original FF7, your dialogue choices and a few other things actually do determine which girl you end up with (and even none at all though you'll probably need a guide to pull that off), at least until PLOT happens, that is (though even after that, it does change one final scene a little).

Alas that you end up being railroaded anyways.  Guess they ran out of development time or just stopped caring or something.  I have fond childhood memories of trying to unlock all the romance scenes (the internet wasn't really much of a thing back then.  At least, not enough to give a romance guide to the game when it first came out)
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    hooked! completly