Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shiny Day (01/09/20) Copy, Pasta Job

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Serpentus has fallen into the same paranoid siege mentality as Caspian, both view all critics as "enemies" and "trolls" regardless of any previous level of support.

Their reactions are all rather childish really, no adults left in the room it seems.
    Slapshot1188

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I will say one thing though, and this is my honest opinion completely devoid of any malice.

Serp has a very "Karen"-like attitude. The guy just seems very stuck up and hides behind every action through passive-aggressiveness.

Not to mention the fact he sends threatening PMs about people trying to go around the whimsical trolling/toxic rule SBS has set up on the discord/forums/reddit, yet uses sarcasm and ad-homs against people inquiring about what the fuck is happening with the game. 

I can't believe how anxious and fragile he is, really odd stuff
  • goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Well, what can one say? With a couple of day left in January who really knows anymore what is up? If you visit the CoE official Discord the explanation is plain and simple, they are VERY hard at work hence being silent, and they are going with quality over quantity. Yup, there will come a day when SbS makes something that is not completely bug ridden, broken, or stolen.

Caspian said state of elyria in December 2019, multiple times...fast forward end of January and nothing.

Settlers of elyria down now what? 6 weeks? Have they even got a clue wtf is wrong with it? Perhaps change in the vision once again, Caspian loves to throw shit at the dart board and seeing what sticks. Will they even release Settlers anytime soon?

Boy oh boy how unlucky this studios is with the start of 2020....photoshopped stolen shiny, followed by some snow days...followed by utter silence...followed by Serp saying "oh yeah guys no shiny as most staff are sick).

Look on the bright side, February by default HAS to be a better month for the studios as January was a trainwreck even by SbS golden standards.
    Mendel
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    <snip>
    Look on the bright side, February by default HAS to be a better month for the studios as January was a trainwreck even by SbS golden standards.

Fewer days, fewer chances to embarrass themselves.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Mendel said:
    <snip>

Fewer days, fewer chances to embarrass themselves.

Or they could try and concentrate it and get the same amount of shit into less days...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Didnt you know they all went on a work outing to Wuhan province in China. 
    Torrskgoldboyy45KyleranGodeau
    edited January 2020
    So they managed to release a shiny, what do you guys think? Interesting Vye posted it, what happened to Snipehunter?

This was a nice shiny...sure it took 5mins to put together...as it shows nothing at all..some char models that we've seen years ago...8M cash and 4 years..this is what they show us. How brainwashed are people? It's absolutely sickening. Is the studios even working on a game or what is going on?

Something of concern to me is it looks like they want to go with newer hair designs....sigh more wasted time and scrapping prior work..Vye writes:

Bonus/Belated Shiny:

We also like to play with new stuff when we can. Unreal 4.24 released some new, built-in hair sim and we figured it couldn't hurt to try it out. We're not sure if it'll replace our existing hair yet, but you don't know if you don't try! How do you think this compares to our existing hair?

This is from 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeqpcUzOMhE

This is now, 3.5 years late:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34644/Character-Face-Body-Explorations-Unfit-or-Unattractive
    Yeah I saw that.  I dunno what to say.  There’s nothing wrong with the Shiny per say but as you state... at this point stuff like hairstyles is kind of... bleh.

Maybe they can ditch the Shinies and do a weekly in game glimpse of gameplay via livestream.  Just 30 mins a week or every other week would go a long way.
    Mendel

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited January 2020
    Yeah I saw that.  I dunno what to say.  There’s nothing wrong with the Shiny per say but as you state... at this point stuff like hairstyles is kind of... bleh.

Maybe they can ditch the Shinies and do a weekly in game glimpse of gameplay via livestream.  Just 30 mins a week or every other week would go a long way.
    The sad part do they even have hairstyles locked in? Based on what Vye said, "not sure if we will replace our existing hairstyles or not"...guess they think they have infinite time and resources. One day reality will come crashing in like a brick, hopefully Caspian and crew are ready for it.

and yes, in a vacuum it's a great shiny giving us a great glimpse, that said, when Caspian adamantly said full launch would be in the 2nd half of 2019...and that has passed...and you are still deciding on hairstyles...that is VERY alarming for me. To each his own i guess.
    Slapshot1188Kyleran
    edited January 2020
    So Caspian stopped by discord yesterday for a chat. I thought this bit of info was interesting, so i take it Caspian never had actual plans to release the state of elyria write-up in December of 2019, looks like that was a pure fable.

https://ibb.co/KqjnbHP

Correct me if i'm wrong, i was under the impression that the state of Elyria would be released right after Settlers of Elyria is back up and running, looks like that has changed once again. It's as if Caspian loses all memory of the shit he says the week prior.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    goldboyy45 said:

It's as if Caspian loses all memory of the shit he says the week prior.
    Sounds like an object permanence issue to me. Every day is a brad new day!
    Mendel

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    goldboyy45 said:

It's as if Caspian loses all memory of the shit he says the week prior.
    Sounds like an object permanence issue to me. Every day is a brad new day!
    But on a mass scale as the most dedicated just forget as well...

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    I don't know what to make of that shiny. I'm also not sure why people are losing their shit over it. The hair looks whatever, the model looks hell crap. Am I missing something here? 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Torrsk said:
    I don't know what to make of that shiny. I'm also not sure why people are losing their shit over it. The hair looks whatever, the model looks hell crap. Am I missing something here? 
    I too was surprised at how much people were fawning over it, but decided to leave them alone in their land of delusion.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    They'll have some serious soul searching after all is said and done lol

how they don't see anything wrong with concept art for 4-5 years straight is insane
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Torrsk said:
    I don't think the models are crap. 
    But where is the racial variety on the Hrothi sized ones or those I believe are To'resk...

They all look vaguely human... 

Why no colours after all this time... 

And the hair... Meh 
    AnOldFart said:

Not so much crap as nothing new. Do people not remember so many years back when they did a video showing off all the tribes? Now we are back to still pictures. While the hair picture is somewhat new. I'm just waiting for something truly new. All this just makes me think they got it all ready years back and randomly reach into a pile for a new shiny. 

But after catching Caspian saying on discord that all the designers were busy with DSS. While not surprising there is nothing new to show off. They have not been working on the game for basically the last year.
    KyleranAnOldFart
    Torrsk said:
    AnOldFart said:

Not so much crap as nothing new. Do people not remember so many years back when they did a video showing off all the tribes? Now we are back to still pictures. While the hair picture is somewhat new. I'm just waiting for something truly new. All this just makes me think they got it all ready years back and randomly reach into a pile for a new shiny. 

But after catching Caspian saying on discord that all the designers were busy with DSS. While not surprising there is nothing new to show off. They have not been working on the game for basically the last year.
    And with Caspian saying he wants to get to what? 30 employees at the studio, lets do some math on the cash burn they will have. Seriously there is no way they have cash to last more than 7-9 months from now. Which means in the next couple months expect massive fundraising once again.
    Kyleran
  • ConcernedPledgerConcernedPledger Member UncommonPosts: 3
    They took as shiny from Pinterest and posted it on their website as their own. This is so embarrassing and scary for the community and the whole gaming world watching them. This game is looking every day more like a Scam and a Vaporware. I hope that Caspian will be held accountable for his acts if they can catch him in Panama with al the money from the pledgers. 
    edited February 2020
    They took as shiny from Pinterest and posted it on their website as their own. This is so embarrassing and scary for the community and the whole gaming world watching them. This game is looking every day more like a Scam and a Vaporware. I hope that Caspian will be held accountable for his acts if they can catch him in Panama with al the money from the pledgers. 
    Accountable for what? And with what money? Caspian genuinely tried to make CoE...the money is all gones, they had 8M cash over 4 years, mmos this size need 30M to 100M...what do you expect? Now there is nothing left...time to go the camelot unchained route and make another game and hope that generates money to finish CoE. There is simply nothing left here, and the backers and ppl who give this clown Caspian money are all to blame.

I fully expect SbS to close shop in the next 2 years. This is a failure just like EQ Next and Revival Online.
    Accountable for what? And with what money? Caspian genuinely tried to make CoE...the money is all gones, they had 8M cash over 4 years, mmos this size need 30M to 100M...what do you expect? Now there is nothing left...time to go the camelot unchained route and make another game and hope that generates money to finish CoE. There is simply nothing left here, and the backers and ppl who give this clown Caspian money are all to blame.

I fully expect SbS to close shop in the next 2 years. This is a failure just like EQ Next and Revival Online.
    Years ago I said they should have focused on their Adventure Construction Set or whatever they called it.  Where they would let people construct small single server areas that they could populate and play GM while others explored it.  They were going to sell expansion packs with terrain, items, creatures etc if I recall correctly.

That would have been a much simpler route to start with than the most complex MMORPG ever proposed...  and the fanbase would have bought up everything they created.

KyleranMendel

goldboyy45 said: Now there is nothing left...time to go the camelot unchained route and make another game and hope that generates money to finish CoE. There is simply nothing left here, and the backers and ppl who give this clown Caspian money are all to blame.

Who's to say they aren't doing just that? We have seen nothing about Pre-Elyria in awhile. Apart from random shinies but nothing to really prove there is some multi player game out there. I wouldn't be surprised if they go the route of just releasing some single player game.
    Torrsk said:
    goldboyy45 said: Now there is nothing left...time to go the camelot unchained route and make another game and hope that generates money to finish CoE. There is simply nothing left here, and the backers and ppl who give this clown Caspian money are all to blame.

Who's to say they aren't doing just that? We have seen nothing about Pre-Elyria in awhile. Apart from random shinies but nothing to really prove there is some multi player game out there. I wouldn't be surprised if they go the route of just releasing some single player game.
    And remember, Camelot unchained is a magnitude of times simpler than the scope of CoE, and SbS is working with only 8M cash, which probably most of that is long gone now, so yes, releasing some other game is something I see Caspian doing...just like Mark Jacobs is trying to...in order to get some investors on board.
    Torrsk said:

And remember, Camelot unchained is a magnitude of times simpler than the scope of CoE, and SbS is working with only 8M cash, which probably most of that is long gone now, so yes, releasing some other game is something I see Caspian doing...just like Mark Jacobs is trying to...in order to get some investors on board.
    Yet what kind of a game would they even make? If they struggle with a simple multi player Pre-Elyria game. Would have to be a single player, doing what? What would make it different than any other game around? What would draw people in?
    Torrsk said:
    Torrsk said:

Yet what kind of a game would they even make? If they struggle with a simple multi player Pre-Elyria game. Would have to be a single player, doing what? What would make it different than any other game around? What would draw people in?
    architectural tool or something perhaps? But yeah good question as to what they can actually make